After-market wheels

VCR

Exploring the idea of after-market wheels which I am a complete novice on. Please educate me on the brand, quality and reliability. Nothing wild and scream "look at me" please and staying with stock sizes on both wheel and tires. Seems like HRE is the preferred choice here. And what is the controversy on the ADV.1 wheels please?

Thank you.

Exploring the idea of after-market wheels which I am a complete novice on. Please educate me on the brand, quality and reliability. Nothing wild and scream "look at me" please and staying with stock sizes on both wheel and tires. Seems like HRE is the preferred choice here. And what is the controversy on the ADV.1 wheels please?

Thank you.

Both are excellent brands.. I really like these GfG california wheels on my car. Very well made.

Also CCW makes an excellent wheel

I'm a fan of HRE.

ADV.1 makes some good looking wheels and a lot of people like them. I heard they were bought out by MOMO.

Brixton and Rotiform are making some good looking wheels too.

I would get HRE if you are looking for after market, they have been tested and approved with TUV, JLL certifications. Rotiforms are junk ask me how I know.

HRE and BC Forged are my go to brands. GFG, Rotiform, ADV1 all junk.

My murcie had GFG, the wheel quality sucked and the customer service sucked too.

HRE has a long history of making great wheels. Personally I think that one-piece forged are the best - simple in execution and usually less weight. That said - the local territory owner in South Florida for HRE leaves plenty to be desired in business ethics. Buy them anywhere else but from him.

Another for HRE, I bought my first set this year for my Ford GT. I had my car in France for Le Mans and for the first time in my life.....curbed both passenger side wheels. I hit the curb pretty good too, I was expecting enough damage to not hold air. Pulled over and checked them out and they were just scrapped up a little bit.

Soon as it got back in the US I had the wheels sent to HRE for repair and they are just as perfect as when they left the factory the first time. Price to repair was very fair too.

Very impressed thus far.

ADV.1 makes some good looking wheels and a lot of people like them. I heard they were bought out by MOMO.

MHT Wheels use to make the rims for ADV1 and a host of other brands. I think now that MOMO has bought them out, they moved in house.

Saw this vid they put up not long ago:

MHT Wheels use to make the rims for ADV1 and a host of other brands. I think now that MOMO has bought them out, they moved in house.

Saw this vid they put up not long ago:

Arent these the same as the 360 Forged guys?

There is a guy on the facebook, a member of Lamborghini Passion, his name is Howard Hinnant. He custom designs wheels and has them milled from forged aluminum. He had a decent design for the Adventador not long ago, look him up.. make something one-off...

There is a guy on the facebook, a member of Lamborghini Passion, his name is Howard Hinnant. He custom designs wheels and has them milled from forged aluminum. He had a decent design for the Adventador not long ago, look him up.. make something one-off...

I would steer clear of this option. He doesn't cut the wheels in house. It is sub contracted to Kartier Forged which then sub contracts to COR wheels. Not worth the head ache

By way of throwing out another viable option aside from HRE, Forgeline makes a high quality custom wheel at a reasonable price point.

I love the Cor forged line. I'm on my 20th+ set literally and never had any issues on street/track etc.

If you need a in let me know.

I would steer clear of this option. He doesn't cut the wheels in house. It is sub contracted to Kartier Forged which then sub contracts to COR wheels. Not worth the head ache

Not sure of all of those loops. Maybe so.

In the end, you could have someone design a unique set of wheels at a reasonable price- was the thought. I have no affiliation or experience with the guy.

A friend of mine has HRE on both of his cars. They are awesome & good quality plus all UGR TT Lambo guys use them on their cars.

Those rims do 240-250 mph runs and don't have a problem

What about Vossen Wheels ??? They look amazing...but expensive :(

I'm going to go against what seems to the general theme here. In almost all instances I prefer the original wheels that come with the car. More so than many car manufacturers, Lamborghini seem to have put a lot of thought in to the wheel design and in particular how the wheel compliments the overall design of the model.

I have yet to see an after market wheel on a Lamborghini that looks better than the original wheel. Maybe equal to, but never better.

I'm going to go against what seems to the general theme here. In almost all instances I prefer the original wheels that come with the car. More so than many car manufacturers, Lamborghini seem to have put a lot of thought in to the wheel design and in particular how the wheel compliments the overall design of the model.

I have yet to see an after market wheel on a Lamborghini that looks better than the original wheel. Maybe equal to, but never better.

:iamwithstupid:

I've seen wheels which look better but are they better wheels?

I am too worried about the manufacturing quality of the aftermarket and situations like the ADV guy sitting in front of camera explaining to his customers how he failed them, what a joke, give people their money back if you are incapable of running a business "the cat ate my homework, I am working on it now, please wait while I still have your money" LOL

If I were to buy aftermarket I'd deal with a very reputable manufacturer such as BBS and HRE but I prefer to stay genuine, if there is a failure you have factory backup.

Imho there is only one true wheel manufacturer in the world and that is BBS.

All others look up to that. BBS makes also OEM wheels for dozens of big manufacturers and they have life long reputation from street and track use.

That being said BBS has only few good designs, and only few lightweight designs. They are all strong though.

But there are great designs and great lightweight wheels from other margues now.

CCW, MORR, iForged, Work etc...

I remember HRE founder's son writing on certain BMW forum 10 years a go. He had some nice wheels.

They are solid company.

Rotiforms are really heavy wheels.

Do not in any circumstance buy Forgestars.

I have 8 custom made wheels from them. 3 has cracked barrel, one's oblique from new.

Nothing beats the feeling of waiting 6 months of production delays, bullshit and shipping to only find out how turd hit the fan yet again.