Grand Tour

rmtn

It was pretty fun. I wish my tickets to the filming had come through.

Had a few friends who were at the taping for the first episode, they said it was pretty boring and long and they got stuck in the back during filming. Supposedly if you're a couple (m+f) they'll put you up in the front. Bunch of guys, no chance in hell.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most smart TV's have the amazon app. I accidentally ordered Prime years ago (no idea how, next day I had a $100 charge) and just went with it. Best mistake ive ever made. This show is well worth the price of admission

Guess there is no chance I am going to be getting an Amazon app on my Apple TV is there? .

Get it on your phone and stream it via AirPlay. That should work.

Overall, I loved it. They're definitely finding their rhythm again but I'm sure they'll settle in. Some of the humor/bits were kind of awkward and overacted but the car segments were exactly what I loved about the former show. Their new track looks like a blast!

Glad that they are no longer at the BBC. The budget for that show is excessive and reckless imo.

It offered nothing that they did not already do so why and where did that money go?

The photography work is great but then so was the last series of top gear.

Glad that they are no longer at the BBC. The budget for that show is excessive and reckless imo.

It offered nothing that they did not already do so why and where did that money go?

The photography work is great but then so was the last series of top gear.

My guess is a lot of the budget goes to bringing that "tent" around. I saw an interview with Andy Wilman and he said what you don't see is the control room that is behind everything that has to be carted across continents.

So the plane with Jeremy Rainer... hiring planes is not cheap. Putting Hollywood film stars in those planes is not cheap. And it was 30secs.

Cost per second? And that joke could not be delivered any other way?

That was just 30secs.

So the plane with Jeremy Rainer... hiring planes is not cheap. Putting Hollywood film stars in those planes is not cheap. And it was 30secs.

Cost per second? And that joke could not be delivered any other way?

That was just 30secs.

I didn't even think about that...

I'm 5 minutes in and my gosh is it a little excessive . That intro must have cost a lot of $

$3m reportedly.

Amazon cares very little about cost at this point, the ROI will come in other ways (prime membership, added sales, etc). It's a long game marketing campaign, nothing more.

When it comes to Amazon, their motives throw the whole industry on its head. They have bought up companies just to use the technology entirely inhouse and disrupted entire markets along the way. This is very much going the same way. The "profitability" of the show in a traditional sense is way down on the list of priorities.

If you study the company as a whole the way they execute things it's quite remarkable.

$3m reportedly.

The "profitability" of the show in a traditional sense is way down on the list of priorities.

If you study the company as a whole the way they execute things it's quite remarkable.

Nail on the head, long game.

pretty good stuff. the jokes were a bit more cheesy than Top Gear was. The american driver was commentary was unnecessary. they over exaggerated on the "communist" joke.

other than that it should be a good 3 years :)

Sadly the second episode was very dull. It had very little for car guys in the front and rest of the show was boring americanism guns blazing. I dont unedrstand why car show cant be about cars. To me that is most interesting stuff anyway.

I liked the 1st episode, they give a really entertaining review of the Hybrid 3.

The 2nd episode though... Clarkson warned about it being non-car related prior, but I didn't expect it to be like that. It felt incomplete, as if someone had cut out parts of all the segments. The army part especially ended up being like an extreme low budget movie. Even the car review was kind of dull. Personally I would have liked to see more of May taking on the Spining culture, as it felt too short. Also, the celeb part needs to go, we get it GT is not TG.

No offence to anyone here, but i really dont like "the american" or the track.

at least they're not doing SIARPC anymore and are poking fun at it.

They'll find their new groove soon enough.

Yes we got both of those in the first episode. The american angry anti-Stig and the anti-celebrity in a car segment.

But all of their stuff is already shooted, it's reprogrammed maybe cut and they can be too big and clumsy to change direction that fast.

They had 1000-fold everything that is needed to make exquisite car content, but they decided othervise. World is such a horrible place that we can just watch it elsewhere and these might soon be just old guys who nobody is interested into.