Grand Tour

rmtn

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Track isn't as good. I thought the second episode was better than the first. Less cheesy IMO. Agree that the country boy driver is a little over the top.

tactical segment was too long, some funny stuff like tom cruise movie? "cocktail?"

the new "stig" is just terrible....

vulcan segment was great...

tactical segment was too long, some funny stuff like tom cruise movie? "cocktail?"

the new "stig" is just terrible....

this ^

The 2nd episode is absolute garbage, I wasn't sure if I was watching a car review show or some shitty British comedy show with guns trying too hard to please the TRUMERICA :) :)

Yes but for the vision, expertise and talent available it was pretty meh. It could of had been much more thorough.

Episode 2 was very tedious, fast forwarded most of it. The Vulcan review as others have mentioned lacked any real detail. Shame, that car is really growing on me.

Pretty white audience for SA.

ugh.... Still too much scripting and the special ops stuff was good but way too repetitive. They lost me.

Aston Martin Vulcan is the sauce they need to stick to. Pinning hopes on Ep. #3. They need their mojo back. Or is it gone?

Questioning the wisdom of launching a new fad, er, social media network amidst the launch of a show with highly mixed reviews. This doesn't feel authentic.

Second episode was garbage. Attempt at humor was painful to watch. Special opps segment made me almost not want to watch the show again. The Vulcan sounds fantastic. I agree with Loony on the "american stig", he sucks too. It was better when stig didn't say anything.

I wanted the Vulcan segment to be longer. The show just seems too scripted. When they were on TG it was hard to tell what was scripted and what wasn't when they would go back and forth with each other. The trailer for the 3rd episode is out and looks more car oriented. "The American" isn't funny. I saw a clip where they were with Ben Collins as their stig. Hopefully he replaces the current driver.

I actually enjoyed episode 2...it was like watching a movie if they actually made one (which I think was the gag, to parody action films). The Vulcan is sick, hopefully more car reviews are in order.

Second episode was garbage. Attempt at humor was painful to watch. Special opps segment made me almost not want to watch the show again. The Vulcan sounds fantastic. I agree with Loony on the "american stig", he sucks too. It was better when stig didn't say anything.

I wanted the Vulcan segment to be longer. The show just seems too scripted. When they were on TG it was hard to tell what was scripted and what wasn't when they would go back and forth with each other. The trailer for the 3rd episode is out and looks more car oriented. "The American" isn't funny. I saw a clip where they were with Ben Collins as their stig. Hopefully he replaces the current driver.

+1 with everything you wrote.

I thought always that it was great realization to mute the driver so we could always hear most of the engine sounds. Now I feel it was just a joke and happy coincidence. It also was funny to hear all the folk music or audiobook he listened briefly in those clips. It was great comedy and great contrast between serene and calm inside the car, and all the speed and angry noises the car was making outside the cockpit.

High hopes for 3rd episodes. How ever if fourth is again shit show and grannys trying to act, I'll get mi coat.

I thought TG got canned for good.

I feel like Grip is best car program in existence. I watch it even when I dont understand the german. Jay Leno is true car guy too. Although his same name carrying TV show is also way too scripted, but thankfully youtube stuff is all original and humble stuff.

agree. 3rd episode was more like the middle years of the original Top Gear. Hope that stay there and don't go back to over scripting like episode 2.