Pappy van Winkle

TestShoot

It's awesome but I have lost interest since you can't find it.

Japanese whisky like Santory is excellent and available

I've often wondered if it's more the allure that drives the desire then the actual product.

I've often wondered if it's more the allure that drives the desire then the actual product.

That's what i am wondering. I can get a few small tasters from Flaviar but I wanted to know if three shots are worth the $390 price of admission.

Did a back to back tasting Saturday with many of my other favorites that are much easier to find. Using the same mash bill and exactly the same proof it was amazing how much better Weller 12 and Antique Weller were compared to Pappy 10 and 12. Pappy 15 has always been my favorite of theirs but even that doesn't make it into my top ten bourbons. No, I wouldn't pay even half that for three shots. Even if all three were 23 year.

Did a back to back tasting Saturday with many of my other favorites that are much easier to find. Using the same mash bill and exactly the same proof it was amazing how much better Weller 12 and Antique Weller were compared to Pappy 10 and 12. Pappy 15 has always been my favorite of theirs but even that doesn't make it into my top ten bourbons. No, I wouldn't pay even half that for three shots. Even if all three were 23 year.

Where'd you taste them at? I tried the 15 a year ago over across the river at Party source, and I have to completely agree with you. Wildly overrated. Im a big fan of the weller antique but even that can be tough to find at times. Pappy is all hype in my eyes

All of the bottles are worth it at retail. Once you have had a few bottles, no way I would pay over that given the other readily available options out there.

+1 on Weller. You really can't find a better tasting bourbon for the price.

Where'd you taste them at? I tried the 15 a year ago over across the river at Party source, and I have to completely agree with you. Wildly overrated. Im a big fan of the weller antique but even that can be tough to find at times. Pappy is all hype in my eyes

My local bar :icon_mrgreen:

Reads to me like a blind taste test is called for by the OP and friends.

Holiday escapade! Have fun.

I am actually doing just that, a bunch of these little tasters and my two closest buds. I am also doing a "bum wine" tasting for a bigger party, the opposite direction made up of bad bottom shelf swill.

Go on......Silver spring house has a terrible selection and that's my home court!

The bar I'm talking about isn't public. The best part is I only have to navigate two flights of stairs to bed if I have a few too many.

20161123_084538_zpshlrehusb.jpg

Sweet jesus! Now that is a well stocked bar my man!

I see you have that OKI bourbon on the left there. What did you think of it? I was pretty impressed the 2 times ive tried it.

OKI is good stuff. If you are looking for good readily available bottles the new Willett releases are great (Noah's Mill, Rowan Creek), and for the money Corner's Creek is amazing.

Reads to me like a blind taste test is called for by the OP and friends.

Holiday escapade! Have fun.

I did this when I moved here. I bought a bottle of every bourbon liquor barn sold... And blind tested it for about 6 mos.

Jim Beam Black was the winner.

I did this when I moved here. I bought a bottle of every bourbon liquor barn sold... And blind tested it for about 6 mos.

Jim Beam Black was the winner.

I think the liquor store was the big winner here

The bar I'm talking about isn't public. The best part is I only have to navigate two flights of stairs to bed if I have a few too many.

20161123_084538_zpshlrehusb.jpg

Showoff.

I had pappy in SLC of all places. It was good but worth he $, I dunno