Got a new creampuff!!!

Allan-Herbie

What ever happened to the Huayra Roadster, Huracan, R8 and GT350?

Funny you ask. I am always a believer in everything happens for a reason (maybe stupid, but it works for me), and I woke up one day and realized that I would rather invest and save the Huayra costs. Those cars are beautiful, but I think I was jumping the gun too much for where I am in life. The Huracan is still on the table, but I would like to see what Lamborghini brings to the table in Geneva this year before pulling any Lamborghini related triggers. R8 turned into the 911. Family members of mine bought a Macan S and I have fallen head over heels in love with Porsche. The quality of their products, the way they drive, the looks, and the CPO warranty are all second to none. That with the added bonus of not getting attention like a supercar are all nice. My GT350 costs were going to be $100,000.00 , which I ultimately decided is too much for a Mustang when I already have one. Like I said, everything happens for a reason, and various events have changed my plans.

Sorry to distract from your car Allan. I am enjoying all of the instagram posts!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a Big Congratulations Allan! The is a true driver's car! Excited to here more feedback of the car. Would also be curious of maintenance costs over time as well!

Thanks guys! Car has a TUBI race style exhaust on it, and it sounds pretty good. If I do anything, I may change the exhaust to the GMG Racing. No straight pipes for me.

Amazingly I drove my Countach yesterday, and I dont think there is much difference in clutch effort between the 2 cars. Not that that is a bad thing.

Thanks guys! Car has a TUBI race style exhaust on it, and it sounds pretty good. If I do anything, I may change the exhaust to the GMG Racing. No straight pipes for me.

Amazingly I drove my Countach yesterday, and I dont think there is much difference in clutch effort between the 2 cars. Not that that is a bad thing.

Agree, don't straight pipe it. It's the ONLY car that sounds pure with stock exhaust.

I put exhausts on all my car, hell I'm putting one on my LR4. But the CGT comes perfect.

As a matter of fact, when I bought mine from a buddy, he had a Tubi on it as well and I told him to put it back to stock. Everyone thought I was crazy.

But it's the only car I have left stock....Ever.

this car is a keeper forever!

what is the price range on CGT's now? i do think very soon they will be in the million range!

Allan, or anyone else can you please chime in on what these cars are bringing real money ? I fully understand not sharing the price you paid but. See them from $600-800k and that is a huge range on a $600k car. I am truly considering this instead of an SV for the next car.

Red on a porsche only works on the 993 Gt2 and this car, and Man does it work on this car.

Congrats and enjoy it!

Congrats Allan...the car looks great in red!!! How much different is the clutch compared to other supercars -- is it much different to drive?

Hey guys, I cant really comment on the drive, as Ive only driven mine like 25/30 miles. Was hoping to do a long drive this weekend but its been raining. From this short time a few observations.

1. The clutch.. It is stiff, but I like it that way. The Murcielago clutch for instance, I find way to easy. I prefer the feel of the Diablo and Countach. As I mentioned before, the CGT clutch is not much lighter than my Countach. Getting it off the line in my limited experience has been simple. You simply remind yourself that no matter how awkward it feels, do not touch the gas pedal at all. You can actually be driving the down street from a dead stop, having never touched the gas.

2. You sit low in the car, and Ive noticed a few times when at a cross section that both side view mirrors really block your view at some angles.

3. Throttle response is INSTANT. Even with the new tires on the car, floor it in first or second, and it lights up the rear tires. I find this alot of fun. You simply keep your foot planted, and the car pointed straight , and it eventually hooks and goes. I have not touched traction control, however the whole time your lighting up the tires the traction light is flickering, yet its doesnt seem to be doing anything.

4. The car pulls very strong. Id imagine on a roll its a good match for a Huracan or Aventador. I was looking over some road tests the other day, and the CGT went 132mph in the 1/4 with 0-100 in the mid 6s after a rather slow 3.5 sec 0-60. I dont imagine Ill ever be drag racing it. Tested curb weight on the car is 3146lbs, and Alex dynoed his bone stock CGT at 560rwhp.

5. I love the feel of the shifter, its super smooth and fast. 2nd gear takes a while to warm up. Downshifts sound incredible. The car as a whole feels very special. Its comfortable, ac ice cold, good radio etc. I look forward to pulling the top off and listening to the car scream.

In regards to price. I think over the past year, summer especially the car market kind of slumped. This past month it seems to have picked up quite abit. I know just yesterday at auction a red 25th Ct with 35K km sold for $477k and a 7500 mile 05 CGT sold for $725k + fees . I have been working on this particular car for like 3 months, and ultimately from my trying to judge the market it ended up costing me an additional $50k. Was worth it to me though, as this was a one owner from new, with religious maintenance records, including a recent full major service with new clutch. Car has full luggage, pouches, sun glass cases, cover etc. Ebay, Cars.com , Autotrader etc have the same 15 or so cars for sale for a long time. Most of them claim full service, but either arent fully serviced, the services were done years ago, or are in need of service. Several of them also do not disclose accident histories.

If you want to buy a car to collect, I think the CGT will go the way of the F40. Both have similar goals, both have similar production #'s ( the CGT is actually less then F40) . Today F40s are selling in the 1.1 to 1.8 million range. Id imagine within the next 10 years the CGT will as well.

Red on a porsche only works on the 993 Gt2 and this car, and Man does it work on this car.

Congrats and enjoy it!

Thanks and I agree. Im not really a fan of red cars, but I think the CGT in red with the yellow calipers looks amazing. If I got a silver one, I was going to have it wrapped white.