Got a new creampuff!!!

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is just a fast car with snap oversteer, you drive at 8/10 and don't do anything stupid, nothing to worry about. Too much hype about the cgt being a widowmaker, some people just have zero driving skills.

And before someone brings up the Paul Walker thing, Rodas was driving a car with shit tires that were cold, recipe for disaster in any car at speed.

8/10?

Wow, that's pretty aggressive driving.

The common rhetoric makes it sound like 5-6/10 and losing it.... :lol2:

People really do overdrive their limits. I've always told people I never learned what understeer was until I did autocross, and truthfully most people should never encounter understeer on the street.....because if they do, they're going way too fast probably.

8/10?

Wow, that's pretty aggressive driving.

The common rhetoric makes it sound like 5-6/10 and losing it.... :lol2:

People really do overdrive their limits. I've always told people I never learned what understeer was until I did autocross, and truthfully most people should never encounter understeer on the street.....because if they do, they're going way too fast probably.

You mean oversteer, all street cars are setup for understeer,very safe, you get off the gas and the car gets back in line. All modern sportscars are way too much to handle for the majority of the population, limits are beyond what anyone will dare to push, especially on the street.

Thing is, with just about any mid engine car, if the rear end starts to comes around, if you don't catch it almost immediately, you are going to lose the car.

You mean oversteer, all street cars are setup for understeer,very safe, you get off the gas and the car gets back in line. All modern sportscars are way too much to handle for the majority of the population, limits are beyond what anyone will dare to push, especially on the street.

Thing is, with just about any mid engine car, if the rear end starts to comes around, if you don't catch it almost immediately, you are going to lose the car.

Very true. And that's what worries me. Modern engineering with hi-tech electronics on today's cars make any rookie and mediocre driver feels like a F1 pro. But everything has its limits and physics cannot be defied. Once the threshold is crossed, it's bad news. The huge majority of members here, if not unanimous, knows how to drive but not necessarily the Lewis-Hamilton-wannabes speeding recklessly pass you. Don't want to get dragged down by these morons. Even being the witness of their accidents is disturbing; who wants to see a nice car being wrecked let alone injuries and fatalities.

Congrats again Allan. Enjoy the great new toy, stay safe and away from the hot-headed idiots please.

Great car in a great color. Anywhere you look on the car you will see a seamingly insignificant component that obviously took a German engineer years to create.

The tops including storage are very well done but you'll never want to drive with them on and miss so much of the experience.

They are the most amazing cars I have ever experienced. Congrats.

Went for a drive w Allan today. Red CGT on the third Anniversary of Paul and Roger's passing.

This CGT is mint! Allan took the Mulholland snake aggressively and we lived. What an amazing car.

Went for a drive w Allan today. Red CGT on the third Anniversary of Paul and Roger's passing.

This CGT is mint! Allan took the Mulholland snake aggressively and we lived. What an amazing car.

Thanks Raj.. Was a great time. I look forward to going driving again soon! Next time we take out my Countach! Thanks for my Fast and Furious CGT!

You have an SV, no need to be jealous! lol

There is definitely a fear factor involved in driving the CGT... Every move you make, you question whether its a good idea..lol

I love that aspect in older sportscars.

Nothing makes you feel more alive than tip toeing a fraction away from death.

Enjoy! :)

Isnt your garage a 3 car, or do you have a second garage? Or did one of the lambos get put in the driveway overnight allan? haha

He's just going to start putting them in the house next to his James Dean Porsche :lol2:

He's just going to start putting them in the house next to his James Dean Porsche :lol2:

Then where is the playboy pinball machine going to go?!?! :icon_mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...
Saw some ricer in a red cgt in calabasas by the commons on sunday.

Car sounds incredible.

Stop driving like such a grandma.

I drive nice and slow so that you have the chance to appreciate my sheer beauty.