What the fcuk is wrong with people.

UNCONFIRMED:\\\\\\

2 suspects.

1 down.

Machete also used.

bomb squad looking at backpacks.

Car also used as weapon.

\\unconfirmed\\

A fire alarm was pulled. As students evacuated building a car came along, ran them over, and two armed men got out to continue the attack...

Sounds like possibly no GSWs. Car ran curb intentionally and driver began cutting/stabbing people nearby. Butcher knife used.

How can anyone at THE OHIO STATE be angry after the Michigan win?

I know, right??!

Maybe this guy is from Ann Arbor. :shock:

Fire alarm confirmed coincidental, not part of attack. Victims include some hit by car, stabbed, possibly some shot.

College campuses need to start installing mass notification systems everywhere on campus, period. If they care about lives or at least want to pay lip service, it should be done.

So the simplest way to describe mass notification systems (MNS) is to think of a voice fire alarm system in a high rise building and now add the ability to make pre-recorded messages from what's called a Local Operating Console (LOC) that is scattered in a few designated locations for people to initiate these messages (with the option to go live with a microphone). You can even designated dedicated strobes with amber colored lenses.

Such a system can be either in-building or campus wide, and you can tie the two together. It is also supposed to override fire alarm signals per code....it carries that much weight.

Easiest to just make it a combined fire alarm/mass notification system, where the added cost is maybe 25% per building piggybacking off the existing infrastructure.

The building codes will never require such a system because it's not life safety as it pertains to fire. However, it's clear where it should go.....and the majority is for military since they themselves require it, but on a real world level it happens far less on military posts than college & K-12 campuses (Fort Hood & I think DC Naval Yard).

Besides reviewing conceal carry gun laws in these areas, this is something that should be looked into a lot more than it is. It doesn't eliminate the threats completely but it goes a long way to preventing the confusion and chaos that exist in these situations.

There is no safe place anymore. This is so sad/horrible

I know.....a tough reality to stomach.

Car in question

5prWiwS.png

AP_16333628924769.jpg

I was about ~50 ft away from what happened. A fire alarm went off in our building and everyone went into a nearby courtyard. I think the fire alarm was legit, but I can't be positive. We had been outside for over half an hour. Ambulance, cops, and firefighters were already there/were about to leave. A really beat up car drove into the crowd that was gathered in the courtyard. Our initial reaction was to run towards the scene because we assumed it was just a tragic mistake. It took the guy time to get out of the car, but he ran from his car swinging wildly with a really odd looking knife. He was yelling like mad.

Islam is a conservative religion; I would imagine all the social justice propaganda taking place on school campuses in the last few years wouldn't jive too well. I can't see this going away. Just a thought.

fcuk me with a chainsaw. HE'S scared for HIS safety???

He was so scared for his safety in a country where Trump is president he had to lash out and hurt others before he was hurt himself- some 20-year-old Starbucks barista in Seattle

Did victims die?

No one died. 8 people to the hospital. Stabber was taken down by 20 year old cop from the university.