Incoming 991 GT3RS

cake

I have mine up for sale but I may keep it. basically if someone offers the right number id sell it, but other than that Its not going anywhere unless I'm driving it. :eusa_dance: Congrats on the allocation

homo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I approve of the name you little wonder strumpet
Of course you do :eusa_clap:

I have mine up for sale but I may keep it. basically if someone offers the right number id sell it, but other than that Its not going anywhere unless I'm driving it. :eusa_dance: Congrats on the allocation
Thanks.....good luck with yours!

homo
:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Congrats Carol! Best of luck with it!
Thanks Tara

• 3 weeks later...

It finished production 8 days ahead of schedule - on 12/15.

Arrived Emden (German port of exit) 4 days ahead of schedule, on 12/19

Have not been able to get an update since then. I believe Porsche is shut down for holidays between Christmas and New Year. Our dealer has been checking but there is no vessel attached to the car at this point.

There was a vessel that departed Emden on 12/23 headed for Davisville, RI (our US port of entry) and is expected to dock on Jan 3 - one day ahead of schedule.

I strongly suspect our car could be on this ship but don't know until the dealer confirms this is the case. The car was originally not scheduled to depart Emden until Jan 6, and arrive Davisville Jan 20. Dealer ETA is still Feb 10 but I'd bet money it'll be here a LOT sooner.

Same thing happened with the GT4. I went onto marine traffic.com, found a likely vessel, tracked the progress and half way across the Atlantic the system confirmed it was on that ship. In this case no system updates are forthcoming, and of course the car could still be sitting at port.

Will update progress once I know something. Getting excited.

Just had Lennox heater installed in the garage. Hubby is ecstatic - a warm garage to enjoy a scotch and gaze at the contents! Just in time for the RS!

It's on a vessel making the crossing. Departed Germany yesterday. Scheduled to arrive Rhode Island 13th but that'll likely change.

The name of the vessel:

GOODWOOD

I smile every time I think about it. :icon_mrgreen:

It's on a vessel making the crossing. Departed Germany yesterday. Scheduled to arrive Rhode Island 13th but that'll likely change.

The name of the vessel:

GOODWOOD

I smile every time I think about it. :icon_mrgreen:

Goodwood is hauling ass @ 17 knots and is expected to arrive in davisville on the 13th.

I am stalking GOODWOOD just like Cappy :P I would expect arrival at DVV in 7-8 days if all goes well.

At Port Emden. Look at that sea of cars wrapped in white!

IMG_0645.JPG

Update on marinetraffic.com

IMG_0643.PNG

IMG_0640.PNG

IMG_0642.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Goodwood docked early this morning.

It can carry up to 6203 "standard" cars (not sure of definition of standard)

It takes roughly a day to unload

No idea how long it'll take for the truck to arrive, and unfortunately I can't stalk the truck.

Dealer will receive bill of lading once it's on a truck so from this point forward all updates come from dealer.

If there were an emoji for it would be inserted HERE!!

Goodwood docked early this morning.

It can carry up to 6203 "standard" cars (not sure of definition of standard)

It takes roughly a day to unload

No idea how long it'll take for the truck to arrive, and unfortunately I can't stalk the truck.

Dealer will receive bill of lading once it's on a truck so from this point forward all updates come from dealer.

If there were an emoji for <sitting-on-the-edge-of-my-seat> it would be inserted HERE!!

nice! this is one of the best parts of ownership! congrats!

nice! this is one of the best parts of ownership! congrats!
Thanks

The ship was only in port about 10 hours - and it's on the way to JAX.

Now we wait for the car to clear customs, get on a transporter and arrive at the dealer. I'm hoping it's there by the 20th but who knows?

• 3 weeks later...

Coming home very soon!

Arrived at dealer 1/21

IMG_2312.jpg

Very public unwrapping - it arrived an hour before a club mid-winter party! We shared our joy with many friends. Fun evening!

IMG_9782.jpg

IMG_9774.jpg

Rear corner reflectors tinted dark - not quite black, but they disappear visually which was our intent, and yet still reflect

IMG_9866.JPG

Ready for paint correction, PPF and Opticoat

IMG_9809.jpg

Been having a helluva time uploading pics - but will take more once it's home in the next two days!

Stunning! I'm sure you'll love it, but how do you decide who gets to drive it home?

Dealer is providing enclosed transport as we don't want to drive it on treated roadways.

But if it could be driven - that would be hubby's thrill!

This one is more about him. I'm a mid-engine fan and while I'm certain I'll love the RS - it's a bit intimidating with all that weight by the rear axle! I'm excited to try it and I keep hearing about how easy it is to drive with the rear wheel steering. I know it will be VERY different from the GT4 and every other car I've tracked and driven extensively.

Its gonna be a long couple months until we can drive it! I'm looking forward to some laps in it once broken in. It won't be a primary track car but we agree: we MUST have some track time to experience the car closer to the limit. I say "closer" because it's all relative and I won't be anywhere near experiencing the car at its limit but on track I'll get closer than I would on the street.

Huge congrats Cake! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: Beautiful machine!
Thank you VCR!

Congrats Cake, finally home :icon_super:
Thanks Fortis - yes - finally home!!

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_9984.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

Congrats, Cake! I'm at the Porsche Wxperience center in LA as we speak and was reminded of your car.

Thank you! I've heard good things about the experience centers in LA and ATL. Have fun!!

One more:

IMG_2411.jpg