Incoming 991 GT3RS

cake

Reached 2000 miles this evening. Now the real fun begins. It will definitely go to the track. It begs to be driven fast, and I have to be very careful not to over-do on public roads. Speed climbs quickly and effortlessly, and it is planted and confidence inspiring. It does not like first gear or slow speeds (very similar to Lambo in that regard). PDK is lightning quick, super smooth and brilliant.

Stopped by the track and an impromptu photo shoot commenced (pro photographers were there for an event and asked to shoot the car). Looking forward to seeing their work.

Here are a couple of mine:

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the heads up. This was a 991 RS? Do you know if the brakes were PCCB or steel? I wonder if that makes a difference.

I have been reading a lot about these since we got the build slot in Oct. I'll have to search and see if I can find more info. That would be very concerning and scary if it happened!

OK some porsche driver drove this same car, hard. Verdict: it doesn't like overlapping brake with accel. No overlap, no problem. The guy that triggered the issue is very aggressive with his left foot braking.

Congrats and enjoy the car.

• 2 weeks later...
OK some porsche driver drove this same car, hard. Verdict: it doesn't like overlapping brake with accel. No overlap, no problem. The guy that triggered the issue is very aggressive with his left foot braking.

Congrats and enjoy the car.

Makes perfect sense.

I was at the Glen last weekend and we were discussing how to improve times. This guy was left foot braking in places like the Esses, while keeping his right foot on the throttle. It hadn't occurred to me but it's a great technique and can be quite effective in planting the car just enough, while keeping up momentum (another place is toe of the boot). BUT - many modern cars will cut power when the brake overlaps the throttle.

The only time I used this technique on track was several years ago in a Star Formula Mazda - and it was mostly because the footwell was so tiny I had no place to put my left foot and it was more comfortable to use it for braking. Normally I only right foot brake (on track and street).

i haven't tried this in the GT4 yet and probably will at my next track event (next weekend). Haven't tried in the RS either and I'm certain your comment explains the previous post.

Thanks very much! The car is finally broken in and we are enjoying it in the higher revs. It's fun although on the street it's very easy to go too fast and get in potential trouble. It's obviously meant for a track if you really want to exploit potential. Hope to get it there soon (but I'm loving the GT4 which is more suited to my risk level and ability to keep my foot in the throttle without completely scaring myself)!!!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice car, congrats. If it’s a little quiet, at a minimum get the side muffler delete or go all the way and get long tube headers.

Cake I think I accidentally copied you!
:icon_thumleft: SWEET!!! (of course I'm biased)

Sharkwerks is a great addition.

We did the TPC exhaust and are very happy with the sound.

Stock setup was too quiet, but we didn't want super-loud either. Now it has a really nice growl, and sounds "appropriate" to the car. And we can turn off sport exhaust if we want a little bit quieter (although not a huge difference).

Congrats and enjoy in good health!!

I am still in luv with the UV paint.

IMG_9766.jpg