Cost to Lower a Huracan

CPais

How much have you guys spent to lower your car?

It looks like I have to use the Novitec lowering kit and I found the parts at a great price but now I need to figure out what's the labor cost. I was reading another thread on here where it seemed like people were cutting their springs but that seems really crazy to me.

I have had 3 quotes that are all over the place. One is ridiculously low and I don't trust that they have ever done them before because the other 2 quotes are much higher.

What labor price should I expect to be around?

How much have you guys spent to lower your car?

It looks like I have to use the Novitec lowering kit and I found the parts at a great price but now I need to figure out what's the labor cost. I was reading another thread on here where it seemed like people were cutting their springs but that seems really crazy to me.

I have had 3 quotes that are all over the place. One is ridiculously low and I don't trust that they have ever done them before because the other 2 quotes are much higher.

What labor price should I expect to be around?

Including full wheel alignment I paid around 1500 all in.

Make sure you get their wheel spacers and find some

Skid plates while you are at it.

Check some of the pictures I posted in Kevin's blue lemans post.

Including full wheel alignment I paid around 1500 all in.

Make sure you get their wheel spacers and find some

Skid plates while you are at it.

Check some of the pictures I posted in Kevin's blue lemans post.

That included the price of the springs?

That included the price of the springs?

No. springs are about 1700 for the set. Two pairs of spacers

run $900

I checked and I paid 1200 for install and alignment.

It was the first time this particular dealer installing these

so I'm sure I paid a bit more for the learning curve.

For a grand total of $3800.00

most shops from what i've been gathering, sell the Novitec springs for about $1700. installation can vary depending on shop rates and their experience. quotes i've been getting have been near $1300-1500 as well. so PCJR is right on the money with his setup too.

most shops from what i've been gathering, sell the Novitec springs for about $1700. installation can vary depending on shop rates and their experience. quotes i've been getting have been near $1300-1500 as well. so PCJR is right on the money with his setup too.

OK, cools, these numbers are in line with what I thought. One shop told me $200-$300 for the install and that was way off from everyone else. Thanks for the help. I'm not taking it to that lower quoted shop, they obviously do not have the experience with this car.

• 4 weeks later...
where can I get a good deal on the springs?

Try Vivid Racing

:icon_thumleft:

Ask for Austin

He's great at follow up service and support.

Get the wheel spacers also if you plan to keep

either of the stock wheels on the car. Makes a

huge difference!

• 3 months later...
what is the price range?

If I remember correctly they were around 4-5k range? They have external reservoirs, fully adjustable

I would have to inquire about these. Just picked up an H and am looking into this.

Plus you can sell your mag suspension when people's OEM ones inevitably fail and cost $12k to replace. Just like the R8

If I remember correctly they were around 4-5k range? They have external reservoirs, fully adjustable

I would have to inquire about these. Just picked up an H and am looking into this.

Plus you can sell your mag suspension when people's OEM ones inevitably fail and cost $12k to replace. Just like the R8

Have any of the mag shocks on the Huracan been failing? The ones that have failed on the Gen. 1 R8's do not appear to be related to use or miles, so I would have expected there to be reports about Huracan shocks failing by now if they were faulty also.

Unless you are doing some hard core tracking, the Novitec (KW HAS system)

works great with the factory Magnetic suspension and it's a hell of a lot less money.

Have any of the mag shocks on the Huracan been failing? The ones that have failed on the Gen. 1 R8's do not appear to be related to use or miles, so I would have expected there to be reports about Huracan shocks failing by now if they were faulty also.

I have no idea, I'm just guessing being around R8s :) I'm probably making a wrong assumption

I pulled the mag out of my R8 asap and ended up selling them.

Got the JRZ RS Pro for R8 and love them.

There is a Huracan just recently done 580-2 Twin turbo on BBS LM that has the JRZ. Drop looks perfect

The Novitec HAS is about half price. We put those in my buddy's 458 and they are fine. Me personally I'd pay the extra 2-3k for full adjustment that works with oem nose lift

IMG_4914.jpeg

IMG_4909.jpeg

Also these external shock reservoirs are SICK...

Rebuild if needed are very inexpensive, I think under $200

IMG_2354.JPG

Just saw this.

JRZ RS Pro, slammed on BBS LM

580-2 Twin Turbo

I would lift it up a bit, but it's good to see what the suspension is capable of.

Also these external shock reservoirs are SICK...

Rebuild if needed are very inexpensive, I think under $200

The ones in the frunk look good. Zip tied to the cross brace in the engine bay not so much. I remember Kisco had a similar setup in his LP-560 and the install locations in the engine bay were slick. You can see the brackets used and location in his sale thread here. The original install thread is here and was done by Fabspeed.

The ones in the frunk look good. Zip tied to the cross brace in the engine bay not so much. I remember Kisco had a similar setup in his LP-560 and the install locations in the engine bay were slick. You can see the brackets used and location in his sale thread here. The original install thread is here and was done by Fabspeed.

Just saw it. That is a nice clean setup

WOW that is a lot of power for a TT G