WGF Ocala... Step inside!!

svoshop

..so the DP car owner never made an excuse about the clutch slipping...? and there is no clutch slipping problems from a car that just got upgraded at dallas performance that just was there for transmission shifting issues right after it was built the first time..? you sayin that DP didnt send someone to work on a car there in the atl metro..? they not stories... this is a small community.. complaints from the owner of the dallas performance lambo spreads fast..

No complaints here. There was a TCM issue that they didn't get to test because it rained the last week & a half & we were down to the wire (only for autoshift). I was also informed by DP the clutch was the weak link now with me wanting to keep the street clutch. The clutch wouldn't hold on Sat & we swapped the TCM on Sun & then turned it up to 1400 & ran the 211 & 210. They flew out a guy to help me & be there to make changes since we were out of time. Getting me a car to race, having someone there to support & setting a new best of 211 is win for me! They could of taken the easy road & told me the car wouldn't be ready but they went above & beyond to make it happen & they pulled it off.

I drove the car for the first time at the track Sat morning....LOL

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time out.... how many DP cars are in Atlanta???

Me, John and Jason with gallardos (that I personally know of), not sure about huracans

Hawks always helps me... so I'm helping him.

This is what he's really asking

😂😂

Your car is super fast for sure. We are just beginning the journey you have already taken. I remember when you were running170 in Ocala and I still thought your car was bad ass. You once stated at the bottom just like me. I just started out with a little more power than you did. I will work on my driving and dial my car in hoping to get to the magic 200 mark with a manual. Dusltin why did you sell your car again. I think you should buy another car it would be great to have another tt car in Atlanta. Don't care who built it. I love them all just support my personal favorite.

Your car is super fast for sure. We are just beginning the journey you have already taken. I remember when you were running170 in Ocala and I still thought your car was bad ass. You once stated at the bottom just like me. I just started out with a little more power than you did. I will work on my driving and dial my car in hoping to get to the magic 200 mark with a manual. Dusltin why did you sell your car again. I think you should buy another car it would be great to have another tt car in Atlanta. Don't care who built it. I love them all just support my personal favorite.

Enjoy the building. It's half the fun and excitement!

Ill be back for sure. Seems like all the GTRs disappeared around here and now we have a ton of TT lambos and vipers.

I haven't driven over the speed of like 45 in a year since I don't ever get on 400 anymore. I'll be back. I just got off probation for speeding, finished our basement and etc.

I'm gonna text Kevin and pull his line. "There is a r8 in your area"

Enjoy the building. It's half the fun and excitement!

Ill be back for sure. Seems like all the GTRs disappeared around here and now we have a ton of TT lambos and vipers.

I haven't driven over the speed of like 45 in a year since I don't ever get on 400 anymore. I'll be back. I just got off probation for speeding, finished our basement and etc.

I'm gonna text Kevin and pull his line. "There is a r8 in your area"

I would love to have more around. Dan talks high of you and I would love to see your R8 when ever it is done.

Thats funny because Jason ran 211 with a stage 3 + and I ran 190 with a 1200 6 speed manual. Both cars have a street clutch and drive like stock. We had a blast Taylor did a awesome job and now we have a few more atlanta guys sending there cars there for turbo kits. WIN WIN for us. This our first race with this setup and have the rest of the year to dial it in. I will never be the fastest but I had the time of my life and cant wait to do it again.

Congratulations, Your friend got the fastest DP "stage 3" (more like spec 1R) and you got the slowest stage 3 😂

Congratulations, Your friend got the fastest DP "stage 3" (more like spec 1R) and you got the slowest stage 3 😂

My car was a stage 3 & hitting the rev limiter in 6th & trapping 201 in half the very first weekend I had the car after the build :icon_super:

I wanted to go faster so we changed the gearing & ramped up the stage 3 with more boost. I dont even have the true RS1 package & hit 211 & 210 on Sunday which was impressive to me. I had a personal goal of hitting 210 & that happened, I couldn't be happier.

We could all poke fun of how fast cars ran & some didn't. I wont even point out I know of a few UR stage 3 cars that I never saw hit 200 or the new Hurican that didnt either but I am here to have fun. We never know the circumstance unless we know all of the facts. Could be driver, could be working out kinks, could be anything.....There is always competition which helps keep the sport growing & the ambition to go faster.

We were working with my car & had someone tell me Mikes car ran 222. Thats awesome & I would be excited for him not only because thats fast as hell but he got a record. Thats awesome & I congratulate him & UR for achieving that. It sets a goal for someone else to try & get just like everything else.

I couldnt be happier with DP & they have delivered exactly what they said every time & supported it! :headbang:

I think people are confusing the stages.

UGR stage 3 doesn't have any tranny work done and it's limited to factory speed of like 200-202.

DP stage 3 sounds like the cars have an aftermarket gear set which allows more power to be run.

Never been a fan of the stages. It's like a participation award and excuse. Run what you brung and hope it's enough.

Congats to Mike for the 6 speed record and to the guy in the viper. That's a ton of power in that viper. Looks like it doesn't even get going until half way down the half mile lol.

My car was a stage 3 & hitting the rev limiter in 6th & trapping 201 in half the very first weekend I had the car after the build :icon_super:

I wanted to go faster so we changed the gearing & ramped up the stage 3 with more boost. I dont even have the true RS1 package & hit 211 & 210 on Sunday which was impressive to me. I had a personal goal of hitting 210 & that happened, I couldn't be happier.

We could all poke fun of how fast cars ran & some didn't. I wont even point out I know of a few UR stage 3 cars that I never saw hit 200 or the new Hurican that didnt either but I am here to have fun. We never know the circumstance unless we know all of the facts. Could be driver, could be working out kinks, could be anything.....There is always competition which helps keep the sport growing & the ambition to go faster.

We were working with my car & had someone tell me Mikes car ran 222. Thats awesome & I would be excited for him not only because thats fast as hell but he got a record. Thats awesome & I congratulate him & UR for achieving that. It sets a goal for someone else to try & get just like everything else.

I couldnt be happier with DP & they have delivered exactly what they said every time & supported it! :headbang:

So you swapped transmission gears at the event? You pulled and built the transmission to allow for a higher top speed at the event ? Or you swapped tunes that allowed you to rev higher?

As for the "few" UGR stage 3 cars. There were 2 UGR cars there. The Huracan and me.

We did not have the Huracan over a pump fuel setting as the driver was just not ready. He managed to run a 190 as his best time. He was a super guy , just not a race car driver.

He was not even going to run until I talked him into it. Haha

Mike

1250 whp will not hit 200 mph in the 1/2 mile in the Gallardo or Huracan unless its down hill or with a huge tailwind in perfect conditions. You just have to turn them up to aprox 1350 to get it done, that is past the advertisement HP of the stage 3 @ 1250whp. So whatever you call the stage of any car is really irrelevant. I can take any stage 3 and turn it up past what the advertised HP spec is and guarantee that it will go over 200 in fair conditions.

This video below is a stage 3 turbo system on a totally stock engine which makes it a real stage 2 build aka bolton. It went 202 hitting the limiter. It was my personal car so I didn't mind chancing it by turning the boost up knowing I was going to build the engine anyway. I will also note that the stock engine was never damaged, even after a lot of 1/4 mile racing and street beatings. It was and still is the fastest OBD2 TRUE bolt on till this day of any Lamborghini. No OBD2 legal Huracan from anyone, even with a built engine has been as fast. That Huracan at the time still had the factory converters.

As far as this street clutch talk. We have been 217 mph with our street "level 2" Egear ceramic clutch and it works perfectly and its as smooth as stock. Two years later, the clutch is still in the car and used almost daily since. There is a lot more to these cars than just making power. Simply listen to the way our DCT cars shifts VS your tuners, there is plenty of video to compare this to. So lets not get into a conversation who has the best stage (whatever) build as our results are and always will be 2nd to none as to why I believe we build aprox 90% of the TT R8/Gallardo Market. thanks

1250 whp will not hit 200 mph in the 1/2 mile in the Gallardo or Huracan unless its down hill or with a huge tailwind in perfect conditions. You just have to turn them up to aprox 1350 to get it done, that is past the advertisement HP of the stage 3 @ 1250whp. So whatever you call the stage of any car is really irrelevant. I can take any stage 3 and turn it up past what the advertised HP spec is and guarantee that it will go over 200 in fair conditions.

This video below is a stage 3 turbo system on a totally stock engine which makes it a real stage 2 build aka bolton. It went 202 hitting the limiter. It was my personal car so I didn't mind chancing it by turning the boost up knowing I was going to build the engine anyway. I will also note that the stock engine was never damaged, even after a lot of 1/4 mile racing and street beatings. It was and still is the fastest OBD2 TRUE bolt on till this day of any Lamborghini. No OBD2 legal Huracan from anyone, even with a built engine has been as fast. That Huracan at the time still had the factory converters.

As far as this street clutch talk. We have been 217 mph with our street "level 2" Egear ceramic clutch and it works perfectly and its as smooth as stock. Two years later, the clutch is still in the car and used almost daily since. There is a lot more to these cars than just making power. Simply listen to the way our DCT cars shifts VS your tuners, there is plenty of video to compare this to. So lets not get into a conversation who has the best stage (whatever) build as our results are and always will be 2nd to none as to why I believe we build aprox 90% of the TT R8/Gallardo Market. thanks

You guys have the fast cars for sure. I love to see them run. Some of your customers like to attack us for choosing a different tuner. I ran 190 with a 6 speed manual on my first ever race with the car around 1200rwhp. I thought that was pretty good for a first time out. 200 is my goal but im taking small steps to learn the car as it is a manual instead of egear.

So you swapped transmission gears at the event? You pulled and built the transmission to allow for a higher top speed at the event ? Or you swapped tunes that allowed you to rev higher?

As for the "few" UGR stage 3 cars. There were 2 UGR cars there. The Huracan and me.

We did not have the Huracan over a pump fuel setting as the driver was just not ready. He managed to run a 190 as his best time. He was a super guy , just not a race car driver.

He was not even going to run until I talked him into it. Haha

Mike

He sent the car back after the september race to upgrade it. Im sure it will be back again soon for more. I know I will be after I dial in on my driving.

I think people are confusing the stages.

UGR stage 3 doesn't have any tranny work done and it's limited to factory speed of like 200-202.

DP stage 3 sounds like the cars have an aftermarket gear set which allows more power to be run.

Never been a fan of the stages. It's like a participation award and excuse. Run what you brung and hope it's enough.

Congats to Mike for the 6 speed record and to the guy in the viper. That's a ton of power in that viper. Looks like it doesn't even get going until half way down the half mile lol.

I had stock tranny with the stage 3 & now we changed the gearing & upped the power some.

My car was a stage 3 & hitting the rev limiter in 6th & trapping 201 in half the very first weekend I had the car after the build

I misread this. I thought you were saying it was hitting the limiter on Jan21, and not on Jan22. I stand corrected.

You guys have the fast cars for sure. I love to see them run. Some of your customers like to attack us for choosing a different tuner. I ran 190 with a 6 speed manual on my first ever race with the car around 1200rwhp. I thought that was pretty good for a first time out. 200 is my goal but im taking small steps to learn the car as it is a manual instead of egear.

Its actually goes both ways. My customers have been verbally attacked in person and in the past on other forums. You think some of my customers are just doing this out of no where? I know most of you bought those cars already built and haven't been around to see what has actually gone on. Trust me, its retaliation from my customers standpoint of what has gone on in the recent past.

Its actually goes both ways. My customers have been verbally attacked in person and in the past on other forums. You think some of my customers are just doing this out of no where? I know most of you bought those cars already built and haven't been around to see what has actually gone on. Trust me, its retaliation from my customers standpoint of what has gone on in the recent past.

Racing is racing but we all should get along and be friendly to each other on both sides. I bought this car done and than upgraded a few things I didint like. Hope to see you guys in May at GA so I can come say hi and shake your hand.

I had stock tranny with the stage 3 & now we changed the gearing & upped the power some.

Smart. Be proactive and not reactive when it comes to racing and breaking stuff.

I still don't care for the stages. Just show me the end result meaning how fast you went. That's all that matters.

Smart. Be proactive and not reactive when it comes to racing and breaking stuff.

I still don't care for the stages. Just show me the end result meaning how fast you went. That's all that matters.

The manual is going to be harder to get to run as fast with lower power levels. I just love it tho. I did drop gears just so when I do make more power it will not break.

Racing is racing but we all should get along and be friendly to each other on both sides. I bought this car done and than upgraded a few things I didint like. Hope to see you guys in May at GA so I can come say hi and shake your hand.

Agree and sounds good to me, wish the rest were like you. thanks

Just to do a recap.... Kevin's bolt on is faster than 99.99999% of the cars. That SOB went 200+ in the half on oem tires and 8s in the quarter with 888s.

Then went 217 at TI letting out....

Then 247 in the half mile....

That's just a huge kick in the nuts.

Good news is 2016 is over lol. 2017 is a new chance.

Just to do a recap.... Kevin's bolt on is faster than 99.99999% of the cars. That SOB went 200+ in the half on oem tires and 8s in the quarter with 888s.

Then went 217 at TI letting out....

Then 247 in the half mile....

That's just a huge kick in the nuts.

Good news is 2016 is over lol. 2017 is a new chance.

Maybe he has a factory freak, I remember back when, me and all my buddies had viper GTS's with identical mods , and some cars where faster and a good bit faster , made no sense at all lol , and it wasn't from being a bad driver either

I agree with everything John said, I just want to get along with everybody no beef no drama and enjoy these wonderful cars , we all have something special that most will never get to experience and John is a master mechanic that knows these cars very well and can work on them , he is someone you want to be friends with if your in the atlanta area thats for sure. Had a ton of fun last weekend even though I didn't bring my car, but I plan on going to the GA race and getting my feet wet, like I John I bought the car already built but I'm making some improvements with brakes and some safety items like a roll bar , not touching the HP level or trans gearing just yet, I'm going to get used to the car first just like I did with my ZR1. Hope to you see you guys around and shake hands also.