Illegally Imported Lamborghini

a007apl

Small minded bureaucratic f*cks get more value out of making an example of a "Rich" person on television than doing the right thing from a financial standpoint.

Very simply: How many hungry kids could be fed, or school books purchased, or battered wives housed with those funds.

Ignorance run amok. :eusa_wall:

This situation was that Murcielagos not legal in Taiwan (due to emissions regulations. Gallardo's and Avy's with the new V12 are considered okay). Taiwanese government orders it to be crushed instead of selling it off 😭😭 (would have made at least half a million USD off of it too accounting for Taiwanese taxes. Also, fake plates didn't help his situation if he kept the car on test plates and more low key (but how low key can you be with a Lambo).

They could of sold it off. But guess they wanted to use it as a "scare" tactic...

What a waste.

They could of sold it off. But guess they wanted to use it as a "scare" tactic...

What a waste.

Honestly, not all that different to me than what they are going to do with all these VW TDi cars in the US. When you turn them in, they punch a 3" bore hole through the block, they rip out the computers and emissions devices and then they go to the junk yard. Total waste of an asset.

It would've been a better PR exercise to auction off the car, and do something for the benefit of the community with the proceeds and then present it on TV. I'm guessing the decision to destroy the car was based on good old fashioned envy. What a waste.

What a fcuking waste so a few losers can get their kicks watching something they can't afford get destroyed. This is the bottom of human intelligence, actually any intelligence since even a single celled organism wouldn't destroy a perfectly good object for no reason. Like they said before... part it out then. fcuking idiots

What a fcuking waste so a few losers can get their kicks watching something they can't afford get destroyed. This is the bottom of human intelligence, actually any intelligence since even a single celled organism wouldn't destroy a perfectly good object for no reason. Like they said before... part it out then. fcuking idiots

:iamwithstupid:

It would've been a better PR exercise to auction off the car, and do something for the benefit of the community with the proceeds and then present it on TV. I'm guessing the decision to destroy the car was based on good old fashioned envy. What a waste.

No, it would've been better to make him re-export the car and give him a fine and/or prosecute him legally, I hate governments infringing upon people's rights of ownership, the guy owns the item if it dealt with it in an improper manner prosecute him but he OWNS the God damn item.

No, it would've been better to make him re-export the car and give him a fine and/or prosecute him legally, I hate governments infringing upon people's rights of ownership, the guy owns the item if it dealt with it in an improper manner prosecute him but he OWNS the God damn item.

You are the wisest Fortis. I have been reading your posts over the years and learned many invaluable value from them, you would make a great leader.

Like in British Columbia where they take your car for speeding 30 over and auction it off.. or how they proposed to take your phone if you are caught texting and driving. I agree with penalties but this "taking things away" harks back to daycare...

Yeah, asswipes...I could have used those side mirrors for backup supply. Maybe not that bad here in CA, but I think cars that don't pass smog eventually get crushed too. I had a Maserati Biturbo that was getting close to that death, but sold it to some collector out of state with no smog rules.

You are the wisest Fortis. I have been reading your posts over the years and learned many invaluable value from them, you would make a great leader.

Thank you, I like to be harsh but fair :icon_mrgreen:

+670

ciao

Well I was thinking in the context of confiscation. Obviously a fine would have been the better outcome.

Well I was thinking in the context of confiscation. Obviously a fine would have been the better outcome.

Wasn't having a go at you :icon_thumleft: