Aventador S unveiled

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo the SV is the best looking variant of the A and I think it'll remain that way until the replacement.

Agreed. An LP740 with an SV wing and paint scheme would look pretty awesome :eusa_dance:

*Paging Lambo Cars*

The biggest things that bother me is the side changes. The black piece that was on the side intake is now gone and looks so plain now and they got rid of the boomerang/triangle cooling duct whatever you wanna call it. It gave the car a a shape like an arrow even standing still. To me the car is just a mixed bag.

post-13156-1482189578.jpg

post-13156-1482189600_thumb.jpg

And yet, when it races a regular Avey it can barely beat it.

In a straight line yes..I would imagine around a track t would be a bit different.

In a straight line yes..I would imagine around a track t would be a bit different.

Even though the HP is increased the Torque is the same as the Aventador Coupe and roadster? 509lbs/ft Hp does not really help on the street unless your doing 100+ Fwiw, put me and the MRS down for NOT liking the new styling. Will be keeping my 2013 Roadster.

Even though the HP is increased the Torque is the same as the Aventador Coupe and roadster? 509lbs/ft Hp does not really help on the street unless your doing 100+ Fwiw, put me and the MRS down for NOT liking the new styling. Will be keeping my 2013 Roadster.

I assume the increase in HP is coming from increased RPM to 8500 since HP is calculated as torque x RPM divided by 5252.

Put me down in the "like it" column. To me it looks sleeker and more refined front to rear. The 130% increase in front downforce and the 4 wheel steering will be fun on the track I would think. Looking forward to first drive reviews here and elsewhere.

What do you guys think, this or spend the extra money for an SV? I'm leaning on the SV side because it is so raw and looks more aggressive.

SV would be a better investment.

What do you guys think, this or spend the extra money for an SV? I'm leaning on the SV side because it is so raw and looks more aggressive.

Neither.

These cars are not investment grade in any sense of the word. I am ride or die Lambo guy but they are not investment. Don't look at the pre Murci cars that were really limited. Over 6000 Aventadors have been made (or close to it) and they are so close that they will all depreciate. Now whether they may come back 15-20 years later when all cars are hybrid or some crazy reason then yes but not remotely in near future.

Also there is a 99.99% chance that there will be an SV version of the new generation as the most extreme farewell edition the same way we had the Diablo 6.0, the squadre corsa, LP670 etc. So if one was to invest in any Aventador it would be that second gen SV.

Neither.

These cars are not investment grade in any sense of the word. I am ride or die Lambo guy but they are not investment. Don't look at the pre Murci cars that were really limited. Over 6000 Aventadors have been made (or close to it) and they are so close that they will all depreciate. Now whether they may come back 15-20 years later when all cars are hybrid or some crazy reason then yes but not remotely in near future.

Also there is a 99.99% chance that there will be an SV version of the new generation as the most extreme farewell edition the same way we had the Diablo 6.0, the squadre corsa, LP670 etc. So if one was to invest in any Aventador it would be that second gen SV.

That's what I was really curious about if there would be an updated Aventador SV or another hardcore version. Wasn't really looking at it as in investment, i would probably keep it for 5 or so years.

SV would be a better investment.

I don't think this cars are for investment anymore. They can hardly keep its original value, maybe the SV or 50th anniversary will increase the value someday but in how many years? 10 years, maybe even more. However the SV is 10 times better looking than this Aventador S imo, and indeed the SV has more potential to at least keep its value in the next few years, the Aventador S will decrease its own value soon after you purchase one, like any other non-"limited" car. IMO

The biggest things that bother me is the side changes. The black piece that was on the side intake is now gone and looks so plain now and they got rid of the boomerang/triangle cooling duct whatever you wanna call it. It gave the car a a shape like an arrow even standing still. To me the car is just a mixed bag.

:iamwithstupid:

Based off this I'm now a whole lot more excited for the Hurcan Performante

That will be the car to own paired up with a SV for the additional drama :icon_mrgreen:

LOVE THIS!!!

Fantastic how they have given the rear wheel arch same funky non-round design as the Countach, Diablo & Murcielago.

The rear wheel steering will transform the car; simply read any and every review of those who drove the Centenario on track.

I love the front design! Much better than the whale fish big openings on the original Aventador. 50th still looks the best of all Aventador though, front and rear.

Not so sure of the rear, although looks better lower and wider when viewed from behind.

Shame they didn't manage to fit the Centenario middle entertainment screen in.

Aventador design is simply fantastic, one of the best ever: it's not easy to upgrade a so fantastic looking car.

But every time they succed to do it: congrats to the Lambo designers

ciao

Yes, I was talking strictly street as 99% of these cars will never see the track.

I see Lambo is taking the iPhone 6 -> iPhone 6s approach.

Either way, it looks good. Put them side by side with the old/new and it looks more refined/newer.

from the side of the car I think the things they smoothed out almost make it look more a like a first gen, not a second gen. Almost like starting with an 89 countach and finishing with a periscopa. I do like the intake change.