Aventador S unveiled

I really love so many things on the car but I just cant get over the fact that they literally fcuking copied the Bentley front bumper with those stupid catfish looking things. It blows my mind that they used no originality and literally copied and pasted it on to the Aventador S.

2016_bentley_continental_gt_v8_s_17_1920x1080.jpg

I'm sorry but that's just harsh and simplifying car designing.

I can't believe they copied a VW Polo; it has 4 wheels and a steering wheel!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but that's just harsh and simplifying car designing.

I can't believe they copied a VW Polo; it has 4 wheels and a steering wheel!

You cant be joking lol. Are you comparing 4 wheels and a steering wheel to essentially copying the front bumper of another of your fleets down to the catfish look ? This is not a coincidence. It literally is a 100% copy stretched to fit the Aventador S. The worst part is that it looks good on the Bentley but not so much on the Aventador and miraculously it is one of the most criticized parts of the looks of the car by majority of people that dont like it. The rear of the car looks fantastic, the technological stuff all thumbs up btw.

Not seeing it. Yes they both have a part of the bumper that comes down, but that's where the resemblance ends

:iamwithstupid: and they're both yellow! Goddamit Lambo wtff!!

Not seeing it. Yes they both have a part of the bumper that comes down, but that's where the resemblance ends

:iamwithstupid:

They are completely different.

:iamwithstupid:

I really love so many things on the car but I just cant get over the fact that they literally fcuking copied the Bentley front bumper with those stupid catfish looking things. It blows my mind that they used no originality and literally copied and pasted it on to the Aventador S.

2016_bentley_continental_gt_v8_s_17_1920x1080.jpg

I can kind of see where you are going with that but not as extreme.

It has certain design swishes that fall inline with Audi model facelifts. It is very much a corporate revision which is the price you pay for having a sugar daddy.

I think the important thing with this updated car is what is under the skin. To keep on redeveloping a big v12 is a costly affair so adding the wheel steer tech is no small feat. Plus the Aventador is actually ageing better than I thought it would.

What would have been good to see would be adding a spoiler option.

The Aventador S looks better in other colors, I like the styling but that front bumper still doesn't do it for me. Perhaps I need to see it in the metal to better judge it.

As for the Bentley that mustache they put on it's front looks weird. I prefer the previous iteration.

Well 5-6 years with a car called an aventador or in this platform. I hate to say this but...I was looking for a new 12 cyl car not called an aventador and totally different ... since 2012 I purchased 4 and drove the shyt out of these iconic cars.

anyway, I just didn't think 10 years would be the run ... I already budgeted a "Aventador replacement... and a Roadster in a year" but hey...

I guess I will just give more love and attention to my SV and enjoy her more through 2017 and on as the Aventador S is so amazing but its not worth it for me to sell my SV which is only 7 months old... I only have 18,000 miles on it...

this one I will run to 60,000 miles and keep forever.

by the way ... the SV exhause... did I mention the factory upgrade increased all aspects of my driving experience.

can anyone confirm... new AV replacement (*totally new) not due till 2022!! that kinda sucks and what happened to the 4500 figure ... I mean 4500 cars passed we are at 6000. I did a flash card test withy Concubine and her hot sister and the results are in:

"after questioning 2 big breasted blonde gold digging sex crazed chicks .... showing them pictures of the Aventador; the Aventador S and the Aventador SV ... they say: "one has a wing" and yep. that's the only difference the average chick sees. now for car show guys there are differences but that ends with .... the SV has more horsepower. as for true drivers... there is the 4 wheel steering thing. I will need another 12 cyl soon but fior now the SV is what I keep (its my second and after 37000 miles in SV's I love them and I am not interested in being more combfortable

Agree with Salamone...Lamborghini needs to cut down the 10 year production cycle.

Meanwhile, Ferrari pumps out a major new car every 5 years it seems, not just a face lift.

Whilst I agree the 10 year cycle in this day and age is lengthy how would they pay for the r&d on the new product? Then the testing etc.

Lambo themself would probably like to offer a 7 year cycle but the money is not there, the v12 market is not massive.

The benefit though is they can do soft updates and product refinement rather than a drains up rebuild. Easier cheaper process to hone a product.

Sad reality is that they as a company do not defecate cash.

Whilst I agree the 10 year cycle in this day and age is lengthy how would they pay for the r&d on the new product? Then the testing etc.

Lambo themself would probably like to offer a 7 year cycle but the money is not there, the v12 market is not massive.

The benefit though is they can do soft updates and product refinement rather than a drains up rebuild. Easier cheaper process to hone a product.

Sad reality is that they as a company do not defecate cash.

Ferrari owners don't drive like we do and a smart man once said to me ... "you lambo guys are low hanging fruit" you will buy the new thing just because .. so when presenting a new car with new tech ... from what I can see .. change the style and I will buy it and buy the Roadster 😆 If the aventador s looked more insane than my SV I would have one already ordered and I would be planning to Chrome it and put naked girls on it then rally ... is it that hard to put a huge ass veneno style body panel and dorsal fin thing on a car? Oh well maybe the gen public likes cleaner lines or simplified cars. My frustration lies only in that I will not modify my factory cars ... yeah yeah Vinyl wrap .. you know that just protects paint I don't add wings or screw with wind tunnel tested well engineered cars ..... but help me out .. and what happened to the numbers on these 6000 made) I just love the aventador .. it's my car.. 150k on 4 of them .. it changed me. I am 💯 1000% loyal yet

I need the average person to know I bought the new new when I'm dropping 1/2 mil. 2012 lp400 2014 Roadster 2016 SV and 2016 SV Roadster ... another 5 years of Aventador's ( I WILL buy at least 2-3 Aventador's more before 2022 but I want them to LOOK differentl)

Ferrari owners don't drive like we do and a smart man once said to me ... "you lambo guys are low hanging fruit" you will buy the new thing just because .. so when presenting a new car with new tech ... from what I can see .. change the style and I will buy it and buy the Roadster 😆 If the aventador s looked more insane than my SV I would have one already ordered and I would be planning to Chrome it and put naked girls on it then rally ... is it that hard to put a huge ass veneno style body panel and dorsal fin thing on a car? Oh well maybe the gen public likes cleaner lines or simplified cars. My frustration lies only in that I will not modify my factory cars ... yeah yeah Vinyl wrap .. you know that just protects paint I don't add wings or screw with wind tunnel tested well engineered cars ..... but help me out .. and what happened to the numbers on these 6000 made) I just love the aventador .. it's my car.. 150k on 4 of them .. it changed me. I am 💯 1000% loyal yet

I need the average person to know I bought the new new when I'm dropping 1/2 mil. 2012 lp400 2014 Roadster 2016 SV and 2016 SV Roadster ... another 5 years of Aventador's ( I WILL buy at least 2-3 Aventador's more before 2022 but I want them to LOOK differentl)

On a side note, loving your fb posts :icon_super:

Previous Lamborghini boss Stephan Winkelmann told CarAdvice more than once that the Italian manufacturer ‘would have to consider turbo charging in the future’, but it seems new boss Stefano Domenicali is a little less enthusiastic for the end of Lamborghini’s long line of high-revving, naturally aspirated V12 engines.

“Our position in the [Volkswagen] group must be different, and a naturally aspirated V12 engine is part of that difference,” Domenicali said at the launch of the Aventador S in Spain.

“I don’t think we will be left behind at all by not adopting turbo charging. There is space for us to be different.”

Domenicali is obviously keen to emphasise Lamborghini is looking at the future and what it holds, but isn’t ready yet to turn its back on a history that dates back to the very first V12 Lamborghini engine from 1963.

“We look at new models, of course, but Aventador – or that high-level super sports car – will remain a very, very specific car,” Domenicali said.

“It is totally different, because it remains our reference point for being Lamborghini. Our position within the group must be different from the others and the more we go to electrification, for example, the more the cars will be the same.”

While Lamborghini design and style is undoubtedly unique, it is also important for the super sportscar manufacturer to stay true to that philosophy across the board. “It is important for us to stay different in terms of style and technology yes,” Domenicali said. “Our aim is to be the stimulator, to see our niche and to see how we can stay unique.”

He concedes, however, that electrification is in the company’s future.

Nonetheless, it only takes a short drive on track to remind us why a high-revving, naturally aspirated engine is such an intoxicating experience, and Domenicali knows that it is a crucial part of Lamborghini’s DNA.

“I think that the V12 is still alive, to be extended, because it is such an important part of our tradition and heritage. The future of the V12 is still important,” Domenicali said.

“Emissions are important of course, and our goal is always to improve the efficiency of the engine, but with our numbers we don’t see realistic issues in the short term.”

Lamborghini fans around the world were quick to worry when great rival Ferrari went all turbo, but it seems those fears are unfounded – for the medium term at least.

“We want to be different, we don’t want to follow the route of the others,” Domenicali said. “We are puristic in that respect. The top priority for us is to retain the feel from a naturally aspirated engine.

“The Aventador has more than five or six more years to run and the next platform also has a V12 at the centre of the project.”

Pushed on the span of the Aventador as we know it now, Domenicali is adamant it has plenty of life left in it yet.

“There is still space for us to extend the life of this iconic car for us,” he said. “We know that one element we can’t ignore is the speed with which we are on the market with the right product. This is the right answer for the future of the Aventador.”

http://www.caradvice.com.au/516255/theres-...etain-12-count/

Smart man on the NA but to stretch the Aventador platform so far is frustrating, I had a bet going on in here many moons ago about the 4000 pieces production run which was obviously BS along with the life of the model which from memory I was told at the time that it was 2020 with a facelift somewhere in between, IMO that's stretching it, the markets move so fast, what carries this car is the NA V12, if they drop that they will be in trouble.

I know how they want to keep it alive, I know how they will get a DCT in there, if the thing I know will end up being fact many here will FLIP, they will not like it. Unfortunately I can not discuss it, I am still hoping it's not true, I guess we will just have to wait and see.