Aventador S unveiled

Agree with Salamone...Lamborghini needs to cut down the 10 year production cycle.

Meanwhile, Ferrari pumps out a major new car every 5 years it seems, not just a face lift.

And it seems McLaren is even faster with their upgraded models.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way will Lambo stay competitive in the market without going FI.. The new Mac 720 is going to clean its clock, just not visually. The thought of a factory TT Aventador makes me wanna fap.

Keeping in mind the Aventador S is the 'mid-life' facelift of the V12 flagship, public unveil at the Geneva Motor Show in March ... let's say they are quick with the Aventador S Roadster and unveil that one later this year too, we are bound to be seeing at least 3 years of production on the 'S' ... so that's until 2020 already.

The Huracan Performante Coupé will be shown this year, that's another important model for Lamborghini, while 2018 will give us the production version of the Urus and most likely the Huracan Performante Spyder ... by 2018 I'm guessing all of the 40 Centenario have been built too, so time for another special, limited edition, high priced V12 model using the Aventador chassis for 2019.

Most likely there will be another, more powerful version of the Aventador in the future, something like an 800hp Aventador GT or LM, the current V12 engine can easily make 800hp without turbocharging I've been told, that could be shown to VIP in late 2019 and in Geneva in 2020 as a limited production model ... 250 units Coupé and 250 Roadster perhaps ... this would keep an Aventador at the factory until the Summer of 2020 after which the factory closes anyway and the assembly line can be converted for the successor ...

All this could have the Aventador on the assembly line from 2011 right up to 2020 if you ask me ... with a real successor/replacement shown in 2021 at the earliest, but this easily be 2022 too

And yet, when it races a regular Avey it can barely beat it.

Drag races are unbelievably dumb to compare cars imo. The SV has the same engine, same clutch and only has 40hp more so I wouldn't expect much difference on a drag race. On track the SV cut 26 seconds off the LP700-4 at the Nuremberg and it was only 2.7 seconds slower than the Porsche 918, that's impressive, and that's a track with a few long straights where the LP700-4 should kind of hold against the SV. I cannot imagine other tracks that are more technical with less long straights

Drag races are unbelievably dumb to compare cars imo. The SV has the same engine, same clutch and only has 40hp more so I wouldn't expect much difference on a drag race. On track the SV cut 26 seconds off the LP700-4 at the Nuremberg and it was only 2.7 seconds slower than the Porsche 918, that's impressive, and that's a track with a few long straights where the LP700-4 should kind of hold against the SV. I cannot imagine other tracks that are more technical with less long straights

26 seconds is a lot.

Was it under the same conditions, same driver?

Smart man on the NA but to stretch the Aventador platform so far is frustrating, I had a bet going on in here many moons ago about the 4000 pieces production run which was obviously BS along with the life of the model which from memory I was told at the time that it was 2020 with a facelift somewhere in between, IMO that's stretching it, the markets move so fast, what carries this car is the NA V12, if they drop that they will be in trouble.

I know how they want to keep it alive, I know how they will get a DCT in there, if the thing I know will end up being fact many here will FLIP, they will not like it. Unfortunately I can not discuss it, I am still hoping it's not true, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Ferrari stretch it's platforms too? As far as I know 360/430 were built on the same platform, albeit modified for the 430, 458/488 same situation. They get 2 model cycles out of a platform. They develop one and tweak it for the next model. Only difference is, Lambo "facelifts" versus Ferrari which does a redesign based on the same underpinnings and markets it as a new car. Bentley does it too, current CGT still runs on the same platform the 2003 one did. That's 14 years out of a platform, keeping it relevant this long is truly impressive.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Ferrari stretch it's platforms too? As far as I know 360/430 were built on the same platform, albeit modified for the 430, 458/488 same situation. They get 2 model cycles out of a platform. They develop one and tweak it for the next model. Only difference is, Lambo "facelifts" versus Ferrari which does a redesign based on the same underpinnings and markets it as a new car. Bentley does it too, current CGT still runs on the same platform the 2003 one did. That's 14 years out of a platform, keeping it relevant this long is truly impressive.

Sorry I shouldn't have said platforms, I don't have any issues with them reusing the same platform, providing that they will tweak it and improve it, I have issues with 10 years life span of a model with minor facelifts in between, other car companies come up with complete new designs at least every 5 years, granted McLaren does them weekly but that's a story for another day haha.

The world is moving at a very fast pace, 3 to 5 years should be the max life of a model.

Now I need to see that house, any photos?

that was from our super bowl party sunday night! double has plenty of pics of the house, maybe he will post. ill ask