I went domestic ;)

alpha6164

So I have gotten the car itch for a while and was dead set that I was going to get an Aventador Roadster. But after thinking and speaking to many that are experts in the subject matter including it's apparent that the car will continue to depreciate down in the low $200ks in 2-3 years. Specially with the S version being announced and in production for another 3 years. The word is that actually the Aventador will end up cheaper than Lp640s the same way a Countach is more expensive than a Diablo and how Diablos are bringing more money than Murcis. It's all supply and demand and only 4099 Murcis were made where as already we have over 6000 Aventadors that have been sold and another 2000-3000 of the S will be made. So the future values of Aventadors are not strong. I will own one eventually but most likely the SV version on its farewell production.

The focus then turned to either e Carrera GT or Ford GT. So was going to get a Carrera GT but been looking for a a couple Of months and every single one has a story. Be it accident, lack of service, or needing work or asking astronicnal prices. And I thought spending $8k for a clutch job on a Murci was bad but when I heard clutch is $35k and just major service (which is not much) is $20k I was like fcuk no. Shit makes the Lambo service "cheap" lol .

So the general consensus was that I just need to get a Ford GT and people in the know all said to make sure to get a stripe delete car that has the other three options BBS wheels, McIntosh stereo and color calipers. So after lots of search I pulled a trigger on this one owner car with 4K miles, 100% stock, stripe delete with all other options. The car looks like it just came off factory floor.

What makes this car unique and rare is one of 3 red stripe delete cars with silver options calipers. The owner has every record including pictures when the car was delivered off the truck, both window stickers, car cover, keys and a 3 ring binder with every record. I honestly am so excited cause this will be my first domestic super car and one that will def not depreciate and only go up.

I can't wait to have her parked in the drive way next to the Bentley, 6.0 and LP640.

I need ideas for a vanity plate. Please help !

post-13156-1482866336_thumb.jpg

post-13156-1482866354_thumb.jpg

post-13156-1482866368_thumb.jpg

post-13156-1482866379_thumb.jpg

post-13156-1482866389_thumb.jpg

post-13156-1482866400_thumb.jpg

post-13156-1482866410_thumb.jpg

Fantastic cars..but learn it prior to jumping on it. No traction control and they easily can come around on you.

Great investment vehicle IMO as well.

Fantastic cars..but learn it prior to jumping on it. No traction control and they easily can come around on you.

Thanks Roy.

Absolutely, Having owned an 1000whp supra, i know a twitchy car well. The word is that the F1 Eagle tires such major hair goat balls on these cars, so I will definitely be upgrading the tires to most likely the Bridgestone Potenza Scuderias which a lot of the FGT owners upgrade to due to the odd size.

Congrats! I fuking love FGTs.

The word is that the F1 Eagle tires such major hair goat balls on these cars, so I will definitely be upgrading the tires to most likely the Bridgestone Potenza Scuderias which a lot of the FGT owners upgrade to due to the odd size.

Consider R888 if you can drop to a 30 series sidewall.

Congrats! I fuking love FGTs.

Consider R888 if you can drop to a 30 series sidewall.

I looked and Toyo just doesnt make a tire that would even come close. Ends up being too short. Stock tires are 28.9" tall on a 19" wheel on the rear. Stock they come 315/40/19. The Potenza RE0550a Scuderias come in 345/35/19 which would make them 28.5" which makes it only 0.4" shorter and 1%. I havent seen anything else that comes close

Can def vouch for this. Only car where I've had some real 'oh shit' moments. The tires have great grip until they don't lol. You will probably want to do a pulley/tune on it. It transforms it to a whole a new car. On my old one I had pulley, tune, accufab x-pipe, and ford racing headers. Car was a beast.

Congrats! Beast of a car that sounds like thunder!

I echo the words of warning - I had the car out in the winter and going about 15 mph around a bend and the rear stepped out without warning!

I liked mine when it worked (had a lemon)!

oh yea... congrats! :)

Heffner Pulley, Tune and cat back exhaust and you have a monster, 650 rwhp... :)

go for the scuderia tires, I need a new set of rears on mine as well, took it out the other day and it was spinning through 2nd which is 90 MPH....

oh yea... congrats! :)

Heffner Pulley, Tune and cat back exhaust and you have a monster, 650 rwhp... :)

go for the scuderia tires, I need a new set of rears on mine as well, took it out the other day and it was spinning through 2nd which is 90 MPH....

Agree ^^

Might consider deleting the rear bumper.. really enhances the profile.

When you get used to the handling or want to keep up in the twisties with the current supercar set, look at Alman's Ohlins coilovers.. they revolutionize the handling. http://www.ahlmaneng.com/products

Enjoy it - everyone loves the FGT

rawAZB_0454_31024.jpg

Super primal car between the noise, interior, power delivery.

5 years from now when the dust settles on the new FGT, I'm willing to bet this older one will still be more desirable.