new Mclaren introduced March 7, 2017

SV-N-IT

Which is a load of shit. Both on trofeo R, the performante has it's work cut out for it. On the track videos of this car at vallelunga, the aero grip is almost visible with the crazy 120 mph sweeper corner speed

ALA is shit but you can see the aero on the Skeletor, cool story Bro.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if the 720 was faster I'm sure McLaren would have proven that at the ring already. if so they would sell out in yr 1 IMO

seems like common sense to me.

I'm sure the 720 is a beast, but they should have stepped it up in the looks dept.

Well, the 720S is sold out for the year, 1300-1400 cars pre-sold. From my own speculation, I think the Huracan Performante will be faster on tracks overall, with maybe some exceptions. I think most track records will go to it. The 720S will be the king in the straight line matching or even surpassing the likes of the Hybrid 3 without a doubt.

Still both cars will be untouchable until the next wave of Supercars comes. There is however something else that Huracan Performate has over the 720S, it is the reliability. Again, this is an observation of mine from the reviews, McLaren delivered poor press cars. Multiple reports of doors not closing properly, infotainment being slow or not working properly and plenty of lights on the dash coming on. There were more minor issues, but hopefully McLaren doesn`t rush out the production version, like it did with the press cars.

Well, the 720S is sold out for the year, 1300-1400 cars pre-sold.

Its definitely not sold out, well not here anyway (UK), dealers are trying to unload there allocation which they have to take on to independents already, just a matter of time before discounts imo.

I strongly suspect it will absolutely tank money, which is a bit of a shame really as its nice to know what you are buying into and terrible for the brand.

Its definitely not sold out, well not here anyway (UK), dealers are trying to unload there allocation which they have to take on to independents already, just a matter of time before discounts imo.

I strongly suspect it will absolutely tank money, which is a bit of a shame really as its nice to know what you are buying into and terrible for the brand.

I bet the following year they will change the front end like they did with 12c to 650s to try and spike sales. we will see

I want a McLaren but one of my friends can not give away his 650S so he decided to keep it and another one gave away his and he's still crying about how much he burnt LOL.

Best value for money is the Huracan hands down, reliable, looks better than the competition, cheaper than the competition and has that crazy screaming NA V10.

The 720S is most definitely not sold out. Lots of people I know are being offered launch cars.

They said the exact same shit with the MP4. Actually, it was much worse. They claimed it was sold out for the next 3 years when it launched. We all know how that worked out.

ALA is shit but you can see the aero on the Skeletor, cool story Bro.

It's not a lot of downforce on the 720S. Mostly cooling and drag reduction. 760LT will be where it's at

200 kg at 150 mph is only 1/3 of the P1

It's not a lot of downforce on the 720S. Mostly cooling and drag reduction. 760LT will be where it's at

200 kg at 150 mph is only 1/3 of the P1

Exotics aren't really about a bunch of stats, they are mostly about emotions, unfortunately so far most reviewers are finding the 720 boring.

I am looking forward to the LT version they will hopefully be able to dial in a bit more excitement.

Most reviewers being YouTubers? All the press so far is massively positive. This car is meant to be an all rounder (drive all the way across Europe and them drive at Spa). Any of these cars you can't really bring them to full potential outside of a track.

Amazing how dated the 12c looks. Could have been released 16 years ago.

No worse than an early Gallardo, IMHO. I kinda like the 12C for being a bit understated and not cartoonish looking.

I can't get behind most of the McLaren design language.

I bet the following year they will change the front end like they did with 12c to 650s to try and spike sales. we will see

This.

Also, issues with doors closing (soft closing not working right) and the infotainment crashing on the review launch cars. Oh Mclaren don't you change...

I hope they do. Saw it last weekend at a launch event and the front end is FUGLY :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

The rear is really cool, the interior is a hue improvement, but in McLaren fashion the front is just plain hideous :puke:

post-8919-1495332255_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1495332262_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1495332269_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1495332275_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1495332285_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1495332292_thumb.jpg

First track test by Autocar, 0.7 seconds faster than the P1 while only on pirelli Corsa tires on a 1 minute 6 second course. Shorter braking distance than the P1 and only a second slower to 190 mph than the P1. This car is ridiculous. On trofeo R, I can't imagine anything in this segment being close. That's two seconds a lap faster than a 488GTB on a 1 minute course...

cant seem to get past that front end which you can see from the side profile also :(

but I know performance wise the car will be insanity!

P1LM just set the nurburgring record on trofeo R tires at 6:43. Not the cleanest of laps by Kenny, but good enough. Not that nurburgring times mean anything anyways

Maybe if the headlight sockets were painted body color it would take the depth out of them. Mac's are performers but they sure aren't lookers.

My absolute favorite McLaren is the P1 GTR/LM and I would LOVE to have one but you'd have to have rocks in your head to call that a street car, its phenomenal that they converted a few but the party stopped at a hand full :(

• 1 month later...
Maybe if the headlight sockets were painted body color it would take the depth out of them. Mac's are performers but they sure aren't lookers.

:iamwithstupid: not crazy about the look of the 720, but it goes like a bat out of hell!

:iamwithstupid: not crazy about the look of the 720, but it goes like a bat out of hell!

Unfortunately as per usual it's getting mixed reviews, extremely fast but soulless, for me looks are questionable, it looks great in some colors and quite terrible in others, I am yet to see one in person so I will reserve final judgment, the other thing to factor in is the massive depreciation, I am keeping an eye on McLaren because I wouldn't mind owning one but they aren't there yet for me, few more years perhaps.

I would be curious what would most chose, 720 or the 488.