new Mclaren introduced March 7, 2017

SV-N-IT

Lightweight rwd mid engine car with a laggy powerful v8 twin turbo with raw, exciting feel on both road and track without needing to resort to excessively quick steering. Which car am I describing here?

One is a fast laptop and the other isn't. Which car am I describing here ?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

please don't kid yourself, one is raw and uncompromising the other one is designed to artificially try to achieve that.

I've seen a lot of your posts they are VERY similar with a member's who was banned from LP before, you know the guy who did the aerodynamics on the 918? :icon_mrgreen: His screen name escapes me :eusa_think:

They all have the vibe of "Trust me I am a doctor!" without giving any information as to why and how you came about said information, you aren't talking about any cars you might own, ones you personally had experience with, interesting!

The LT is special, however good the new P14 will be. It's like a modern Ferrari F40. It will still be lighter than the P14, so it's unlikely that the P14 can have the same feel of rawness. It will be akin to the 488 following the speciale (with a bit more of a technology jump).

I don't think so. If you drove them back to back I don't know if you'd find any similarities other than they're both cars.

• 2 weeks later...
When they introduce the hybrid variants on this chassis, it will be very interesting. Battery/electric tech is moving so fast, they soon will have very minimal weight impact.

Very minimal weight impact? You are totally wrong. Lithium is not heavy, I know my summer daily has 1,92kg weight battery. But large batteries still weight a lot, casing them safely weights a ton, cabling weights a ton and adding motors and other control electronics and connections weight also lot. You cant have any notable effect without heavy weight penalty, at least not in car that has already 700hp from ice.

Just program antilag to ecu, it adds zero weight and tadaa, you have instant mix torque at any revs.

Very minimal weight impact? You are totally wrong. Lithium is not heavy, I know my summer daily has 1,92kg weight battery. But large batteries still weight a lot, casing them safely weights a ton, cabling weights a ton and adding motors and other control electronics and connections weight also lot.

:iamwithstupid:

It's relatively easy to make light batteries. Reliability and safety are the challenges. Batteries need to be encased and protected to meet safety regulations . That and all the cables and caps are the hefty items.

Will be able to tell you more after seeing it next week

I was invited to the NY showing, but declined. with all of Lambo's new tech coming out I'm sticking with the performante instead. but I'm sure McLaren will hit a home run with this car. I'm still a fan :icon_thumleft:

please let us know your thoughts after the showing!

From the rendering, the front looks sinister, but the back could use more aggression. I bet the hardcore version of this model will satisfy this similar to what the Huracan underwent with the Superleggera spy shots.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to seeing this in Geneva.