new Mclaren introduced March 7, 2017

SV-N-IT

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For sure? With a 570S roof and no door opening in the roof?

We've already seen this from the spy shots months ago. The bits that haven't been revealed are the rear diffuser, side skirts and area under the exhausts.

Should look quite a bit more aggressive with the wing up, as well

A lot that have seen it say that does not do it justice.

I get the feeling that if you have been critical of mclaren in the past then you will not enjoy this car.

:lol2:

Have they lost their mind?

I want to see better photos, that looks shockingly out of proportion, maybe it's just the way it was photographed.

Camera lens distortion. The proportions do not look like that, the rear fender haunch is significantly higher than the front fender, that cannot be distinguished here.

Interesting to me is the side of the car resembling the 1995/96 F1 GTR

Camera lens distortion. The proportions do not look like that, the rear fender haunch is significantly higher than the front fender, that cannot be distinguished here.

Interesting to me is the side of the car resembling the 1995/96 F1 GTR

Have you seen the car in real life?

Have you seen the car in real life?

Have not unfortunately. I always get the feel that these McLaren's have to be seen in person. Something about looking at the car from a higher vantage point and in the light to get proper reflections. The 12C front end looked soft to me. I have no worries about that with this car. Only question is the rear end and general proportions. The statement about proportions were based on what we've seen from spy shots.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.motor1.com/n...ule-photos/amp/

It was pointed out in another thread that the badge says 720S on the front wheel exit, confirming the rumor info we heard before.

What a crazy world we live in where a supercar makes as much power as a Huayra

I still can`t believe the same designer who designed this car, designed the front of it. For me it is ewww type of ugly. The 650S had an acceptable front, maybe too close to P1`s, but this... I get that they were still going for the "Mclaren logo" theme for the headlights (as you saw from the side of that Instagram shot), but it ruins the car when you are looking straight up from the front. Especially it makes the car have this "pointy" looking nose lol.

The side isn`t as dull as you have seen. It has this intake/vent down, behind the door. It also has a cool area behind that small window which goes into the engine.

The rear is where its at, in my opinion way better looking than the 650`s, maybe even 675`s. Its a better execution of the 570S`s rear design with details from the 675LT.

Speaking of which, the interior is also a mile forward from the 650S and it has an outstanding visibility, maybe the best of any current supercar/super sportscar. It is also a lot more spacious in terms of storage. I could see this becoming a great daily Super.

Options are quite nice and the performance is (according to Mclaren)...

you will see for yourself soon, once they come officially.

Oh, one more thing. The spoiler is similar to the Aventador`s, at least that`s how it looked to me in the showcase. It goes higher up than the one on 650S.

That`s it from my perspective, before I spoil everything.

I still can`t believe the same designer who designed this car, designed the front of it. For me it is ewww type of ugly. The 650S had an acceptable front, maybe too close to P1`s, but this... I get that they were still going for the "Mclaren logo" theme for the headlights (as you saw from the side of that Instagram shot), but it ruins the car when you are looking straight up from the front. Especially it makes the car have this "pointy" looking nose lol.

The side isn`t as dull as you have seen. It has this intake/vent down, behind the door. It also has a cool area behind that small window which goes into the engine.

The rear is where its at, in my opinion way better looking than the 650`s, maybe even 675`s. Its a better execution of the 570S`s rear design with details from the 675LT.

Speaking of which, the interior is also a mile forward from the 650S and it has an outstanding visibility, maybe the best of any current supercar/super sportscar. It is also a lot more spacious in terms of storage. I could see this becoming a great daily Super.

Options are quite nice and the performance is (according to Mclaren)...

you will see for yourself soon, once they come officially.

Oh, one more thing. The spoiler is similar to the Aventador`s, at least that`s how it looked to me in the showcase. It goes higher up than the one on 650S.

That`s it from my perspective, before I spoil everything.

is it nicer than the 675 and P1? or close?

c3k05edxaaedp4i.jpg

The fisheye in that pic ruins everything. I'm sure the car looks awesome but the lines are all screwed up by the distortion

I cannot believe how they ruined this car :( im sure the performance is insane but it looks horrible.

Im shocked. WTF were they thinking

the front end looks like a scifi creature

was really hoping for some of these lines..

post-2228-1485558151.jpg

Frank Stephenson is a big pusher of biomimicry. Heard that a shark was part of the inspiration of this styling (for better or worse). We still haven't seen really good shots of the front side or rear. Especially not in person.

Frank Stephenson is a big pusher of biomimicry. Heard that a shark was part of the inspiration of this styling (for better or worse). We still haven't seen really good shots of the front side or rear. Especially not in person.

I'm hoping your right. love the brand, but not loving this look. (atleast from these pics)

post-462-1485554025_thumb.jpg

It looks like something Cinderella chose to drive when she went to visit the moon.

Have not unfortunately. I always get the feel that these McLaren's have to be seen in person. Something about looking at the car from a higher vantage point and in the light to get proper reflections. The 12C front end looked soft to me. I have no worries about that with this car. Only question is the rear end and general proportions. The statement about proportions were based on what we've seen from spy shots.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.motor1.com/n...ule-photos/amp/

It was pointed out in another thread that the badge says 720S on the front wheel exit, confirming the rumor info we heard before.

What a crazy world we live in where a supercar makes as much power as a Huayra

Why would you make such a categoric statement if you haven't seen the car in real life?

"Camera lens distortion. The proportions do not look like that, the rear fender haunch is significantly higher than the front fender, that cannot be distinguished here."

I cannot believe how they ruined this car :( im sure the performance is insane but it looks horrible.

Im shocked. WTF were they thinking

the front end looks like a scifi creature

was really hoping for some of these lines..

P1_1.jpg

P1 is stunning, the only thing I don't really like is the rear quarter when the wing is down, wing up, race mode in the right color makes me drool :icon_mrgreen:

Why would you make such a categoric statement if you haven't seen the car in real life?

"Camera lens distortion. The proportions do not look like that, the rear fender haunch is significantly higher than the front fender, that cannot be distinguished here."

The photo almost seems like it's taken with a fish eye lens. Take a look at the spy shot photos in the link I posted. The rear haunch is elevated relative to the front fender, significantly so. Look at the rear wheel vs the front. These are dead giveaways. The car also looks compressed length wise relative to the wheelbase in the spy shots. Another suggestion of some type of camera distortion.

The P1 looks weird with the wing fully retracted. I think the P14 had the same trait

The car in the spy shots has camouflage on it, you can't tell what's underneath, main purpose of the camouflage, subtle lines and angles make all the difference, you know what they say about assumptions? When you try to pass assumptions as fact never bodes well.

I really want to like McLarens because I want one.

You actually can see most of the general lines (flowing from front fender to window all the way to rear fender). That's the general proportioning that I'm referencing when saying the photo from Instagram is not representative. The side intakes and front wheel air exits are just detail features, the main body lines are all there to see

Clearer view here, not a horizontal angle, but you can see the haunch I'm talking about (Ferrari 458 like)