huracan "performante" coming

emilio

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Perfomante looks awesome! Only thing I'd change is making the intake on the front fully black, but easy enough to paint/wrap. Great job Lambo!

wow. so the key to the cars ridiculous laptop was also due to a crazy amount of aero tech.

aapl, any specs on downforce/drag figures on both modes ?

thanks

Haters do what they do best but I was surprised at some people who I actually had a lot of respect for.

I'd feel the same about any brand, you can definitely be skeptical but to make categoric accusations without any basis in reality, without having first hand information or testing things yourself makes you look like a tool who likes to trumpet through his own ass.

I hope Lambo will be able to trash their competition on every race track out there.

It's getting interesting now that the tires used for the lap seem hard to identify but are probably Trofeo R's that don't come with the car and may not even be available, at least for a while. All the drama is bound to focus on tires.

I kind of understand the tire comment, but the car also had a cage and I'm sure other safety modifications. So it will never be 100% as it rolled off the factory line. In fact for a record attempt, that could be considered dangerous if no safety modifications are made.

And I would understand the 'hand carved' Pagani slicks, that's a true one-off set that doesn't exist in the real world, but if it really was a Trofeo R, that's not some illusive tire. You can readily order them on Tire Rack. In fact I have a set on the way in. And all the talk of "special compound Pirelli developed tires for ____ application" is marketing BS. Read literally ANY recent performance car launch and it will say this somewhere. Viper ACR, GTR, 488, Speciale, GT3RS, Pagani, etc, etc... all come to mind. There is always a line in there about new specifically developed tires, meanwhile you can order replacements off Tire Rack's shelf, usually an MPSC2 or Corsa or Kumho or whatever.

I think a car company has much more to lose by lying (see: Dieselgate) then it does to gain by setting a record. If they can set a record, great, market the hell out it. If you can't, keep quiet, don't lie, hence why certain Ring times were never announced (P1 comes to mind). If it works, you get a GT-R Nismo, a 918, an SV. They won't start lying, they'll just stay quiet, as that doesn't open them up for a needless lawsuit (again, see Dieselgate).

On a separate note, if anyone can share a Performante spec sheet & price list, it would be very much appreciated.

I am just not a fan of this segment of automotive marketing.

To take a "Production car", prep/tweak it with the same attention as an F1 car, run a record time on timing equipment that is not consistent/verified, produce a video themselves that could be altered and then make the claim "Fastest Production Car at the Ring" is a recipe for deception.

All the car makers do it and I think it stinks.

Personally I could care less what a car does at the ring.

Sure these cars are fast but what we see is not a honest representation of whats available on the showrooms.

If all manufacturers do it wouldn't that by definition make it a "level playing field" ? If that's the case when all things equal one was still better than the other.

The lap time has no relevance in real world is just ammunition for the fans of the brand for when they go to the pub or on the net. :icon_mrgreen:

Jokes aside based on my experience with the standard Huracan I expect the Performante to be an absolute beast of a car and ultimately us the customers will be the winners, I also bet that what you see is what you will get in the showroom, if you want a roll cage install one, if you don't want a passenger seat take it out, you want Trofeo R tires you can buy them no issues there, they are attempting a record on a race track, it would be completely irresponsible to do it without additional safety gear.

Ultimately all those teenagers hell bent on debunking the lap time will still be driving their supped up Hondas dreaming of an exotic until some of them will realize their dreams, life never changes the cycle is the same.

What annoys me the most is the fact that not many are happy of ones success, the ugly horns of jealousy and personal intersts always come out, I see this on daily basis not only car related and it makes me sad, the innocence is gone.

It's getting interesting now that the tires used for the lap seem hard to identify but are probably Trofeo R's that don't come with the car and may not even be available, at least for a while. All the drama is bound to focus on tires.

i was told the trofeo R will be available as accessory.. i just ordered the same size trofeo R for my hurrican and they had plenty FYI

Looks great in white but the lower bits of the front bumper let it down a bit in white.

Imagine that upright in black with a white pin stripe along the edge.

I wasn't a huge fan of the standard Huracan, but this I love. I definitely want to get one as soon as possible. Blue Nethuns for me with black wheels, yellow brake calipers and yellow stitching. That would be my perfect spec. Cant wait to see Lambocars configurator cause the Lambo one doesn't work for me.

I was just reading an article about how Konigsegg and SGG were questioning the time of the car and the doubt people cast on the time. Lesson here is if you are a car manufacturer, pairing up with a tire manufacturer who is willing to spend R&D money on just your car is now critical. Why? because traction control, aero downforce, and all other aspects of the car have reach a point where improvements are normally no longer in strides but minute increments and engine power is easily acheived with turbo and forced induction. Tires play a crucial part in being able to apply power and the cornering ability of the car. The funny thing is that tires are the only aspect where technology advancements has been relatively slow vs all other areas in the automotive world with limited players. Kudos to Lamborghini working with Pirelli to have special tires designed for the car... and of course Lamborghini for their patented aero system, proving often simple solutions can generate wonderful results... I am expecting this system will be an easy way for Lamborghini to add more differentiation within their model variants in the future.

I might add that an interesting fact is that one of the engineers who worked on the aero system was also part of the Jota program for the diablo se30...

I might add that an interesting fact is that one of the engineers who worked on the aero system was also part of the Jota program for the diablo se30...

Aw, hence the bronze engine manifolds....very cool

CDC2EF7D-526F-4640-8520-67ABADB26873_zps

Lamborghini really nailed it! What a car

17265373_390013618035076_1710288872421720064_n.jpg

I didn't realize there was that much FC on the back. In this pic it looks like the whole back section is in FC. The whole part where the license plate attaches to, I didn't realize that would be in FC.

I didn't realize there was that much FC on the back. In this pic it looks like the whole back section is in FC. The whole part where the license plate attaches to, I didn't realize that would be in FC.

That's why I don't really get why someone on this thread said the Huracan had too much plastic on the exterior. Seems like almost every part is made of FC, even the front

That's why I don't really get why someone on this thread said the Huracan had too much plastic on the exterior. Seems like almost every part is made of FC, even the front

Well I hope that everything is in FC cause I think it looks great. But this 50 pager thing definitely does not show that much FC on the car.

Well I hope that everything is in FC cause I think it looks great. But this 50 pager thing definitely does not show that much FC on the car.

Unfortunately, the side sills and top of front splitter are not FC....wish they were, otherwise I'd order them as such

I wasn't a huge fan of the standard Huracan, but this I love. I definitely want to get one as soon as possible. Blue Nethuns for me with black wheels, yellow brake calipers and yellow stitching. That would be my perfect spec. Cant wait to see Lambocars configurator cause the Lambo one doesn't work for me.

I agree, why are factory configurators so rubbish?

I gave LamboCars some ammunition and the poor guy is working tirelessly, I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Ovi are you ordering one?