Turning my 04 G into an STS

StoleIt

Aaaand more bad luck...some mis-alligned holes in the wing from the factory. And the lip spoiler is way too tight and will not fit with the current wing mounts. Waiting to hear back from the manufacturer on their thoughts.

But the parts look really good, yet dusty, on the car:

ZawlfkT.jpg

OVRcC27.jpg

mn4gtru.jpg

apXjQRh.jpg

CS7TgX2.jpg

Issue:

ryVwkli.jpg

Hard to tell but the holes are drilled too high up on the mounting portion of the wing. So the hardware is hitting the outside part of the wing and the bolt wont go all the way through. I really don't want to drill another hole or wallow out the existing one since I am worried about compromising the strength of the part since there will be a lot of pressure on that hole.

And then there is this douche. He thinks he is so cool...

0oaxwWa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting the front bumper repainted. Do I go with the STS, SL, or Performente style color pattern? Decisions...decisions.

Polling the audience:

zUtry8d.png

Peformante style. CF splitter, but body color the insides of the intakes.

dU0KsGF.jpg

SL style. CF splitter, all black intakes.

ZjCE7Ej.jpg

STS style. Body color splitter, all black intakes.

I vote for SL or STS; I confess I've never liked the Performante paint scheme.

Well that's fairly unanimous. :)

Can anyone with an SL or STS please confirm that the black paint on the intakes is matte and not gloss black. My aftermarket bumper came painted with gloss black and I'm thinking matte/flat black would be the proper/better look.

Currently:

1tCH1ej.jpg

That looks good, I would not do anything, at least keep the gloss black and paint only the center piece to body color.

edit: well, after looking even more, i would keep it just like that. IT looks so much better with gloss black.

That looks incredible! Glad it's coming along! I have to ask though, why is there a tremendous gap on all of these bumpers in between the bumper itself and the bonnet? You would think that these companies would have fixed that.

That looks incredible! Glad it's coming along! I have to ask though, why is there a tremendous gap on all of these bumpers in between the bumper itself and the bonnet? You would think that these companies would have fixed that.

Couldn't tell you for sure. The fitment on both of ours was so bad that my body shop assumed both of our cars had been in front end wrecks because of how bad the geometry was.

To get the vorsteiner on they added rivets to the fenders because, as they explained to me, it was a ton easier than trying to modify the bumper to fit in the OEM clips.

That is the plan for my nose as well...mine needs brand new fiberglass all along the inside mounting area since the previous shop wallowed out every whole and pretty much chopped it up to the point of uselessness. The zip ties were a nice touch as well...

Just a warning to anybody getting ANY brand front bumper...expect about 2 grand in fabrication/fitment/finishing costs. If your shop doesn't do that and just paints the bumper expecting it go bolt on you are in for a world of hurt.

cars coming out amazing.... cant wait to see it finished up... ive been on the board for a bit trying to find a car and checking out whats going on in the Lambo world... just bought my first G car, being shipped home as we speak... will be fun to keep up on your build... good luck

Couldn't tell you for sure. The fitment on both of ours was so bad that my body shop assumed both of our cars had been in front end wrecks because of how bad the geometry was.

To get the vorsteiner on they added rivets to the fenders because, as they explained to me, it was a ton easier than trying to modify the bumper to fit in the OEM clips.

That is the plan for my nose as well...mine needs brand new fiberglass all along the inside mounting area since the previous shop wallowed out every whole and pretty much chopped it up to the point of uselessness. The zip ties were a nice touch as well...

Just a warning to anybody getting ANY brand front bumper...expect about 2 grand in fabrication/fitment/finishing costs. If your shop doesn't do that and just paints the bumper expecting it go bolt on you are in for a world of hurt.

Hi Stoleit,

love the look of your car.

I was looking at fitting the revozsport engine cover, but have put a hold on it for now.

I did fit the oem Lamborghini FLII bumper upgrade for 2014 LP560-4- pics attached.

A perfect fit.

The 'admirers' at Racewars 2017 800 and 1000 metre sprint seemed to like it!

I have kept my front spoiler lip and struts gloss black for the squarda corse look as you have.

cheers,

john

post-130322-1489488859_thumb.jpg

post-130322-1489488897_thumb.jpg

post-130322-1489488926_thumb.jpg

post-130322-1489488954_thumb.jpg

post-130322-1489489233_thumb.jpg

Hi Stoleit,

love the look of your car.

I was looking at fitting the revozsport engine cover, but have put a hold on it for now.

I did fit the oem Lamborghini FLII bumper upgrade for 2014 LP560-4- pics attached.

A perfect fit.

The 'admirers' at Racewars 2017 800 and 1000 metre sprint seemed to like it!

I have kept my front spoiler lip and struts gloss black for the squarda corse look as you have.

cheers,

john

Thanks! Yours looks great.

Where did you get the front bumpers tow hook?

• 2 weeks later...

Home stretch! Rivets into the OEM frame to properly secure the LP cross brace.

vyvx6iB.jpg

LP cross brace painted and bumper tabs transferred over from the original one.

2ZAiHa2.jpg

Wing tips are painted!

oV83jdt.jpg

Removed a line of masking tape...that sweet sweet paint-CF line.

xLmZKVE.jpg

Wing mounts finally milled down enough (took two trips), painted, and getting installed onto the LP cross brace.

NMk5WTC.jpg

Rear end is pretty much buttoned up...so time to re-fit the Renown Lp570 nose.

cAY0Pqr.jpg

Thanks! Yours looks great.

Where did you get the front bumpers tow hook?

Hi Stoleit,

you can buy from lambo stuff. p/n 400803615.

I just spray canned it fluorescent orange so stands out.

For events, I also remove the tow hook cover completely by squeezing the diamond shape plastic that holds it in place as I have lost a couple of tow hook covers in sprints at 327 km/hr/203 mph. :lol:

<a href="https://www.please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors.com/product.asp?prid=20799&Mode=add" target="_blank">https://www.please check with our franchised lamborghini dealer sponsors.com/product.asp?prid...99&Mode=add</a>

I also had the gap between the bumper and bonnet reduced a little by adjustment.

cheers,

john

Thanks Lamboperth! I didn't realize that was the OEM tow hook painted. I think I'm gonna go for a hinged one so the loop hangs down. Just got to find one that fits.

Small oopsy, I told them it was fiberglass. Turns out its polymer, so when they tried to fine tune some things it got burn pots. Oh well, no big deal...it's going to get primered and painted anyway.

KNWee9w.jpg

Fitting much better!

elTcnbp.jpg

Ready for paint.

6fyTjW6.jpg

Looks like it's soaking wet...that's a good sign!

zsi4wVk.jpg

vibk9HP.jpg

Blacked out...but with a couple drops of Arancio Borealis paint.

YaO53R5.jpg

Buff away!

bIvGEpP.jpg