How to play the trump market...

Roman

The broader markets:

The Dow/S&P and Russell 2K- evenly. Trim back on the QQQs. Get the eff out of overseas/ emerging markets.

Industries to be in:

Construction. obvious reasons

traditional energy. Same

Defense. The Mad dog Market.

AND. As a serious fcuking hedge against the fed, which may try to fcuk with him, or simply put a blanket on all of the above if they get "too hot" - The banks- that will boom if interest rates get cranked up too.

I think its very likely we are about to see something most of us only remember from our childhoods, and the younger guys have never seen before. An actual economy-driven bull-market.... NO QE... No New tech... No hot sexy, here today, gone tomorrow get rich quick bullshit. Just good old fasioned, dirt under your nails, american productivity.

Have fun and hang on.

Just do opposite of what i do and you will be rich. no kidding.

The only worry i have is that Amazon will wipe every single business out of business. Meaning Malls will be dead, commercial real estate will die. we have autonomous cars are being built , no more drivers for taxi or uber drivers... 90% of cars will be electric and gas prices will go to 25 cents a gallon. how will we supply 8 billion people with jobs ? Maybe short term we do good. But long term could be bad....

https://m.facebook.com/robert.goldman2/post...209535135194637

An actual economy-driven bull-market.... NO QE... No New tech... No hot sexy, here today, gone tomorrow get rich quick bullshit. Just good old fasioned, dirt under your nails, american productivity.

Billions made off weed should help.

History tells us every new president has the power to fuel certain companies and industries to new heights.

If you look back at any president in recent history, there’s almost always a “no brainer” investment idea that would have made you a lot of money.

Think about it…

The tech sector soared in the '90s when Bill Clinton embraced the Internet.

And oil went on its greatest run in history during Bush’s term, soaring from $26.49 to $154.38. You and I both remember complaining about high gas prices. But anybody who invested in gas early in Bush’s presidency pumped their fist in the air every time they filled their tank.

And it wasn’t just oil itself. These prominent oil companies also scored big gains, just to name a few:

Oil Stock Performance During Bush Presidency

Exxon: +97%

Chevron: +60%

ConocoPhillips: +89%

PetroChina: +424%

The same goes for Obama. Health care was his signature issue from early in his campaign all the way through both terms in office.

With all those clear signals, it didn’t take a genius to see that the health care industry would be a good investment. And people who took the obvious step of buying some health care stocks are now wealthier:

Health Care Stock Performance During Obama Presidency

UnitedHealth Group: +523%

CIGNA: +698%

Aetna: +325%

Anthem: +238%

Screw Obamacare!

Can't wait for what Roman predicts to happen, bring it on!

BTW... As usual... Those of you who know how to get a hold of me away from LP are free to contact me for specific ideas any time...

Those who don't know how to get a hold of me away from LP...

source.gif

Roman, from your mouth to the heavens. I happen to agree with everything you've said, and look forward to see where this takes us as a nation.

I'm happy I'm heavily vested in construction and real estate.

Roman, from your mouth to the heavens. I happen to agree with everything you've said, and look forward to see where this takes us as a nation.

I'm happy I'm heavily vested in construction and real estate.

I'd love to do that but I am way too far :(

Good luck guys.

I'd love to do that but I am way too far :(

Good luck guys.

There are ways to invest in both through the stock exchanges...

You know I sit on the Board of Directors for a REIT, right? (shhhhhh- Its a secret)

There are ways to invest in both through the stock exchanges...

You know I sit on the Board of Directors for a REIT, right? (shhhhhh- Its a secret)

Did not know that :icon_thumleft:

I never invest in stock, I like to own RE myself, I will look into it in few months, at this stage I have a lot on my plate.

BTW... Theres an interesting strategy based on deferred taxation and the anticipated reduction of the corporate tax rate. Its an interesting idea with merit... But it isnt my idea, so Ill leave it at that. Im taking a long look at it and buying some stocks based on it.

• 2 weeks later...
The broader markets:

The Dow/S&P and Russell 2K- evenly. Trim back on the QQQs. Get the eff out of overseas/ emerging markets.

Industries to be in:

Construction. obvious reasons

traditional energy. Same

Defense. The Mad dog Market.

AND. As a serious fcuking hedge against the fed, which may try to fcuk with him, or simply put a blanket on all of the above if they get "too hot" - The banks- that will boom if interest rates get cranked up too.

I think its very likely we are about to see something most of us only remember from our childhoods, and the younger guys have never seen before. An actual economy-driven bull-market.... NO QE... No New tech... No hot sexy, here today, gone tomorrow get rich quick bullshit. Just good old fasioned, dirt under your nails, american productivity.

Have fun and hang on.

BTW... Ive made 5.5% on PKB since I posted this...

3.5% on KOL

ITA, DIA, SPY, IWM, IWF and QQQs all up as well...

History tells us every new president has the power to fuel certain companies and industries to new heights.

If you look back at any president in recent history, there’s almost always a “no brainer” investment idea that would have made you a lot of money.

Think about it…

The tech sector soared in the '90s when Bill Clinton embraced the Internet.

And oil went on its greatest run in history during Bush’s term, soaring from $26.49 to $154.38. You and I both remember complaining about high gas prices. But anybody who invested in gas early in Bush’s presidency pumped their fist in the air every time they filled their tank.

And it wasn’t just oil itself. These prominent oil companies also scored big gains, just to name a few:

Oil Stock Performance During Bush Presidency

Exxon: +97%

Chevron: +60%

ConocoPhillips: +89%

PetroChina: +424%

The same goes for Obama. Health care was his signature issue from early in his campaign all the way through both terms in office.

With all those clear signals, it didn’t take a genius to see that the health care industry would be a good investment. And people who took the obvious step of buying some health care stocks are now wealthier:

Health Care Stock Performance During Obama Presidency

UnitedHealth Group: +523%

CIGNA: +698%

Aetna: +325%

Anthem: +238%

Screw Obamacare!

Can't wait for what Roman predicts to happen, bring it on!

In regard to the healthcare, couldn't it be expected the reason it exploded was the influx of government funding (tax dollars)? On that note, if the condition is true, with the impending repeal of The ACA, with as bloated and fraudulent as the healthcare industry is, would it be safe to assume their shares will plummet?

In regard to the healthcare, couldn't it be expected the reason it exploded was the influx of government funding (tax dollars)? On that note, if the condition is true, with the impending repeal of The ACA, with as bloated and fraudulent as the healthcare industry is, would it be safe to assume their shares will plummet?

Not necessarily.

Bottom line... The baby boomers are now in their 50s-70s... We've got about 25 years before the demand they put on health care subsides. But it will subside... In time... Which is why a permanent change to the system based on current, non-permanent demands is stupid.

• 2 weeks later...
Not necessarily.

Bottom line... The baby boomers are now in their 50s-70s... We've got about 25 years before the demand they put on health care subsides. But it will subside... In time... Which is why a permanent change to the system based on current, non-permanent demands is stupid.

But with each generations passing, the next is in line for the meat grinder. Or do you expect the next generation to last longer and require different care that differs greatly?

But with each generations passing, the next is in line for the meat grinder. Or do you expect the next generation to last longer and require different care that differs greatly?

The next generation is smaller in number.

The US population should stop increasing soon... And then will begin to decline fairly rapidly as the baby boomers die. That will happen with expotential rapidity in the next 20 years or so.

The oldest "baby boomers" are 71 right now.

The youngest are 53.

So put the average at 62.

Average life expectancy is 78.

So in 16 years the average baby boomer will be dead. And every year that goes by after that they will start dying more and more. And U.S. population will steady and then decline rather rapidly. So for twenty years, healthcare is a boom... After that?

Man, the enormity of this market uptrend completely blindsided me. :(

A few months ago right before the election, I moved my entire TSP (Government's version of the 401K) out of C, S and I (common, small and international stocks) to the safe and secure "G-Fund" (Government securities). My plan was to cash out when the DOW was at about 18400, and then move back in on a big dip when we fell into the 17k range again. While I know that statistically it is a very bad idea to try to "time" the broad market and mess with a retirement account like that, it seemed like a pretty safe move, as even then equities looked pretty bloated and at the time, market uncertainty was skyrocketing.

As we now know...that was a very costly mistake, as I am now behind almost 2000 points (still sitting on the sidelines in "G"), and I have been waiting for a pullback that just has NOT happened. To make matters worse, about 10 people in my office that occasionally ask me for stock market/trading advice (knowing how closely I follow things) followed me with the same move, and are now behind as well, thinking they made a very serious mistake, and constantly coming into my office to ask me about it.

Not sure what to do here. I hate to move back in now when we are midway through the 20k range...but at the same time I don't want to miss another 2000 points if we are heading towards 22k+.

I just heard the other day that the S&P just hit a $20-TRILLION dollar market cap...f#cking nuts! :(

Any thoughts would be appreciated! I'm all ears at this point!

The next generation is smaller in number.

The youngest are 53.

Average life expectancy is 78.

So in 16 years the average baby boomer will be dead.

Well this made my day knowing that statistically I will be dead in 16 years. :crybaby2:

A few months ago right before the election, I moved my entire TSP (Government's version of the 401K) out of C, S and I (common, small and international stocks) to the safe and secure "G-Fund" (Government securities). My plan was to cash out when the DOW was at about 18400, and then move back in on a big dip when we fell into the 17k range again. While I know that statistically it is a very bad idea to try to "time" the broad market and mess with a retirement account like that, it seemed like a pretty safe move, as even then equities looked pretty bloated and at the time, market uncertainty was skyrocketing.

As we now know...that was a very costly mistake, as I am now behind almost 2000 points (still sitting on the sidelines in "G"), and I have been waiting for a pullback that just has NOT happened. To make matters worse, about 10 people in my office that occasionally ask me for stock market/trading advice (knowing how closely I follow things) followed me with the same move, and are now behind as well, thinking they made a very serious mistake, and constantly coming into my office to ask me about it.

Not sure what to do here. I hate to move back in now when we are midway through the 20k range...but at the same time I don't want to miss another 2000 points if we are heading towards 22k+.

I just heard the other day that the S&P just hit a $20-TRILLION dollar market cap...f#cking nuts! :(

I hate to admit it but I am in the same boat, although I have been so to say out to sea or out of high growth for a longer period of time.

I am waiting on Janet Yellen to piss in punch bowl and raise rates a bit to cool things off.

If there is enough of a pull back I need to jump back into growth.

Any thoughts on FNMA or FMCC (Fannie and Freddie)?

Good thing I didn't buy (yet). Dropped 34% today.

Government didn't let go of their leash so basically it's back to the pre-Steve Mnuchin (Trump's Treasury Secretary pick) levels. Highly considering it now though. Just need to get off my ass and finish my DD.

So at the end of the day I plan to post my picks and how they've performed since my initial post.

So....this has become a very costly mistake for me. I'm now behind a few thousand points and this rally seems ready for yet another leg up.

Moving my entire account out at 18400 "seemed" like a good idea at the time... :(

BRK +8.96%

PFE +8.29%

ITA +8.02%

VFH +6.32%

DIA +6.1%

IWF +5.79%

PKB +4.1%

IWM +3.13%

KOL +2.88%

FDN +2.81%

XLE -2.75%

XOM -2.94%

My investments are NOT equally weighted, but generally follow the outline I posted in the OP.

My net UNREALIZED gain for 45~ days (not counting additional earned dividends) is:

$15,302.07

or a net ROI of 4.44% In 30 days.

I already owned large positions in the qqq, spy, nobl, and VFIAX, and so didnt add these to the above picks/returns....

SPY 5.61% / $1139.17

QQQ 6.72% / $1644.82

NOBL 5.48% / $1065.42

VFIAX 5.64% / $2731.35

or close to $22,000 total in 6 weeks.

One of the younger guys recently called me lamenting that his investments dont scale into big dollar returns the way mine do. That he "ONLY" has a few thousand bucks in an S&P fund. I told him that when I was his age I had a similar sized S&P fund (mine was smaller actually), and today that my initial $3000 investment was worth $51,000+ after very small monthly contributions, DRIP and gains... And just a few smart "moves" by me over the years to sidestep trouble.

It doesnt take a genius to see, the markets love this guy. Don't make the mistake of thinking youve missed the boat.

So....this has become a very costly mistake for me. I'm now behind a few thousand points and this rally seems ready for yet another leg up.

Moving my entire account out at 18400 "seemed" like a good idea at the time... :(

Am I reading this right, you're complaining, but you didn't LOSE your actual money? What the fcuk, get yourself together. We all miss opportunities but you didn't LOSE the money you had. Don't worry about what you "supposedly" lost. Observe the current situation cooly and rationally, and make your plays if you need to. Here's RD saying you still can get in.

Am I reading this right, you're complaining, but you didn't LOSE your actual money? What the fcuk, get yourself together. We all miss opportunities but you didn't LOSE the money you had. Don't worry about what you "supposedly" lost. Observe the current situation cooly and rationally, and make your plays if you need to. Here's RD saying you still can get in.

LOL dude, I have a few hundred K in my 401k. You are absolutely right that I'm complaining. :lol2: Its not about "losing" money, its that I missed out on (what would have been) a 5-figure gain by simply staying put. Unfortunately, I moved out of the market days before this absolutely INSANE tear began. Lesson learned, it was a huge misjudgment on my part. But if you think I'm not going to be sore about the DOW moving up well over 10% in 4 months while I had that much money on the sidelines, you are out of your mind. :lol2:

Life goes on though. I am a trader so I am used to the waves. This one just stings a lot more than usual. :) I just learned the hard way "why" most financial experts recommend a "set it and forget it" view to retirement accounts when you are this far out from the MRA.

My plan is to begin scaling back in at this point, (like I should have been doing 2 months ago instead of being stubborn). I am not sure what kind of catalyst will kill this rally at this point and give me the retracement I had been waiting for, but I'll remain on watch hoping it happens.