How to play the trump market...

Roman

It doesnt take a genius to see, the markets love this guy. Don't make the mistake of thinking youve missed the boat.

Wise words RD. I wish I had listened to that sentiment months ago when you first mentioned it! The stubborn "I did miss the boat" mindset is what kept me from moving back in when the DOW crashed through 19k.

Time to re-assess and see if I can make up some ground later this year!

Wise words RD. I wish I had listened to that sentiment months ago when you first mentioned it! The stubborn "I did miss the boat" mindset is what kept me from moving back in when the DOW crashed through 19k.

Time to re-assess and see if I can make up some ground later this year!

:iamwithstupid:

• 2 weeks later...

Well... This week (friday exluded) gave you a great pullback and buying opportunity that should continue until the fed meeting tuesday.

I expect a .25 rise on the rates... Thats already priced in and as long as its not less or more (along with the accompanying language) we should get back into the upward glidescope...

And we still dont have a tax plan.

Life goes on though. I am a trader so I am used to the waves. This one just stings a lot more than usual. :) I just learned the hard way "why" most financial experts recommend a "set it and forget it" view to retirement accounts when you are this far out from the MRA.

There are very few people who can time the markets accurately... Ive done better than most but still kick myself because my calculations in spring of 09 though sound, were too low... And I missed the market turn.

Well... This week (friday exluded) gave you a great pullback and buying opportunity that should continue until the fed meeting tuesday.

I expect a .25 rise on the rates... Thats already priced in and as long as its not less or more (along with the accompanying language) we should get back into the upward glidescope...

And we still dont have a tax plan.

Yeah... I was down 10K yesterday as expected (did you fuckers buy???)

And as predicted, I was up 26K today...

So... Ive got a good feel for this right now....

• 7 months later...
It doesnt take a genius to see, the markets love this guy. Don't make the mistake of thinking youve missed the boat.

How true this quote would come to be. Thank you for this thread; I hoped it would be more active.

My top hits for the year:

BA (oh my)

ITA

WEED (oh my x 2)

NVDA (oh my x 3)

AMZN

BABA

TCEHY

In reality, you would have a harder time picking a loser this year than a winner. As usual, every media hyped "Armageddon" event proved to be an excellent buying opportunity.