Huracán Performante

a007apl

just got back from seeing the car today at 12pm in los angeles. they make you sign some massive NDA, and i know they're on the forums (cause we were talking about it today... so i can't say much. a lot of the speculation on the other thread about active aero, etc are all pretty spot on.

that being said, the car is TRULY special. prior to the Performante, i've always felt like lamborghini's were about lifestyle, flash, and the attention (looks). yes, i know it's a SUPER powerful car, but i've been biased to think that mclaren takes the cake when it comes to technical performance or being a "driver's" car... but this Performante, specially at it's supposed price point, REALLY takes that away from mclaren in my opinion. if someone asked me (prior today's presentation) what would be your #1 favorite driver's car under $400k, i would have said 675LT without really any hesitation. but now, for a pretty significant chunk of change BELOW that mark, i REALLY think the new Huracan Performante is the NEW benchmark when it comes to PERFORMANCE/Driver's car! truly truly special. lambo's R&D team were NOT messing around with this car.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got back from seeing the car today at 12pm in los angeles. they make you sign some massive NDA, and i know they're on the forums (cause we were talking about it today... so i can't say much. a lot of the speculation on the other thread about active aero, etc are all pretty spot on.

that being said, the car is TRULY special. prior to the Performante, i've always felt like lamborghini's were about lifestyle, flash, and the attention (looks). yes, i know it's a SUPER powerful car, but i've been biased to think that mclaren takes the cake when it comes to technical performance or being a "driver's" car... but this Performante, specially at it's supposed price point, REALLY takes that away from mclaren in my opinion. if someone asked me (prior today's presentation) what would be your #1 favorite driver's car under $400k, i would have said 675LT without really any hesitation. but now, for a pretty significant chunk of change BELOW that mark, i REALLY think the new Huracan Performante is the NEW benchmark when it comes to PERFORMANCE/Driver's car! truly truly special. lambo's R&D team were NOT messing around with this car.

:icon_super: sounds legit AF

went to see it today as well.. I had a chance to discuss at length one of the senior engineer that made his presentation. Interesting to note he was part of the diablo se30 back in the day... The Performante he says development took 2 years and he was really proud of the results and what they achieved. Given concept of the aero was thought up years before, kudos to the engineers as they are making great strides. Without saying further, there is a visual element shared with the se30. Good car and I would seriously consider this once I have chance to test drive it and compare to normal huracan in the future.

went to see it today as well.. I had a chance to discuss at length one of the senior engineer that made his presentation. Interesting to note he was part of the diablo se30 back in the day... The Performante he says development took 2 years and he was really proud of the results and what they achieved. Given concept of the aero was thought up years before, kudos to the engineers as they are making great strides. Without saying further, there is a visual element shared with the se30. Good car and I would seriously consider this once I have chance to test drive it and compare to normal huracan in the future.

diablo se30 ?? Golden??

RLA12142v6.jpg

Lamborghini_Huracan_Performante_Prototype_engine.jpg

RLA12142v6.jpg

I was there as well for the midday showing. As others have said, the NDA was pretty specific about keeping hush hush. But I can also say you will not be disappointed! The car is very special--at least to me. It is a muscular car. It's the Lamborghini styling we've all come to love with serious performance to back it up. This car is a game changer and Lamborghini is and should be proud of the engineering that went into it.

My favorite parts of the car. The rear. Such an improvement over the standard H. No offense to that car but they dialed up the appearance and wow factor back there by 10 notches. Plus, it all serves a purpose. It just looks damn good. The bonnet. Holy shit, what a work of art. And it's functional to the car as well. You'll see. The front end is even a bit more mean looking if that's an appropriate word. It all works together very well. I'm impressed!!

I'm going to see the McLaren P14/720 in three weeks. It will have to blow me away to even think of not going Performante. I know it will have stellar performance as well but I don't think the looks are going to cut it for me. The Perf is just that solid looking of a car. I also think the Performante may represent one of the last great NA engines with such a great package. And that kind of car is special to me and probably a keeper. Well done Lamborghini! I'll probably go back to my roots and order Ariancio Borealis that I had on my first Lambo, an 08 Superleggera. There are many other good colors but that one tugs at me.

Enjoy your time with car for those of you with an upcoming preview. I can't wait to see it again!

Everything that we have heard and seen in the previews, has essentially been revealed in all the 'driven' reviews by numerous car magazines, so no one is even able to reveal anything new here.

Another review incase you missed it.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/fahrber...a-11661572.html

Video:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/video/l...t-11661578.html

awesome reviews! ive never been so excited about a car!

curious is everyone going with the LDS option or no? (dynamic steering)

awesome reviews! ive never been so excited about a car!

curious is everyone going with the LDS option or no? (dynamic steering)

Unless they changed it, I would not recommend it.

I wasn't crazy about it on the first H I had. I preferred

the steering feel on the second H I had which did not

have that option.

have that option.

yep that's what everyone is saying.

not sure if this is the same issue or its resolved. TY :icon_thumleft:

I am too lazy to look into the specs, it is AWD right ? How would it perform as a daily driver ?

have that option.

I am too lazy to look into the specs, it is AWD right ? How would it perform as a daily driver ?

AWD, should be perfect with the comfort seats! (which Is what I ordered)

Kind of sucks about the front fender vents, would have been a nice nod to the Super Trofeo and GT3 car. But overall the car sounds very, very promising. Plus they have to hold something back for the Squadra / STS version.

It's revised, I had no issues with the one in my standard H I will go for it again.

Yes AWD, the standard H in Strada is like driving around in a Golf, I can't imagine this being much different in that setting.

AWD, should be perfect with the comfort seats! (which Is what I ordered)

Get the sports seats, they look so damn good, also I drove 3 hours plus without stop in my SV and I had zero issues, I have no idea what people are complaining about.

Kind of sucks about the front fender vents, would have been a nice nod to the Super Trofeo and GT3 car. But overall the car sounds very, very promising. Plus they have to hold something back for the Squadra / STS version.

I think those vents were negatively affecting the aero during testing, the car is very purposefull they went for max track performance everything which didn't suit looks like it got the axe.

I agree it would've made the front even more aggressive looking but as it is IMO it's aggressive enough.

FYI, the LP640 had a gold intake manifold and valve covers for the auto shows, but it never made it into production.

mur640_38.jpg

mur640_35.jpg

I think those vents were negatively affecting the aero during testing, the car is very purposefull they went for max track performance everything which didn't suit looks like it got the axe.

I agree it would've made the front even more aggressive looking but as it is IMO it's aggressive enough.

So the front fender vents and rear vent (like the Super Trofeo car) were actually tested? Or was it just camo magic to deceive?

Lamborghini-Huracan-LP-620-2-Super-Trofeo-3-4-Front.jpg

If they actually tested it and deemed it negative to overall aero than I would completely understand and support the decision. Function over form. Would also make me re-consider adding on the Vorsteiner vents if it's affecting the overall package.

Went to the event.. I'm not sure which I enjoyed more: getting to see the car, or getting lots of 1-on-1 time with C-Suite Lambo execs. Great experience.

This car really is a game changer for Lambo, there is so much more work into this car versus other SV/SL type stuff we've seen previously. It seems like they really have the balance right -- finally giving us the driver's car that we've never really had (as best we can tell), without sacrificing much in the way of drivability to do it.

The exhaust on the car sounds wicked. Normally I plan on purchasing an aftermarket exhaust to uncork things but I'm not sure this one needs it.

I have always been turned off by the rear end of the Huracan. This one fixes that issue, and gives your eyes a lot to take in.

As far as seats go... The fixed Sport seats seem pretty good as far as these things go, but having broad shoulders, I found myself a bit pinched up high. I had to round my shoulders to get my upper back to make decent contact with the upper rear of the seat. They felt better than the Gallardo SL seats from what I can remember, but that was many years ago. FYI it's a no-cost option to instead select the power/adjustable seats, but you will lose a little headroom, and you will gain 50 lbs total.

Has there been any say on production #s?

....I will just generalize as this.. While I don't think it will be long until initial display cars for the showroom are hitting dealerships, of the limited production they are making this year, the U.S. doesn't appear to have a generous allocation... I sure hope it will be ratcheted up significantly for Year 2.