Huracán Performante

a007apl

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the front fender vents and rear vent (like the Super Trofeo car) were actually tested? Or was it just camo magic to deceive?

Lamborghini-Huracan-LP-620-2-Super-Trofe

If they actually tested it and deemed it negative to overall aero than I would completely understand and support the decision. Function over form. Would also make me re-consider adding on the Vorsteiner vents if it's affecting the overall package.

Just got back from LA viewing and dinner afterwards at EMC for some Uni pasta!

The explanation of the ALA aero system was titillating! It was like when I was a Biophysics major in college and enjoyed listening to a cool physics lecture. Definitely functionally tested with focused purpose.

As others have said, the rear is the sexiest of any car I have seen. It exudes power and aggression. Sound, epic. Interior, jetlike. I like the way the sports seats hug the shoulders. No lumbar support like my SV, but it's a damn race car so I'll spec it with the sports seats (wife won't be happy).

I remember test driving the original Huracan and feeling it was slightly numb and light at speed, the sensation of taking off flying. I can only imagine that the new aero and downforce will make the car feel absolutely planted around corners.

I can't wait to test drive the car at Thermal.

Has there been any say on production #s?

This is important to me....I kept asking this to my dealer. They seem a bit tight lipped on this. So I can only surmise that it will not be "limited" in production. My dealer said they will be "made to order"....whatever that may mean. It would be awesome if they number plated them like the SV or CGT, but this likely won't happen.

So the front fender vents and rear vent (like the Super Trofeo car) were actually tested? Or was it just camo magic to deceive?

If they actually tested it and deemed it negative to overall aero than I would completely understand and support the decision. Function over form. Would also make me re-consider adding on the Vorsteiner vents if it's affecting the overall package.

Few people here posted few photos of the test mule with what appeared to be fender vents and a possible extra vent at the rear.

My comment was just an assumption based on said photos sorry if that misled you.

The tech at the unveil made no comments on the vents but he did mention that many combinations were tested.

Venting the front fenders increases front downforce. If they didn't have enough rear downforce to compensate, this ruins the aero balance, which is just as important as net downforce numbers

No media capture devices of any kind, they use a metal detector to find anything that shouldn't belong.

Word is Assman shoved a phone up his ass and grabbed some shots

Source of word: me

For those of you that went to the Unveil, safe to say aside of signing the NDA but also no phone pictures?
You physically surrender all those devices upon arrival or you don't get to go "behind the curtain"