Would you buy these for your car?

Lubejobs42

Daddyo...do I need to post what your Gallardo looked like?

you can post whatever you like , it didn't have silly tire stickers lol , and anytime you wanna head to the track , let's go

The first time I ever saw that was on DJ's Slingshot at http://envymotoring.net

This was at-least 2, maybe 3 years ago. Maybe longer.

I think that it is interesting but as others have stated - depends on the the car. Were I to do it, I'd go all white letters. But in South Florida you can definitely pull off the color-keyed look.

Gino - mistake to tool up for that niche business.

The first time I ever saw that was on DJ's Slingshot at http://envymotoring.net

This was at-least 2, maybe 3 years ago. Maybe longer.

I think that it is interesting but as others have stated - depends on the the car. Were I to do it, I'd go all white letters. But in South Florida you can definitely pull off the color-keyed look.

Gino - mistake to tool up for that niche business.

You may be right and I'm not sure if I will do it with the responses I've gotten here.

Not that it has anything to do with this. ...

26 years ago I was told by most of the people I mentioned it to INCLUDING MY MOM, not to set up a mobile fleet oil change and repair business (Oil Can Man) that it will never work.

Five years ago I was told not to open a burger restaurant there's already so many of them And the popularity is just a fad!

You may be right and I'm not sure if I will do it with the responses I've gotten here.

26 years ago I was told by most of the people I mentioned it to INCLUDING MY MOM, not to set up a mobile fleet oil change and repair business (Oil Can Man) that it will never work.

Five years ago I was told not to open a burger restaurant there's already so many of them And the popularity is just a fad!

:icon_super:

They look great. . . and I wouldn't do it because I have an older car on stock wheels.

I think you would likely do well with it if you marketed towards people with new high profile cars, body kits, color change wraps, aftermarket wheels, etc. That seems to be the meat of the tire sticker market.

You could even market them to the tire manufacturers/resellers/tire rack/discount tire etc as an option.

Personally, I wouldn't purchase them, that doesn't mean it is not a solid business proposition especially if it allows you to leverage your existing infrastructure. There is a market for it. When's the last time you looked at a shit box rice rocket and said, that's tastefully done? If it is not a big capital investment, it's a no-brainer. What are these idiots willing to pay for them?

www.tirestickers.com seem to have a professional website and offer 3 or 4 different methods of application from peel and stick to permanent heat sealed.

You gotta ask yourself how viable is it? It seems more like a "fad" like in 2005-2007 everyone tinted their tailights and headlights, and starting in 2013 everyone started doing "outline color wraps" on parts of their cars. I'm not sure if the tire thing will last.

• 2 weeks later...

Secure a wholesale deal with Tirerack.com or others like them, then buy the tools!

Or just buy the tools. Exotic car guys are probably only 1% of the enthusiast car market to buy these. You will sell TONS to all car/truck enthusiast groups. If you sell to only 0.01% of the car enthusiasts, you will have another huge company... Sell generic "pzero, etc", lettering by the bulk to the many custom wheel/tire shops in the country...

I would only do it on a dedicated track car with slicks. I have friends with GT3s that are using Michelin slicks with stickers. Looks good at the track.

Are there any other Tire markets you could exploit? Bicycles? Motorcycles? Pickup trucks?(maybe confederate flag stickers for south of the mason-dixon). I'm betting if you offered a "Trump " sticker we'd see those on pickup trucks!

I wonder if the guys who own the truck hauling cabs for big rigs would customize their tires to make a statement while parked at the truck stop. Like the profile of the naked woman you see on a mud flap.

Maybe you can start a trend.

You would need to determine whether pirelli/Michelin/etc will chase you for copyright infringement if you are using their logo/font without permission.

You would need to determine whether pirelli/Michelin/etc will chase you for copyright infringement if you are using their logo/font without permission.

I believe tirestickers.com changes the logo's slightly to get away with this. but maybe they can still get in trouble.

There was a guy on a Porsche forum (RL) selling the graphics for the car, side stripes, hood stripes, wing decals, etc. Beautiful products that were very popular. I don't know how long he was in business, and I don't think he changed the logo or font but maybe he did slightly.

Porsche went after him and shut him down. He posted that he was going to stop selling for this very reason. I don't know the rules but I assume you have to change their logo more than "a little" if they intend to protect their property. And I don't know what's involved in getting permission (what type of $$$) and whether any company gives permission.

I worked for USG, the manufacturer of SHEETROCK brand, and we chased anyone and everyone who used it (which was non-stop with the home improvement TV programs). Whether it was used in a novel by some author, or on TV, or in a movie or whatever, we reported every infraction to legal and they followed up on every event. I would think the tire companies would be no different.

There was a guy on a Porsche forum (RL) selling the graphics for the car, side stripes, hood stripes, wing decals, etc. Beautiful products that were very popular. I don't know how long he was in business, and I don't think he changed the logo or font but maybe he did slightly.

Porsche went after him and shut him down. He posted that he was going to stop selling for this very reason. I don't know the rules but I assume you have to change their logo more than "a little" if they intend to protect their property. And I don't know what's involved in getting permission (what type of $$$) and whether any company gives permission.

I worked for USG, the manufacturer of SHEETROCK brand, and we chased anyone and everyone who used it (which was non-stop with the home improvement TV programs). Whether it was used in a novel by some author, or on TV, or in a movie or whatever, we reported every infraction to legal and they followed up on every event. I would think the tire companies would be no different.

wow great point.. this could be a deal breaker. worth consulting a copyright/trademark attorney

Duly noted, but....

How many vehicles need oil changes?

How many people eat hamburgers?

And how many people are going to seek out, to install, custom lettering on their tires? And if-so, how long will that fad last?

Duly noted, but....

How many vehicles need oil changes?

How many people eat hamburgers?

And how many people are going to seek out, to install, custom lettering on their tires? And if-so, how long will that fad last?

The answer to your question is really in the set up cost, running the business, expertise required, licensing, red tape, etc.

If the market is smaller, which it is, but the rest of the above work in your favor you could be just as successful.

If it fades away you could change direction or drop it, as long as you've collected already I see no issues with it.

I am ready to order say the word I want what is pictured and make mine "purple" to match the film on car (ill send a sample) AND IF THATS NOT GREAT I would order a second P and Z in white and do it all in white. your car looked sick with them on!