Need Pushed......or Advise.

GQ IMAGE

I bleed Ferrari, bought my first one 10 years ago, been through all the models. 348,355,360,430,458 Got a taste of a lambo when added a 2013 Final Edition Gallardo next to my 458 Spider last year. So here I stand, I can place a order in February for a new 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider, or buy a preowned 2015 Adventador Roadster. Regardless, I am keeping the Final Edition, and trading the 458 Spider for either 488 Spider or Adventador Roadster. It will be the 1st time in 10 years that I will not have a horse in my garage, but have 2 bulls. Not sure what to do? I know this is bias to this forum, but looking for some feedback, good or bad. I am sure when I post the same question on Ferrari Chat it will lean another way. I am honestly on the fence and can lean either way. Thanks........

There is a possibility that you can quickly flip the 488 Spider and profit from it; or enjoy it for 6 months likely for free and for very little loss. That's the allure of the F-cars although I am no expert on this at all. Others would know better on the 488 Spider market.

Don't take it the wrong way but for Ferrari or Lamborghini, it sounds like you have never owned either of their flagship V12 cars. So here is your chance. And keep in mind that an Aventador roadster would look far superior than any current Ferrari model (yes, this is a Lamborghini forum :) ). So as long as you don't mind the depreciation of the Aventador roadster when it's time to let it go, I'd say go for it and give it a try. It may not be as quick, as nimble and as rewarding than a V8 Ferrari or even the FE Gallardo (rewarding is relative and subjective), but nothing beats the presence of a scissors door V!2 Lamborghini, especially when it's a roadster.

My $0.02 worth...

as I was always told, at least once in your life you have to own a V12 Lamborghini, the open top just enhances that experience by 10, forget about the prancing donkey go the V12 :icon_thumleft:

this may help you...

I had a:

07 Gallardo

11 Gallardo SL

458 Spider

328 GTSi

2016 Viper ACR

Many Porsches...GT3, GT3 RS

NONE even remotely compare to the Aventador Roadster that I have now.

In the past I would get the car and then after a short period of time my mind would start thinking about 'whats next'. Since the Aventador came out I have always wanted to get one. I couldn't rationalize $500k+. Waited a bit and picked one up used with almost no miles. With the Aventador there really is no comparison. As much as I too love Ferrari there are no Ferraris other than their hyper cars that compares.

as I was always told, at least once in your life you have to own a V12 Lamborghini, the open top just enhances that experience by 10, forget about the prancing donkey go the V12 :icon_thumleft:

LMFAO....Prancing Donkey.......

this may help you...

I had a:

07 Gallardo

11 Gallardo SL

458 Spider

328 GTSi

2016 Viper ACR

Many Porsches...GT3, GT3 RS

NONE even remotely compare to the Aventador Roadster that I have now.

In the past I would get the car and then after a short period of time my mind would start thinking about 'whats next'. Since the Aventador came out I have always wanted to get one. I couldn't rationalize $500k+. Waited a bit and picked one up used with almost no miles. With the Aventador there really is no comparison. As much as I too love Ferrari there are no Ferraris other than their hyper cars that compares.

I strongly agree with your statement. I feel the 488 is a exotic car, where the Adventador is more a Super Car. I feel that my Final Edition gets more looks then my 458 Spider. I could only imagine driving a Adventador would be like.

I still think a prancing donkey and a cow in the garage together is a better combo.

Driving a Aventador is not that crazy because you can't see anyones face on the road, the car is too low and the seat is too high. LOL!

I still think a prancing donkey and a cow in the garage together is a better combo.

Driving a Aventador is not that crazy because you can't see anyones face on the road, the car is too low and the seat is too high. LOL!

My friend, you are doing it wrong, roadster is the answer :icon_mrgreen:

Just try not to be first in line when you stop at the lights with pedestrian crossings, people will come and look inside over the top and you will feel like a fish in a carbon fiber fish bowl LOL

I had a V8 Vantage, Gallardo Spyder, DBS Volante and have now 488 Spider, 458 Speciale, SV Roadster and Aventador Roadster and Aventador is the best experience for me. Even better with the roof off. Ferrari might be more agile, but Aventador is the best car on the market for me right now and I don't see anything better coming in this price range and with V12. I drove F12 for one day and wanted to be back in the Aventador as soon as possible.

:iamwithstupid:

Don't think you can handle an Aventador, stick with your Ferraris. :icon_mrgreen:

You know what my vote would be hands down.

I own a Ferrari Testarossa and a Murcielago Roadster. I also had a Diablo VT Roadster that was my daily driver 10 years. You really need to go V12 Lamborghini. Because I belong to a close knit group of Ferrari and Lamborghini owners here in Florida, I've tried everything. The Ferraris always feel agile, sleek but soft and boring.....especially the newer and newer you go.

A V12 Lamborghini is still a brutal car that's visceral and doesn't get boring after a few drives. I will say I found the 14' Aventador Roadster I test drove left me a little disappointed in that as a newer car it felt soft compared to my Diablo. It's even softer than my Murcielago but the Aventador styling in and out still makes my jaw drop....like a Diablo. Nothing else out there has that affect on me.

For what it's worth; my car history:

430 scud

458 speciale

f12

p1

675 coupe

675 spider

sv coupe

sv roadster

I've been on the fence about the 488. Most of my friends who have extensive car buying history basically say that 488 is a big upgrade in power over 458 but many bought the 488 to maintain or move up the ferrari line. They didn't necessarily buy it or keep it because they thought it was such a great car.

There is a possibility that you can quickly flip the 488 Spider and profit from it; or enjoy it for 6 months likely for free and for very little loss. That's the allure of the F-cars although I am no expert on this at all. Others would know better on the 488 Spider market.

Agree with this from a financial standpoint. If you are in the "Ferrari game" you can usually get the latest and greatest with little loss, if any, of any financial depreciation as you probably know.

But the question is what stirs your emotion, which may be irrational in decision.

I have wanted and still want a 458S. I love NA and last of its breed.

BUT Lambo announces the H Perf with "air-breaking" technology and smashing records at Green Hell so stupid me puts an order in on the car.....emotionally irrational.

My only thing on the AV Roadster is that it will continue to depreciate. If you're fine with that and your grin supercedes any financial rationale than by all means take the plunge.

I've had several ferraris including a 458 that I recently sold to buy an Aventador. I originally wanted a roadster but got a good deal on a coupe so I figured I'd enjoy the coupe until the roadsters come down a little more.

The Ferrari is nimble, precise, vigorous and twitchy. It feels a little nervous and restless but it's very responsive and fun to drive. It feels like a stallion that has been tamed. I was never in love with the looks of the 458. I'd go in the garage and look at it and while I thought it was pretty it had angles that weren't entirely satisfactory.

The Aventador is just a completely different car altogether. It looks absolutely insane. It's absolutely stunning from every angle and a show stopper wherever I go. It makes me excited to look at and get into. The car feels really masculine and brimming with confidence. It's a proper supercar. If you're an eccentric person it will fit you better than the Ferrari. It's more for people who enjoy being different in life. The power is simply brutal and in corsa mode it will blow you away every time. In the Ferrari I would laugh a little when I floored it and went through the first couple of gears. In the Aventador, when doing a run through the first couple of gears I am struck with a sense of thrill and excitement that is closer to a rollercoaster ride than the Ferrari. The single clutch gear box which I thought I would dislike actually makes me appreciate the car's brutal power even more. You really feel like you're trying to tame a bull.

I am in love with my Aventador.

My friend, you are doing it wrong, roadster is the answer :icon_mrgreen:

Just try not to be first in line when you stop at the lights with pedestrian crossings, people will come and look inside over the top and you will feel like a fish in a carbon fiber fish bowl LOL

Now I want to create an actual carbon fiber fish bowl. Damn you Fortis!