Aventador V10 + DCT

Fortis

V10  

41 members have voted

1. 1. V10

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Perhaps a topic worthy of Wheel's World LOL but here we go.

As the title says, how would you guys and girls feel if Lamborghini used the Huracan V10 running gear in the Aventador?

I know many here including myself would love to see a DCT in an Aventador but due to packaging issues that isn't possible, one way to make room is to drop two cylinders :shock:

Also in terms of pricing they could slot it above the Performante and under the Aventador S.

I am really curious to hear your thoughts, pros and cons.

As the title says, how would you guys and girls feel if Lamborghini used the Huracan V10 running gear in the Aventador?

I know many here including myself would love to see a DCT in an Aventador but due to packaging issues that isn't possible, one way to make room is to drop two cylinders :shock:

Also in terms of pricing they could slot it above the Performante and under the Aventador S.

I am really curious to hear your thoughts, pros and cons.

BAN!!! :lol2:

Some may argue the two share enough similarities. Styling ques and scissor doors aside, why would someone pay more for a V10 Aventador than a Huracan, or better yet a Performante?

Now if its a V10TT making 900+ hp then we're talking ;)

In all honesty lambo needs to make a way to fit the V12 with a DCT. It's competition is running away from it.

Lots of these purchases are influenced by styling, scissor doors, more aggressive design etc. Nobody complains about the motors, I personally think both V10 and V12 are sublime, the thing I don't like is the single clutch, don't get me wrong the single clutch suits the character of the V12 but I can't help it think how much better the Aventador would be if it had a DCT.

Definitely no turbos, they aren't needed, these cars need to stay NA.

Naturally Aspirated single clutch V12 as God intended is unbeatable. End of discussion :icon_mrgreen:

Naturally Aspirated single clutch V12 as God intended is unbeatable. End of discussion :icon_mrgreen:

What about a gated 6 speed, V12, rwd? :P

:icon_thumleft: violent neck snapping shifts is what I'm talking about! love the SV in corsa!

What about a gated 6 speed, V12, rwd? :P

You can have that in there if you wish...but the core is what remains the same :eusa_dance: Persoanlly I love the ISR and since I'm tall a manual would be a nightmare for me to use while driving.

Let's see let's see my friend :icon_mrgreen:

Indeed! :icon_thumleft:

:icon_thumleft: violent neck snapping shifts is what I'm talking about! love the SV in corsa!

YES :icon_super: :icon_super: :icon_super:

A V10/DCT Avy would need to be reimaged, similar to the GT3 vs 991 Turbo lineup. Same platform but wildly different cars. Dare to say I would put TT on the V10, give it 800-850hp and the DCT. Push more of a luxury and comfort outfit while still being insane.

Can they pull that off with the AVY structure, very difficult to say.

I love it in Corsa at speed but not the transition from 1st into 2nd, that moment of hesitation between engagements drives me up the wall :icon_mrgreen:

Is the car being raped, though?

....with 87 octane. ;) :lol2:

I think I'm on the same page with Fortis on this one. When I first saw the Murcielago, it didn't quite do it for me. When I saw the LP640, I was in awe. I feel different today about the two variations, but when I first heard of a Lamborghini Flagship successor to the Murcielago, I was upset but optimistic for what was to come.

I remember when I saw the Aventador, I thought it was gorgeous. It was everything that I'd hoped it would be. It's an incredible car in every way, but I still feel that it is too big. Look at a Countach LP400S. It still carries as much presence on the road as the Aventador, but is much smaller in feel. (And, yes, I know DOT laws prevent such a car from being built again).

After seeing many different Lamborghini's, some side by side after the last few days, this post makes so much more sense. The Aventador is a very heavy car at 4100 pounds, give or take. That's MONSTROUS for something that's made almost completely out of carbon fiber. That V12 is YUUUGE! I think a smaller scaled Aventador would still have a lot of presence on the road, but with a V10, it would be even more nimble and just as scary if not more. Of course, it'd need more horsepower than the Huracan, but it's not impossible. I know of stroked BMW 6 liter V10 engines with almost 700 HP. I think it would have been interesting to see Lamborghini building the V10 Hybrid Aventador that they did, but think it still would have been too big and heavy. A V10 Aventador with 680 HP 6.0 liter V10 and DCT on a very slightly smaller scale would have been terrifyingly awesome, IMHO.

A V10/DCT Avy would need to be reimaged, similar to the GT3 vs 991 Turbo lineup. Same platform but wildly different cars. Dare to say I would put TT on the V10, give it 800-850hp and the DCT. Push more of a luxury and comfort outfit while still being insane.

Can they pull that off with the AVY structure, very difficult to say.

I think the V10 will easily fit in there, I agree it will change the character of the car.

It might sound a little harsh on Lambo, but if Ferrari can fit a DCT + V12 + batteries + electric motors + inboard suspension on a car then they need to find a way to at least do the V12 + DCT. It's clearly possible and only not done due to the cost of having to remake the carbon cell to make room. I think we can expect it for the Avy replacement.

Flagship needs a V12.

End of.

:iamwithstupid:

V10 can have a million HP in theory, but it's still not a V12.

As for the single vs. dual clutch, at this point I can see the argument for the dual clutch on all exotics.

NA V112 with the single plate clutch has a character no other car has. Nothing feels like the big bulls... Countach, Diablo, Murci, Avent.. they have a character. I swapped a buddy for his 599 on a windy back road.. after 5 minutes I wanted to switch back and he wanted to buy my Murci. The Huracan is a great techno car like the 911, McLaren etc. But the big V12 Lambos are a hypercar statement. I honestly couldn't give a shit about millisecond shift speeds and track times... for those guys there are a million options. Heck a tuned GTR will roast everything in that department. If anything (in my opinion of course) they should make an Avent with a manual trans, stripped out cockpit (no nav and tft) but that will never happen

I mentioned this in the other thread, the only way I can see this being ok is if the V10 is a hybrid of some sort with MUCH higher HP then the standard V10

Werent there already test mules of the aventador with this engine. Perhaps with batteries?

I mentioned this in the other thread, the only way I can see this being ok is if the V10 is a hybrid of some sort with MUCH higher HP then the standard V10

Werent there already test mules of the aventador with this engine. Perhaps with batteries?

I think we will see that combo in the Urus.

NA V112 with the single plate clutch has a character no other car has. Nothing feels like the big bulls... Countach, Diablo, Murci, Avent.. they have a character. I swapped a buddy for his 599 on a windy back road.. after 5 minutes I wanted to switch back and he wanted to buy my Murci. The Huracan is a great techno car like the 911, McLaren etc. But the big V12 Lambos are a hypercar statement. I honestly couldn't give a shit about millisecond shift speeds and track times... for those guys there are a million options. Heck a tuned GTR will roast everything in that department. If anything (in my opinion of course) they should make an Avent with a manual trans, stripped out cockpit (no nav and tft) but that will never happen

I agree with you the V12 is glorious but it really outshines the box which IMO is the weakest link, I am sure they can tune a DCT to give you those violent shifts, we come to like, with butter like transitions.