best cities in the country to live in

OVI

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just come back to Orlando and be done with it :D Seriously though, it depends on so many things and personal preferences. I love this area with young kids and I don't see myself moving anytime soon.

West Orlando ;)

That is one of the reasons I did not want to live in North Orlando but it depends on where you work and your work hours. If you're part of the rush hour crowd, then stay far away from the I4. I live in an area where I hardly ever need to get on the I4 and it's great.

Yes, I4 Ultimate is the project to ine widen the road and I hope it will resolve a lot of the issues with congestion but I have my reservations http://i4ultimate.com/project-info/

I live in a borderline between Altamonte Springs and Longwood. I find this area safe, stable, calm and thriving. The traffic does not make me feel exhausted. I know "busy" times and try to avoid that congestion problems. When you live in a particular area then you can master skills how easy to reach any destination.

Windermere, Dr. Phillips, Gotha are worthwhile to live. But I do not want to compare the Apple and the Orange. ;)

As a big advantage of living in North Orlando it is a good opportunity to stop by in Lamborghini Dealership to have a cup of coffee with that nice team.

P.S. My house is 3 miles away from Lamborghini Orlando.

I've been there, beautiful but not my type of living. I currently live in uptown Dallas. The thing I dislike most about Dallas is the lack of scenery and things to do outside. No beaches or mountain. You drive 8 hours and you're still in Texas. I moved here from Boston and loved the accessibility but you sure can't beat the opportunities and cost of living here.

? 70 miles from lake Texoma and Oklahoma.

Don't worry Irvine is about as red state as California gets. You'll blend in fine. You should also look at CDM and Newport which are just down the street.

actually Bakersfield and Brawley are REALLY red state. Farm land and all.

actually Bakersfield and Brawley are REALLY red state. Farm land and all.

To be fair, im betting nobody on this board wants to get gas in those places, let alone live there.

I just moved to Miami from being born and raised in NY. I love it here but after spending a year in Miami, I realize I want to move up towards Ft. Lauderdale/Boca. Im from Westchester which is a suburb on NYC, I feel like a move to FTL/Boca will be the same suburb type situation from Miami.

Just moved back to LA from London and love it but i doubt i'll end up here - i am already disliking the tax situation but as a few others have mentioned the political situation is incredibly irritating:

The major difference is that in the UK people are largely silent sufferers and mutter behind closed doors. Here everyone has a fcuking opinion and flaunts it in your face under the impression that you're in agreement with them. I've lost count how many employees, customers and random people within public places try to talk about their beliefs and try to push it on you.

Just moved back to LA from London and love it but i doubt i'll end up here - i am already disliking the tax situation but as a few others have mentioned the political situation is incredibly irritating:

The major difference is that in the UK people are largely silent sufferers and mutter behind closed doors. Here everyone has a fcuking opinion and flaunts it in your face under the impression that you're in agreement with them. I've lost count how many employees, customers and random people within public places try to talk about their beliefs and try to push it on you.

You ain't going nowhere fool.

To be fair, im betting nobody on this board wants to get gas in those places, let alone live there.

haha, true, but it was a "red state as they get" reply.

I just got back from another 4 days in Scottsdale. I cant wait to get out of California. Everything, from traffic, recreational activities, peoples mindset is night and day from California.

Hey Allan!

Just wondering, what made you move from Arizona to Cali? Just bored or? Would you move back?

Im working on moving back.

Im working on moving back.

What is the range in Scottsdale for a 5-6ksq ft on at least an acre with 3-4 car garage and sweet pool in a secure hood? Did you keep your old one with that huge pool project as a rental or did you sell?

I just moved to Miami from being born and raised in NY. I love it here but after spending a year in Miami, I realize I want to move up towards Ft. Lauderdale/Boca. Im from Westchester which is a suburb on NYC, I feel like a move to FTL/Boca will be the same suburb type situation from Miami.

you are 100% correct! I was born in Miami and moved 45min north, but some people will never leave the MIA.

What is the range in Scottsdale for a 5-6ksq ft on at least an acre with 3-4 car garage and sweet pool in a secure hood? Did you keep your old one with that huge pool project as a rental or did you sell?

Yes, I kept that home. Plan on moving back to it. Its pretty much as you described, 5200 sq ft , 1 level , 1.5 acres , 4 car garage , gated community of 12 custom homes.. approx 2mill.

We looked at a toll.brothers community model this weekend in Troon. Base home 4k.sq ft about 1.2 mill. The model of that home with all options was 2.7 mill.

Roman, here are a few pics of the model home we looked at for 2.7 Mill.

Everything on the home is an upgrade, additional sq footage, fountains in front, baci ball court, fountains in back, entire yard, 2.5 acres etc...

20170228_124446_resized.jpg

20170228_124457_resized.jpg

20170228_124502_resized.jpg

20170228_124549_resized.jpg

20170228_124606_resized.jpg

20170228_124614_resized.jpg

20170228_124943_resized.jpg

20170228_124951_resized.jpg

20170228_125018_resized.jpg

HAHA that is so true. Those are definitely drive through areas.

Damn Allan that house is stunning! What is your timeline on moving?

BTW you guys brought me to consider SOFL again. Now keeping that in consideration too. Just had a meeting with my accountant to make sure I don't get butt raped on the sales when I move so this is happening right on schedule.

That house is sweet for mass builder like toll bros. They have a high 2's 3mill Toll bros community by me and although large homes the finishes and styles are ass for the money. Looks like they hooked that model up. I envy the weather out there.

Roman, here are a few pics of the model home we looked at for 2.7 Mill.

Everything on the home is an upgrade, additional sq footage, fountains in front, baci ball court, fountains in back, entire yard, 2.5 acres etc...

That's a really nice home, but you will be literally able to date it to the month it was built by the interior finishes. Love the distant mountain view. That covered patio is awesome.

HAHA that is so true. Those are definitely drive through areas.

Damn Allan that house is stunning! What is your timeline on moving?

BTW you guys brought me to consider SOFL again. Now keeping that in consideration too. Just had a meeting with my accountant to make sure I don't get butt raped on the sales when I move so this is happening right on schedule.

Hopefully move as soon as possible!