Help with my Perfy spec

JohnN

So what does a relatively nicely spec'ed Perf MSRP for (say center lock wheels, sport seats, nav, BT, nice color calipers, upcharge paint)? $325k?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is correct more or less it Peter.

Ok guys. Don't be mad. Lol. Is Blu cealum with red calipers and red accents on interior with bronze rims to match manifold fucked?

No...I don't think so. It think the bronze compliments the blue perfectly. I think Yellow would be less of a gamble, but overall I still think it would look good. We all know the blue and red looks great together as seen on many SV's. IMHO the wheels can be a completely different color and look fine, like most silver wheels are on colorful cars.

That is correct more or less it Peter.

Ok guys. Don't be mad. Lol. Is Blu cealum with red calipers and red accents on interior with bronze rims to match manifold fucked?

Not at all but I think blue should be mixed with yellow, this coming from a guy who LOVES black with red accents interiors and highly dislikes yellow exteriors, I was reluctant but with my SV I took advise from few pros including my wife :icon_mrgreen: and I couldn't be happier with a blue/black/yellow combo.

For what this is worth, if the sport seats ARE the same as a 570SL, I too love them.

I am 5'11" and 215lbs. Athletic build and big chest and back. I fit snug and love the look of them.

That said, on a road trip longer than an hour, my body will start to remind me that they are not exactly how I would have angled the seat back.

Good luck, and no matter what you do, enjoy it.

Mike

Ok, way back in 2004, LPDADDY & I had the only 2 Blu Caelum Gallardo's in our country and a few years back I almost ordered the Av roadster in B.C. when Blu Nethuns was considered being dropped so I have plenty of experience with B.C.

IMO, red calipers aren't good with B.C. Red calipers only work on a lighter blue; I think Blu Le Mans is the threshold; any darker blue won't work and B.C. is rather dark. The point of having red calipers is to make them stand out. B.C. + red calipers + bronze wheels have too many colours; the red will be lost. Yellow calipers & stitching will work better. If you are daring, go for Arancio calipers with Arancio inverted stitching inside. This also compliments the bronze wheels and engine while achieving the popping out effect.

Keep in mind also that the tribute to the Diablo on the bronze engine is applicable to the 6.0SE only; all other Diablo engines are silver and that includes the 6.0 (non SE); some engine had red "pinstripes" on top. The 6.0SE only had 2 colours: gold & metallic brown. Both will compliment the bronze engine nicely since all 3 are within the same colour hue. For the P where the sky is the limit on the exterior colours, one needs to careful as not all will compliment the bronze engine. And that shade of bronze is very different from the 6.0SE. The P's bronze has a beige hue from it whereas the 6.0SE has a green hue from it.

The 1993 Diablo SE30 also came with gold/bronze:

diase4.jpg

On the Diablo 6.0 SE the central cover became silver:

dia60se80.jpg

Strangely the press car for the Murciélago LP640 also came with gold/bronze engine parts, but I don't remember seeing a production car with other than black

mur640_14.jpg

Thank you LamboCars. I stand corrected! :turboalex: Totally forgotten about the other Diablo SE.

Also correct about the Murci series; don't renember coming across a production model with a bronze engine at all.

I went back to the dealer yesterday. Nothing has really changed in their computer as far as options/info from before the Geneva show. I thought stuff would be added/changed. Nothing.

So, I accomplished nothing in that visit yesterday. Other than playing with the configurator and seeing some different options. They did send me the 2017 options list with the Perf included there as well as the 50 page thing. Grinding through that this weekend. I hopefully can get an LP color combo/option spec approved soon and get this done. :)

What I do is sift through autotrader of all the Huracans and pick through the different combos to try and land on something.

As far as having a low option "cheap" H to keep cost down, I'm over that. I will just get the color and options I like best at this point. It is taking me way too long to lock something down, so now I want to just go all out.

All I know is I need to decide asap and get the order in, so they start making it. If the car gets here much after Labor Day, I know I will be a bit annoyed at that. I'm feeling every day counts now...

[All I know is I need to decide asap and get the order in, so they start making it. If the car gets here much after Labor Day, I know I will be a bit annoyed at that. I'm feeling every day counts now...

My 580 took 4 months and definitely get at least the Stereo. I think it was worth the money, you can hear it over the motor unlike the std one in my '13 G.

I agree the parking sensors look bogus but they are part of some other package, I should have tried to delete them. Dealer did say those sensors are deal killer at resale, he said most guys can't back these cars up. Go figure....

[All I know is I need to decide asap and get the order in, so they start making it. If the car gets here much after Labor Day, I know I will be a bit annoyed at that. I'm feeling every day counts now...

My 580 took 4 months and definitely get at least the Stereo. I think it was worth the money, you can hear it over the motor unlike the std one in my '13 G.

I agree the parking sensors look bogus but they are part of some other package, I should have tried to delete them. Dealer did say those sensors are deal killer at resale, he said most guys can't back these cars up. Go figure....

Lol... Dealers told me twice that ordering a manual transmission was a "deal killer at resale" when I ordered both Lamborghinis with a manual transmission.

Don't believe their nonsense !

Only issue with bronze wheels is that it is not centerlock (if you want that)

Also depends on what style wheel you want. I went with Loge style for more caliper exposure, along with red centerlocks.

I'll have the wheels bronzed at dealer.

41A32A1F-36A2-4A1F-BD20-2675DC4816E4_zps

Lol... Dealers told me twice that ordering a manual transmission was a "deal killer at resale" when I ordered both Lamborghinis with a manual transmission.

Dealers never lie...

Just out of curiousity, what two cars did you order with a manual?

They were a deal killer, they were sitting on the showroom floors and couldn't be given away now things turned but unfortunately most dealers don't have crystal balls :icon_mrgreen:

Porsche is offering manuals again for their GT3 range, I am very curious to see how many will actually buy one.

I prefer the colour of these centrelock wheels over the gloss black centrelock wheels.

You might be pleased to know that one more colour is now available from the factory: gold.

You might be pleased to know that one more colour is now available from the factory: gold.

Dude are you serious?? Where'd you hear this?

I assume it will match the engine manifolds?

Dude are you serious?? Where'd you hear this?

I assume it will match the engine manifolds?

Absolutely serious and sure my friend. I did not hear this; I saw it with my own eyes; I was in Geneva.

These pics were taken from a pop-up Ad Personam studio behind the Lamborghini stand. Not the same shade as the P's engine top though.

You can have the H's profile/logo laser-cut onto your door panel as well. You can even have an "Iron Man" themed car. :icon_mrgreen: Those are 24K gold leaf btw. :rolleyes:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Holyyyy crappppppppp ^^^^

I have to rethink spec'g mine.

Problem is if I do too much Ad Personam, it delays delivery

exactly :(

If you guys are going to keep the car for a while, I would think it's worth the wait. Some of those AP options are killer. Nice to see things heading to the McLaren level of customization.

If green carbon is available, I'm assuming other tints are available as well? Are any of the Perf body panels made of carbon?