Girl new to the world of Lambo

Saiy.Y

To paraphrase a famous video, what we have here is either a unicorn or a dude, best thread on Lambopower for ages. :eusa_clap:

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeff....last thing I need is anyone pulling my last name and working through public channels to find my address etc. I hope you understand and respect that. I am all for good fun discussing and being transparent about myself but there is a level of privacy i don't choose to maintain for safety. Yes I just made my Linkedin private as I was surprised to see you went so far as to find my personal details on my full name and exact location in SF. Can we focus on Italian bulls now? Enough of this bull.... :)

Sai

You're feigning an attempt at internet fame and you want to remain private? Those two things are as far from symbiotic as green peace and race gas.

Wow.... 12 pages because a "girl" bought a Lamborghini... despite the fact that there are several women on here that are very successful and have not drawn attention to their gender. I think its impressive if a man or woman can earn the success at that age to buy a Lamborghini.. good for them and my hats off. Any person who educates themselves and works hard deserves to enjoy the finer things in life. If she can afford an SV she surely has enough for other cars like the GTR.. most of us have more than one. I wonder if the thread of Tiago getting a TT Gallardo will reach 12 pages?

"I was on the software side in health tech with an early startup and found the experience rewarding in a number of ways (CS was part of roots). I have lots of ideas for what's next. My world was rocked by a very close personal loss to cancer when I was as a teen which lit a fire in me to make a big contribution to the medical field. My vision has been to do it from the health tech/med device side. Lots of ideas in my head I am sorting through that will likely guide my next adventure "

1. Got your BME degree to make a big contribution to the medical field, and possibly help fight the war on Cancer.

2. Within 6 months of getting your degree you struck it rich and became self-made

3. Now you all the sudden see the importance of inspiring women to drive cool cars.

This board is very unforgiving to things that are not on the up and up. There are guys on here that are very good at getting down to the truth, and they will. I can assure you there has been hesitation from a lot of people because you are a girl. If this had been a guy in this exact same scenario, he would be hung from his toenails by now. But in time it will all flush out.

For your sake I hope you have portrayed yourself accurately. If not, your plan whether positive or self rewarding, will fail miserably.

Sometimes its better just to be forthcoming and acknowledge that there is someone that is supporting your hopes and dreams. That is a sign of respect/appreciation to your family, or whomever it may be. Otherwise it is a show of disrespect to them and your audience.

Being a young girl that loves and understands cars as you do is impressive enough to others that share the same passion.

Wow.... 12 pages because a "girl" bought a Lamborghini... despite the fact that there are several women on here that are very successful and have not drawn attention to their gender. I think its impressive if a man or woman can earn the success at that age to buy a Lamborghini.. good for them and my hats off. Any person who educates themselves and works hard deserves to enjoy the finer things in life. If she can afford an SV she surely has enough for other cars like the GTR.. most of us have more than one. I wonder if the thread of Tiago getting a TT Gallardo will reach 12 pages?

I don't really think 'girl' is the whole thing. I think if any really young person came out with the same intro and then more info like what was found there would be doubt cast.

I am still on the fence and it has nothing to do with the gender of Sai.

Yup. I think you missed a few actually.....I have been pretty transparent on these past 12 pages (how 12 pages..idk) that I am starting up a Youtube channel/presence as a megaphone to inspire other women. Part of the process is getting involved in discussions in the relative subject matter and integrating with the various communities, each of which has its own character. I am sure many of you are on multiple boards as well and appreciate how the character of each board is different. It's so different talking about my GTR on GTR forums vs. the incoming SV on Lambo forums and fun as well :)

Sai

You're feigning an attempt at internet fame and you want to remain private? Those two things are as far from symbiotic as green peace and race gas.

Private in terms of my last name and address. Sure. How is that not the norm to have some levels of protections? Let's not be silly.....most people here don't post their address, place of employment and full names for a reason.

Now, I'm confused

Enjoy whatever cars you own......and being a woman too.

I'm sure both are fun

I'm not sure which is more fun. The have a feeling the Lambo experience will give the female side a run for its money :)

Sai

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY9...615k5ElVuFFbmw

Follow me on Instagram: hey_sai_y

"I was on the software side in health tech with an early startup and found the experience rewarding in a number of ways (CS was part of roots). I have lots of ideas for what's next. My world was rocked by a very close personal loss to cancer when I was as a teen which lit a fire in me to make a big contribution to the medical field. My vision has been to do it from the health tech/med device side. Lots of ideas in my head I am sorting through that will likely guide my next adventure "

1. Got your BME degree to make a big contribution to the medical field, and possibly help fight the war on Cancer.

2. Within 6 months of getting your degree you struck it rich and became self-made

3. Now you all the sudden see the importance of inspiring women to drive cool cars.

This board is very unforgiving to things that are not on the up and up. There are guys on here that are very good at getting down to the truth, and they will. I can assure you there has been hesitation from a lot of people because you are a girl. If this had been a guy in this exact same scenario, he would be hung from his toenails by now. But in time it will all flush out.

For your sake I hope you have portrayed yourself accurately. If not, your plan whether positive or self rewarding, will fail miserably.

Sometimes its better just to be forthcoming and acknowledge that there is someone that is supporting your hopes and dreams. That is a sign of respect/appreciation to your family, or whomever it may be. Otherwise it is a show of disrespect to them and your audience.

Being a young girl that loves and understands cars as you do is impressive enough to others that share the same passion.

I highly recommend everything this man says.

I also recommend you send him your cell phone number, as he has just purchased an impressive new Rolex, and he likes to text pics of it to fellow Lamborghini owners.

Just to provide a little insight....i am not claiming to have "struck it rich in 6 month" or sudden woken up and loved cars. In all seriousness, read back through the many posts here and my forthcoming reasons for being open now. I never felt comfortable or encouraged and have taken a massive step to be open about it. It's not encouraged from a gender and cultural point of view for the position I am in. Too much focus shifted to how I could afford anything of such value, which I find to be a distraction - How and when I earned what I earned financially is immaterial to this effort and discussion. I expected, when I decided to start this effort, that this would not be an easy road. I went down a similar road as a female in tech and engineering and persevered - how often was I told this isn't the marketing department or are you here for an admin need....how quickly things change when one opens their mouth and let's their actions, intelligence, wit and personality speak for them.

Thank you for encouraging me in your last line to share my passion. I am excited to share everyday use of these cars and to explore my passion for most things automotive. :)

Sai

I think that when this post started, it was started for the wrong reasons. I don't remember Cake coming on here screaming from the hills, flaunting a YouTube channel, and other things of s spurious nature, self promoting her womanhood. When that happened, my radar went off, and I have now got a healthy dose of skepticism. I am by no means saying that Sai isn't legit, time will tell with that. I will say that banging the "I'm a girl, look at me" drum made everyone skeptical (as well as the age issue, that was a big one). I like to believe, so until someone proves her wrong, I am good. That said, this forum has an uncanny ability to sniff out and expose people trying to be something that they are not. I am wondering if the SVR is going to have a "musical exhaust" or "far from it".

Sai, I enjoy your enthusiasm. I think it is very cool. I hope when your car comes you drive the shit out of it, the way it was meant to be driven. Congrats on the success, that is what this country is all about. On the off chance your story isn't legit, and I might make a suggestion, this isn't the place to hang about. If it is legit, warm welcome to the forum, it is HANDS DOWN the best Lamborghini forum, and just a regular place to discuss any kind of topic or bullshit around, that I have come across.

Private in terms of my last name and address. Sure. How is that not the norm to have some levels of protections? Let's not be silly.....most people here don't post their address, place of employment and full names for a reason.

You're missing the point. Those people also aren't going to every available 6th degree car forum with a ctrl-v LOOK AT ME!! ! ! ! ! post.

I like to remain private... Look at my username, as such it's pretty easy for me. But I do know a number of people here (who I trust) personally, it's all a vetting process. I also don't seek any kind of validation from having random people watch videos I make in my backyard.

Unfortunately, unless you go to very great lengths, it's pretty easy to find your name, and with that a vast amount of other information about anyone.

When you go out looking for attention don't be shocked when you get it... but you don't get to control what type of attention that is.

I'm surprised that any of this is even a little bit surprising to you, it's internet 101.

PS, investigate the signature feature.

I also recommend you send him your cell phone number, as he has just purchased an impressive new Rolex, and he likes to text pics of it to fellow Lamborghini owners.

:shock: :lol2:

I think that when this post started, it was started for the wrong reasons. I don't remember Cake coming on here screaming from the hills, flaunting a YouTube channel, and other things of s spurious nature, self promoting her womanhood. When that happened, my radar went off, and I have now got a healthy dose of skepticism. I am by no means saying that Sai isn't legit, time will tell with that. I will say that banging the "I'm a girl, look at me" drum made everyone skeptical (as well as the age issue, that was a big one). I like to believe, so until someone proves her wrong, I am good. That said, this forum has an uncanny ability to sniff out and expose people trying to be something that they are not. I am wondering if the SVR is going to have a "musical exhaust" or "far from it".

Sai, I enjoy your enthusiasm. I think it is very cool. I hope when your car comes you drive the shit out of it, the way it was meant to be driven. Congrats on the success, that is what this country is all about. On the off chance your story isn't legit, and I might make a suggestion, this isn't the place to hang about. If it is legit, warm welcome to the forum, it is HANDS DOWN the best Lamborghini forum, and just a regular place to discuss any kind of topic or bullshit around, that I have come across.

Fair points. I will definitely not be making the SV roadster a garage queen - I never could understand the point of that. I understand the depreciation argument etc, but we are buying these cars to enjoy the adrenaline rush and fun of the experience of driving them right? Biggest challenge is gong to be the learning curve of driving it to the level that I aspire to. :)

Sai

I highly recommend everything this man says.

haha :)

Sai

You're missing the point. Those people also aren't going to every available 6th degree car forum with a ctrl-v LOOK AT ME!! ! ! ! ! post.

I like to remain private... Look at my username, as such it's pretty easy for me. But I do know a number of people here (who I trust) personally, it's all a vetting process. I also don't seek any kind of validation from having random people watch videos I make in my backyard.

Unfortunately, unless you go to very great lengths, it's pretty easy to find your name, and with that a vast amount of other information about anyone.

When you go out looking for attention don't be shocked when you get it... but you don't get to control what type of attention that is.

I'm surprised that any of this is even a little bit surprising to you, it's internet 101.

PS, investigate the signature feature.

:shock: :lol2:

:) All good points - I agree. Thanks for the insight. Signature - I will look into that - thanks for the suggestion!!

I'll give you props on the youtube channels... we've had so many drives with so many cool cars, stayed in so may amazing places and hotels... eaten at some phenomenal restaurants.. kick myself for not sharing

I really hope this is all true, it makes for a hell of a story!

this is more entertaining than the old UG vs Heff threads lolol ;)

I'll give you props on the youtube channels... we've had so many drives with so many cool cars, stayed in so may amazing places and hotels... eaten at some phenomenal restaurants.. kick myself for not sharing

Sounds amazing!!! I can't wait!!!

Sai

Isnt the whole Chick Driven IG, and videos one step ahead of this venture? She was lucky to have access to BC's stable....