Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When will this be available? Does anyone have an idea?

My guys told me 2 years out still. 10 year model cycle so they've got to stretch this thing until 2022 or so. I will buy it for sure, and so will you :turboalex:

My guys told me 2 years out still. 10 year model cycle so they've got to stretch this thing until 2022 or so. I will buy it for sure, and so will you :turboalex:

1st cab off the rank at my dealer :icon_thumleft:

Hello guys! I am new here. However I have been following this topic for a while. And my take on it is this: This will be a Geneva 2018 release because the Urus will have been out for three months when the show starts and the Huracán Performante Spyder is really just a convertible version of a car we all know and love.

Geneva is the biggest show for Lamborghini and why not use it to show the biggest, the baddest car of them all there? This could potentially make Paris the home to both the Perf Spyder and the new SV (or what ever it will be called) Roadster.

About the actual car: I think Lamborghini will bump up the power by at least 50 hp like they did in the LP750-4 SV. So we are talking close to 800 hp. RWS will be on it for sure and the ALA system as well. From a little digging I can tell you a few things. The side vent will be a different shape. It also appears to stand out a bit more to allow more air to get in. The side skirt will be more like the Huracán Super Trofeo and just in front of the front wheel we seem to have some kind of aero-trickery like you have on the Veneno ... The bonnet will feature intakes and the rest is pretty clear. We know the back very well. But it seems to have a spoiler too judging by this picture from South Africa.

Latest spy shot

I am looking forward to seeing this topic grow. Share any spy shots you guys find. I will do my best naturally to share what I find and hear :)

The car was spotted a few days ago in Namibia. There is a short video on Instagram of it.

In this video the car is not very revealing. But there is however a few things I saw.

1: The side blades on the side are HUGE! And so are the ones infront of the front wheels.

2: The base of the shark fin seems to have some kind of hole in it. I am thinking this is some kind of ALA inlet and that the fin si maybe a spoiler mounting point?

3: The vents or intakes in the front are pretty visable if you pause at the right time. The are located on each side of the Lamborghini badge.

Hope you guys like my effort I put in to stalk this car. There is not a lot of action in this thread which is unfortunate ...

Spotted in Namibia

Ska_rmavbild_2017_12_15_kl._18.10.00.png

• 3 weeks later...
Might put a holding deposit down with Anthony and see how i fair. You keeping the SV?

I will make a call on the SV after I get the Performante

I heard from a friend who is getting an Aventador S soon and thought about buying this hotter version too, that this one will be really expensive. I asked him if he would tell me just how expensive, but he did not say. To me it sounded like it was going to be more expensive than say the LP750-4 SV when it was released compared to the LP700. But I don't really know. Do any of you guys have any idea at all?

I asked my dealer about putting a deposit down and this what I was told;

1. Going to be very limited.

2. Allocation will be very tight so right now SV owners will get the first shot to get one.

3. Might be previewed end of this year with deliveries in Q3 2019.

4. No information on pricing.

Take the above with a grain of salt because even my dealer said they have very limited information at this point.

Thank you all :) I hope your dealer is wrong about the "Previewed at the end of this year". I am hoping for a Geneva launch since I am going there! But the rest seems cool. I wonder what very limited means though :)

Thank you all :) I hope your dealer is wrong about the "Previewed at the end of this year". I am hoping for a Geneva launch since I am going there! But the rest seems cool. I wonder what very limited means though :)

There is no way you will see it at the Geneva show.

Oh I see. I was hoping they would go the Diablo way more. To launch a SV 2.0 (which would be this car) earlier. And then just before the successor comes they would do a final monster. But if these things are true then that idea would be impossible.

signed up for this beast!!!!!!!!! :eusa_dance:

That is amazing for you! I am seriously jealous. THe rear of it looks amazing even in camo. What did the dealer know about the car when you put down your name for one? Signing up for exclusive things magically makes sales staff remember a lot of secret details ;)

That is amazing for you! I am seriously jealous. THe rear of it looks amazing even in camo. What did the dealer know about the car when you put down your name for one? Signing up for exclusive things magically makes sales staff remember a lot of secret details ;)

not much info yet.. ill share info as I receive it! all I know is it will be very limited which is all I need to hear lol

not much info yet.. ill share info as I receive it! all I know is it will be very limited which is all I need to hear lol

Looking forward to hearing more :D!

I am first in line here I hope for more than just a SV with rear wheel steering.

I am first in line here I hope for more than just a SV with rear wheel steering.

I think it is a total waste of money for you to get a newer version . You won’t be able to tell the difference in performance and what you have right now is just perfect , to spend the xtra money for a revised version of your present car is silly in my opinion

I think it is a total waste of money for you to get a newer version . You won’t be able to tell the difference in performance and what you have right now is just perfect , to spend the xtra money for a revised version of your present car is silly in my opinion

To spend the money on the current car was silly to spend the money on the new one is just a bit more silliness :icon_mrgreen:

You only live once why not enjoy if you can?

Sold. I will have close to 80k miles on my SV by the time this comes out though .... so I may end up owning all lambo models (urus; hurican and Av) spreading miles between them all .... waiting for the new monster. I wont buy off brand. Keeping it loyal for so many good reasons

RWS made a huge difference to the way the Aventador felt according to the tests I've read and seen. And add the ALA system which clearly works well on the Huracán. I think this car will be a monster.

amen brother! I heard good things so lets see what happens!