Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

Same here, 3 more years, at 45 I am done, time to play, you only live once what’s the point in just accumulating.

When are you coming to Europe??

Smart move, I really haven’t worked since I was 41, just turned 51.

How many more cars I never drive do I need? Or watches I don’t wear piled up in the bank vault?

Time and waking up everyday when I want to is much more important to me, and The travel around the world is great. For me. I like new places.

Chasing more $$$ I don’t need isn’t high on the list, when easy money pops up or I have to do a deal, sure I go to work. But not on the “build the empire mode” ever again.

Life is good.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many more cars I never drive do I need? Or watches I don’t wear piled up in the bank vault?

Time and waking up everyday when I want to is much more important to me, and The travel around the world is great. For me. I like new places.

Chasing more $$$ I don’t need isn’t high on the list, when easy money pops up or I have to do a deal, sure I go to work. But not on the “build the empire mode” ever again.

Life is good.

:icon_thumleft:

Life is good.

Time is irreplaceable.

I'm sort of torn on this, new is almost always better but performance wise it is irrelevant its just about the feel and looks now really, all the cars are too fast for me to use properly on the road.

Four wheel steering is great for driving feel in a big car

Active aero great but possibly irrelevant to me really and i hate the composite carbon look so i really hope they don't go with that

Just not sure it is enough to swap an SV i have setup how i like as major issue for me is that the new model will be hot on its heels and could be a game changer.

Also being told i may not get one as severely limited and it is starting to annoy me that i have to suck up to a dealer to spend a lot of money when i have bought and held rather than flipped every model over the last 10 years. Guess dealers like turnover but there is some seriously dodgy business practices here for allocation of special cars with people ending up with them that never should get them and then sell immediately.

I think i'm getting old

You should get one, that’s ridiculous, maybe you should become a youtuber :eusa_wall:

Very true, it also flies extremely fast.

The older you get, it seems to fly even faster.

Life is good.

The most valuable thing for me is having the freedom to do whatever I want whenever I want, sleep in if I wanted or go to work if I feel like it, having that freedom is crucial, that’s the reason why I only build passive income streams I have no interest in running businesses, I could build up business which could double my revenue but that meanes that I will have to give up my freedom and I will not sacrifice that, that’s my most important commodity.

Many told me, just employ managers, delegate etc. I don’t think so, if I want something done right I have to do it myself.

Employing people that I will have to make sure they do their job properly only adds stress, stress I don’t need in my life.

I was broke and very happy now I have more than enough I am pretty sure I can be happy.

I don’t need 3 or 4 cars and more of the same, what for? Most of the time I don’t have the opportunity to drive the one I have. Also you become desensitized to it, I look at the SV and think nice car but that’s about it, you don’t feel the same level of excitement, the other day I took somebody for a drive and he couldn’t contain his excitement, it was quite amusing to see because I lost that years ago, he said it must be the best day of your life every time you take this out, I didn’t want to sound like a dick and told him that it was very cool in actual fact I wanted to tell him that it’s become normal and far from the best day of my life but that would’ve crushed his soul LOL

Anyway we digress, I am sure that regardless of what we are all saying now when Lambo brings the next big V12 we will all be there saying SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY :lol2:

The older you get, it seems to fly even faster.

That’s what I was going to say LOL the trick is to wake up very early and go to sleep late, 5 AM to 11 PM or later, the day seems much longer :icon_mrgreen:

For the guys that placed a deposit. Do you know if this is THE absolute last "special edition Aventador" or are they gonna have 7 more versions? I would place a deposit today but I am interested in the absolute last outgoing version, similar to how the Diablo 6.0 SE or the 670SV.

For the guys that placed a deposit. Do you know if this is THE absolute last "special edition Aventador" or are they gonna have 7 more versions? I would place a deposit today but I am interested in the absolute last outgoing version, similar to how the Diablo 6.0 SE or the 670SV.

I think that if the car is shown late this year to VIP and maybe Geneva 2019 for the public that it would be the last of the Aventador. But if Lamborghini decides to pull the cover in a few months then I think we could have another version coming ... Time will tell!

The last Special Edition is the next Special Edition :lol2:

I just spoke to two different GMs at two of the top dealerships which i have a great relationship with in the US and both said "even though we know there is something special coming, we have no confirmation, information, price, literally anything. And one of them just came from the factory. They said yes it is very common for dealerships to take "deposits" and said you are more than welcome to send us $35k for it to sit in our bank account but it is not a wise move.

It should be the last, new car 2020 this one will be unveiled this year with deliveries early next, there will be no time for another model but you never know LOL

If you want one I’d put my name down ASAP

• 2 weeks later...

My guy at Lambo told me that he's not sure about the upcoming SSV/SSVR to be the last variant of the Ave.

Sounds like they try to find a way to fit a DCT in the current platform, not really easy to replace the ISR though.

If that is happening we may see a LCI2 Ave...

2019_Lamborghini_Aventador_SV_spy_shots_Namibia.jpg

DCT in the av ?? perfect combo. even so, i've been struggling. would it be outright dumb to trade my HP for the av s ? the av s looks wild in every ways except the isr. the HP drives easy every day. something i've been struggling past days.

The DCT would transform the Aventador but I doubt they will do it, they will most likely do it in the replacement.

Also I am not sure if they have time to fit more then one special edition of the Aventador with the replacement coming in less then 24 months, I guess we will see soon.

Latest update regarding the replacement A which was posted few days ago on Motor Authority:

The Lamborghini Aventador is a technological marvel, with its Formula 1-inspired inboard dampers, all-wheel drive, rear-wheel steering, and V-12 engine.

The stunning supercar dates back to 2011, so it's due for replacement fairly soon. We have reported that 2020 could be the target date for an Aventador successor. By that time, nine years will have elapsed between generations, and changes in the market could mean changes for the next generation of Lambo's flagship supercar.

Lamborghini showed its Urus SUV to a North American audience for the first time this week on the sidelines of the Detroit auto show. At that event, I had the opportunity to interview the company's Research & Development Director Maurizio Reggiani about various aspects of the brand.

When I asked what challenges would face the Aventador successor, Reggiani implied that the car would be electrified in some way, but keeping weight down would be crucial.

"With the new Aventador we must decide what will be the future of the super sports car in terms of electric contribution. What way to manage the weight coming from electrification, and to be able to guarantee every way to have the DNA of a super sports car," he said.

When I asked if a V-12 was part of the future, Reggiani didn't mince words. "Yes. About V-12, I say, yes, yes, yes, yes," he said emphatically.

That means whatever comes after the Aventador will likely get a V-12 aided by an electric motor or motors. The current Aventador S makes 730 horsepower from it's 6.5-liter V-12. Add power from electric motors and total output could reach 1,000 horsepower or more.

What about that single-clutch transmission that wasn't entirely outdated in 2011 but is widely panned today?

"It is not a problem of a single-clutch. It is a problem of what way will we handle and manage what I described before: weight. For me, everything that contribute to the weight is an enemy, and I need to decide what is better to put effort into and what to sacrifice. I am fully with you that a double-clutch is a marvelous solution. I have only one problem—additional weight."

Despite sitting at the top of Lambo's supercar lineup, the Aventador is not officially the fastest Lamborghini. That honor goes to the Huracán Performante, which had the production car record at the Nürburgring until it was bested by the Porsche 911 GT2 RS late last year. The reason? The Performante's Aerodynamica Lamborghini Attiva, or Lamborghini Active Aerodynamics system that increases downforce when needed for cornering and reduces drag in straights to improve top speeds.

It sounds like the ALA system could be in the Aventador's future, either for this generation or the next.

"Aero vectoring was never used in Aventador. That means it's a big potential that we have in our pocket," Reggiani said.

With more power, aided by electrification, and the possibility of active aero on board, the successor to the Aventador will certainly be the most advanced Lamborghini supercar ever, and it will very likely be a able to beat the Huracán Performante around the Nürburgring...if it can keep the weight down.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1114892...electrification

Wow, I want one. Can't wait to see the performance numbers for this beast.

Edit:

Quick exhaust clip:

Looks like some Veneno elements are coming into play...I'm certainly excited to see what the finished result will look like. Though I hope they make a usable Terzo Millenio.