Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

There were days when I went for spirited runs that I had to fill up three times.

That's a fat thirsty bitch!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe there is quite a bit of weight to be lost in the Performante, it’s not as stripped out as the SV for example, still full carpet and sound deadening, the door cards aren’t light carbon,

Wasn't there a legal issue with the carbon fiber door cards?

Something about them shattering in a crash ... so they couldn't be fit on the Performante ... I remember reading something like that.

Something about them shattering in a crash ... so they couldn't be fit on the Performante ... I remember reading something like that.

Not sure if that’s the reason why but it’s definitely a good excuse to use :icon_mrgreen:

Random question: Is it physically possible to fit the V12 of the A into the engine bay of the H?

Huracan was designed for V10 - looking at the engine bay would guess it would not fit plus these factories don't engine swap even for customers spending 2-3M. Eric Clapton asked Ferrari to put a V12 in his 458 design they said yes originally then no it's not worth building a test prototype.

Performante fuel is direct and multi port injection improves mpg add the transmission.

Reggiani stated - Performante's Aerodinamica Lamborghini Attiva gives the greatest improvement in lap time spoilers snapping into their lowest-drag setting when the Performante is aimed forward results in the removal of acceleration impediment that big aero.

The Viper NA manual ran a 7 min ring time beat the 918 at 14 tracks across the USA - SV JOTA will most likely be the last NA ring time to hold the title perhaps forever.

DOT had concluded that CF door panels will splinter in the event of an impact and thereby causing injuries to the occupants of the vehicle. So until they figured out a way to overcome the splintering (some kind of wrap would likely do the trick but it would add weight and thickness so they likely wouldn't bother), CF door panels had gone the way of the dodo bird.

DOT had concluded that CF door panels will splinter in the event of an impact and thereby causing injuries to the occupants of the vehicle. So until they figured out a way to overcome the splintering (some kind of wrap would likely do the trick but it would add weight and thickness so they likely wouldn't bother), CF door panels had gone the way of the dodo bird.

very upsetting :(

curious to see what they use on the Jota..

very upsetting :(

curious to see what they use on the Jota..

Come to think of it, I don't see what the challenge is. CF by itself is like fabric. I can relate that some of the prepreg CF are infused with epoxy and can be problematic. Raw CF cannot hold a shape; that's given. But if raw CF can be overlaid on a molded structure then it's all good. We have seen that paper fibre can be molded into solid form which can substitute styrofoam and they come in various strength (think anything from egg cartons to cushioning packing materials for your TV). So what's stopping the use of molding the door cards from paper fibre and then overlay them with CF and Alcantara? The adhesive between the paper fibre and the CF can be soft like silicone as could the coating on top of the CF to keep it from fraying. It's not worse than any fabric surface. The tactile feel of raw CF mesh would actually be pretty cool. And nothing needs to be invented or reinvented, all are readily available. No expert and I am not a chemical or fabric engineer. But I don't see why it couldn't be done aside from the possible costs. Expensive process to go through DOT testing I suppose?

(Yea, 6666 post! ;) )

Found an article by Bloomberg about Geneva and what the companies will bring. This was what they wrote: "Lamborghini is trying to build excitement around what it’s bringing, which will be a major update to an existing model, although a spokesperson declines to disclose specifics."

Is cutting the roof off a Performante considered to be a major update? I would say it isnt ...

Found an article by Bloomberg about Geneva and what the companies will bring. This was what they wrote: "Lamborghini is trying to build excitement around what it’s bringing, which will be a major update to an existing model, although a spokesperson declines to disclose specifics."

Is cutting the roof off a Performante considered to be a major update? I would say it isnt ...

has to be the perf spyder or the jota.. time will tell!!!!!!!!!!!!

good news is I just got a may production date for my spyder! :)

But Lambo's PR team would say it is...

Lambo's official YT page posted a clip about the Perf spyder earlier today so basically that's the big reveal for Geneva.

Eric Clapton asked Ferrari to put a V12 in his 458 design they said yes originally then no it's not worth building a test prototype.

Im pretty sure whoever greg.b23 is on instagram did exactly that. Had them put the ThethetheFerrari 12 in a 458

Im pretty sure whoever greg.b23 is on instagram did exactly that. Had them put the ThethetheFerrari 12 in a 458

I thought his was just one of the prototype chassis for the ThethetheFerrari. Hence the V12 in the 458.....kind of how the Enzo was a stretched 348/355...

Genève 2018 live fotos =) no jota

urus - aventador s - performante roadster.

gOv482.jpg

^Also at Geneva:

BdSPCAi.jpg

Dear Lamborghini,

Please build this. NOW.

Sincerely,

The World

I'm in Bologna atm, just did the VIP customer tour and had a chance to see the camo SVJ in the flesh. It looks insane in person, so many things going on with the design. Also saw SVJ part bins around the factory so getting close to seeing the finished car.

I'm in Bologna atm, just did the VIP customer tour and had a chance to see the camo SVJ in the flesh. It looks insane in person, so many things going on with the design. Also saw SVJ part bins around the factory so getting close to seeing the finished car.

yep I heard the same with production dates end of this year!

yep I heard the same with production dates end of this year!

Maybe they will be launching this at the Quail this year?

Maybe they will be launching this at the Quail this year?

I would say Paris Motor Show this fall is more likely. Unless they pull out or present a new one-off concept car, then it will be at Geneva 2019.

Paris is historically used by Lamborghini as a concept car/special edition show. SVJ is kind of a big deal.