Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

Ok, this isn't good...

There is an internal rumour floating that the SV-J would either be 760hp :( or 780hp (both PS)

I guess Lambo either wants to keep their Centenario owners happy or doesn't want to upset them too much.

10hp PS increase is nothing. I hope the SV-J is a much lighter car than the SV.

That is def not good. It needs to be super special with other things to be worth significantly more than the S. Since the S already has 4WS and many of the refinements even over the SV.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, this isn't good...

There is an internal rumour floating that the SV-J would either be 760hp :( or 780hp (both PS)

I guess Lambo either wants to keep their Centenario owners happy or doesn't want to upset them too much.

I wonder realistically how much max HP they can squeeze out of the V12. and I assume if the HP numbers are true they will add ALA and set a blazing track time to mask the HP numbers.

Btw, are you planning to get one?

Ok, this isn't good...

My guess from ages ago was 780 so they can say it’s the most powerful but is basically the Centenario spec which they have already done all the work for and tested. Also fits with the usual around 30 hp bump all the recent models have had

Last time I spoke to designers at performante launch they were very clear the horsepower race was over for them and they were not interested in it at all and were focusing on other areas, handling, driver enjoyment, etc

I wonder realistically how much max HP they can squeeze out of the V12. and I assume if the HP numbers are true they will add ALA and set a blazing track time to mask the HP numbers.

With the NA V-12 engine my guess just under 800hp max; BUT with Turbo/Supercharging the sky's the limit, but will they go there???

Btw, are you planning to get one?

Well we know the Ferrari 812 makes 789hp with a 6.5L engine and redline is 8900rpm. So it is definitely doable to be up there in power and revs.

Ok, this isn't good...

Aventador 700 PS

Aventador Anniversario 720 PS

Veneno 750 PS

Aventador SV 750 PS

Aventador S 740 PS (to not piss off SV owners)

Centenario 770 PS

Aventador SVJ ???

IMO it will be below 770 and above 750. 760 sounds just about right.

Aventador 700 PS

Aventador Anniversario 720 PS

Veneno 750 PS

Aventador SV 750 PS

Aventador S 740 PS (to not piss off SV owners)

Centenario 770 PS

Aventador SVJ ???

IMO it will be below 770 and above 750. 760 sounds just about right.

Even if I had never heard of a car before and had only seen this list, I would say 770. There is zero chance they will best the C but why not use that exact setup, the r&d is done. They are going to spend money to develope a 760 hp setup? Also zero chance. 770 it is, final answer...

The logic above is somewhat flawed and here is why. Centenario was priced significantly lower than Veneno so why did they surpass the Veneno by 20hp with the Centenario which cost a third? They sure didnt look like they cared about pissing off the Veneno owners so why should they care about the C owners now?

The logic above is somewhat flawed and here is why. Centenario was priced significantly lower than Veneno so why did they surpass the Veneno by 20hp with the Centenario which cost a third? They sure didnt look like they cared about pissing off the Veneno owners so why should they care about the C owners now?

Cent and Veneno are in the same class. The Aventador Super Bodykit Class cars will always be the best but each one has to be better than the last. Even the SVJ won’t usurp the current Super Bodykit Class car.

I hope you get 800 but with the wishful thinking glasses off, I just can’t see it.

Slightly off topic but I'm really curious to see what design direction Lambo will head in with the A replacement.

Even if I had never heard of a car before and had only seen this list, I would say 770. There is zero chance they will best the C but why not use that exact setup, the r&d is done. They are going to spend money to develope a 760 hp setup? Also zero chance. 770 it is, final answer...

The HP is all about the exhaust and ECU tune. The V12 in the Aventador can generate well over 800 hp, the question is where will Lambo land?

As far as the Veneno and the Centenario go, the Veneno was a design exercise based off LMP car and was also the Aventador SV R&D car which recouped those costs. The Centenario was the Aventador SV completed with the design exercise that pay homage to cars of old while prepping the Aventador S RW steering and infotainment console. It also helped user in big funds to help with the Urus expansion, hence the 40 cars (20 coupes and roadsters) as opposed to the Veneno's 12 (3 coupes & 9 Roadsters).

post-8919-1522391872_thumb.jpg

Cent and Veneno are in the same class. The Aventador Super Bodykit Class cars will always be the best but each one has to be better than the last. Even the SVJ won’t usurp the current Super Bodykit Class car.

I hope you get 800 but with the wishful thinking glasses off, I just can’t see it.

Super Bodykit Class LOL

Horsepower gains will come from the new exhaust system. Remember that Centenario still uses modified LP700/720/750 system.

I will "guess" 30-40 HP over the SV.

Lamborghini in recent times on all model cars have pretty much relied on raising the rev limit to gain the extra hp, the other bits are coincidental that is where the real gain comes from.

8250 Aventador 8500 SV 8600 Centenario I would speculate the max rev limit the engine can reliably go to will limit the hp, i still reckon 780 so they can say its the most powerful model yet.

Lamborghini in recent times on all model cars have pretty much relied on raising the rev limit to gain the extra hp, the other bits are coincidental that is where the real gain comes from.

8250 Aventador 8500 SV 8600 Centenario I would speculate the max rev limit the engine can reliably go to will limit the hp, i still reckon 780 so they can say its the most powerful model yet.

:iamwithstupid: 780hp and some weight reduction sounds perfect!

Well we know the Ferrari 812 makes 789hp with a 6.5L engine and redline is 8900rpm. So it is definitely doable to be up there in power and revs.

Should be doable for sure.

Recall that the F12 TdF was putting out 770 hp out of a 6.3L (40 hp over the standard F12), and the ThethetheFerrari was putting out 789 hp out of that same 6.3 L block.

The 812 putting out 789 from a 6.5L means it should push over a clean 800 without much issue.

This last edition Aventador I think should offer a clean 800 hp.

They are kinda between a rock and a hard place. The Vent replacement has obviously got to be a shock and awe on all fronts. So they cant shoot their wad on HP before hand as it will set the bar too high. So as much as I don't like it...the lower HP numbers are probably more realistic. They are just going to package an enticing offer like they accomplished with the Perf. Not too much...but just enough to get us to bite.

My dream spec would be 800hp with 75 to 100LBS less weight. With more tranny, suspension, and steering tuning like they did with the SV.

They are kinda between a rock and a hard place. The Vent replacement has obviously got to be a shock and awe on all fronts. So they cant shoot their wad on HP before hand as it will set the bar too high. So as much as I don't like it...the lower HP numbers are probably more realistic. They are just going to package an enticing offer like they accomplished with the Perf. Not too much...but just enough to get us to bite.

My dream spec would be 800hp with 75 to 100LBS less weight. With more tranny, suspension, and steering tuning like they did with the SV.

God damn. I hate it when someone makes sense but is against my hopes and dreams lol

I would be happy with 780PS, good weight reduction, 4WS and all the other goodies and the A replacement can have 800PS.

I've read the replacement will be pushing 1000hp but the NA V12 will be assisted by an electric motor.

I've read the replacement will be pushing 1000hp but the NA V12 will be assisted by an electric motor.

This! The A replacement will be a beast, I can not wait.

I can’t see how they can lose much extra weight without making it a much more expensive car, even then basically only cf body panels could be done without much extra engineering.

I suspect it will be an sv with a power bump and 4 wheel steer and ALA, it will put down some good times and look amazing but if you think it will be much more than that you will be out of luck. IMO

I suspect it will be an sv with a power bump and 4 wheel steer and ALA, it will put down some good times and look amazing but if you think it will be much more than that you will be out of luck. IMO

:iamwithstupid:

Really agree with this, i hope im wrong but i just dont see Lambo doing much more than this...

I can’t see how they can lose much extra weight without making it a much more expensive car, even then basically only cf body panels could be done without much extra engineering.

Completely agree, what’s going to get us writing cheques will be the design.