Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

You can register and show your car. It'd be $850 and would include 2 tickets. Let us know, Plastique, Assman and myself are actively recruiting to raid the Oyster bar and fend off cougars.

It’s ON!!

Can not wait to get this beast!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can register and show your car. It'd be $850 and would include 2 tickets. Let us know, Plastique, Assman and myself are actively recruiting to raid the Oyster bar and fend off cougars.

I might not have my HP in time but I'm definitely going look at doing this next summer and looking forward to the cougars :icon_mrgreen:

The one thing in common on previous Jotas I'd like to see on this new one is a roof mounted intake. You can totally see how it can be integrated up the engine cover like on the Huracan Super Trofeo.

Only one air intake at the rear (unlike Performante`s two) leading air into the sharkfin.

EWUbvjz.jpg

Possible air exits.

Ac8Fu5m.jpg

In order for the ALA to work it must blow the bottom of the wing to stall it. Therefore the exit of the air must be from the underside of the wing. Your first photo shows again that the center section of the engine cover is without camo. I suspect something is going to be added here. Since it is directly in front of the intake for the ALA I am hopeful they will extend the intake all the way up the engine cover to the roof. #roofscoop!

The one thing in common on previous Jotas I'd like to see on this new one is a roof mounted intake. You can totally see how it can be integrated up the engine cover like on the Huracan Super Trofeo.

Give this man a trophy :turboalex:

I might not have my HP in time but I'm definitely going look at doing this next summer and looking forward to the cougars :icon_mrgreen:

giphy.gif

Holy shit... wtf did you come from?

I'm just out of jail :headbang:

In order for the ALA to work it must blow the bottom of the wing to stall it. Therefore the exit of the air must be from the underside of the wing. Your first photo shows again that the center section of the engine cover is without camo. I suspect something is going to be added here. Since it is directly in front of the intake for the ALA I am hopeful they will extend the intake all the way up the engine cover to the roof. #roofscoop!

Sharkfin has the same function as the wing on the Performante. You will notice that the underside of the SVJ wing doesn`t have any holes in it like the wing on the Performante does. Sharkfin is connected to the wing however and air comes through the underside of the Sharkfin.

Not sure if air is proceeded through the Sharkfin into the wing itself for more downforce though.

Something I forgot to highlight in my previous post, if you look under the brakelight there is a hole for potential air exit which benefits straight-line speed and it cools the new exhaust system at the same time (which covers two birds in one shot).

poEu76B.jpg

On the Performante, the entrance for rear ALA air intakes open with the engine cover:

6550_p29_l.jpg

It`s the same on the SVJ. There could be options for different engine covers, I don`t know since I don`t have the options list. The Roadster has a different engine cover.

:iamwithstupid:

Sharkfin has the same function as the wing on the Performante. You will notice that the underside of the SVJ wing doesn`t have any holes in it like the wing on the Performante does. Sharkfin is connected to the wing however and air comes through the underside of the Sharkfin.

Not sure if air is proceeded through the Sharkfin into the wing itself for more downforce though.

Something I forgot to highlight in my previous post, if you look under the brakelight there is a hole for potential air exit which benefits straight-line speed and it cools the new exhaust system at the same time (which covers two birds in one shot).

On the Performante, the entrance for rear ALA air intakes open with the engine cover:

I'm not so sure that there aren't vent holes at the bottom of the wing on the SVJ. I went back and looked at old spy shots of the Performante and you can't really see the holes even when you know they are there. The slots are really far forward on the wing and it's not that easy to see them from the rear. The vent holes for the ALA have to be in the bottom of the wing. The downforce for a wing is created from the bottom surface via the upward deflection of the air as it leaves the wing. That upward deflection of air pushes the wing down. The vent holes on the bottom disrupt the air and prevent the air from attaching to the rear part of the wing that deflects the air upwards thereby stalling the wing and eliminating all of the downforce. The intake to the SVJ shark fin is really wide. The shark fin itself is quite fat and I suppose it is divided into two halves internally so there is a left and a right side to the airflow inside the wing like the Performante.

Give this man a trophy :turboalex:

Thanks! If it isn't offered by Lamborghini (even as an option) you know one of the tuners will be all over it. I would love to put a roof scoop and dorsal fin on this monster similar to the Super Trofeo Evo

lambo_huracan_evo_6.jpg