Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the SVJ they have fixed the two things I didn't like on the SV. The rear wing and the rims. This thing just looks bad ass to the bone!

GT2RS and GT3RS ran on the tires it will come with. There is an even better tire that they tested at Spa that was faster still. Porsche is not going to publish a time with a tire that doesn’t come on the car.

Being conscious of my surroundings all I will say is that the Aventador has its work cut out for it to get that many pounds around the ring in under 7 minutes, on street tires.

Supposedly the work to the surface in spots is worth around 2 seconds a lap at this level.

Spy shots with the Squadra Corsa driver Englehart shows Pirelli P Zero Torfeo R tires . I predict the SVJ will beat the Performante time...even if Englehart or whomever is driving needs to go on an extreme diet :) and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it shows up the Porsche times too!

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2019-lam...age-125148.html

GT2RS and GT3RS ran on the tires it will come with. There is an even better tire that they tested at Spa that was faster still. Porsche is not going to publish a time with a tire that doesn’t come on the car.

Being conscious of my surroundings all I will say is that the Aventador has its work cut out for it to get that many pounds around the ring in under 7 minutes, on street tires.

Supposedly the work to the surface in spots is worth around 2 seconds a lap at this level.

Spy shots with the Squadra Corsa driver Englehart shows Pirelli P Zero Torfeo R tires . I predict the SVJ will beat the Performante time...even if Englehart or whomever is driving needs to go on an extreme diet :) and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it shows up the Porsche times too!

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2019-lam...age-125148.html

This thing looks sick! :monkeyleft:

Fortis, love the new shape... imagine that if they mounted the side mirrors on top of the front fenders, the car would have looked a lot more "special" or "hyper"...

Meh. Rookie drivers. Terrible vinyl wrap. will wait for painted version.

:)

Something disturbing just came to mind:

Supposedly, CF interior door cards are a thing of the past no thanks to DOT (they claim CF will splinter on impact thereby being hazardous). Indeed, the Huracan Performante's door cards are already in Alcantara.

So, I guess the SV-J will not have the good-looking CF door cards like the SV then. Looking at the pics above, it does suggest a full Alcantara door card. Hopefully it won't be as plain-looking as the test car's.

On the plus side, will the Alcantara door cards shave off a pound or two as alluded by the article? :eusa_think:

Fortis, love the new shape... imagine that if they mounted the side mirrors on top of the front fenders, the car would have looked a lot more "special" or "hyper"...

Like the Huayra or the Japanese Taxis :icon_mrgreen:

Supposedly, CF interior door cards are a thing of the past no thanks to DOT (they claim CF will splinter on impact thereby being hazardous). Indeed, the Huracan Performante's door cards are already in Alcantara.

So, I guess the SV-J will not have the good-looking CF door cards like the SV then. Looking at the pics above, it does suggest a full Alcantara door card. Hopefully it won't be as plain-looking as the test car's.

On the plus side, will the Alcantara door cards shave off a pound or two as alluded by the article? :eusa_think:

I hate Alcantara it’s so cheap and feels terrible, harder to clean, compared to leather or CF. How convenient for cost cutting and sell it to us as weight saving ! Lol

They can at least use CF ‘skin’ if they aren’t going to use CF or leather

Can't be correct. Other cars on sale with CF inner door panels. Is this specific to a certain market?

I think there is a limit. There are plenty of doors with carbon but the days of a solid sheet of carbon for an inner door panel are gone in the US.

There’s obviously zero benefit to shaving three pounds off an aventador but the all carbon inner door does look the business.

the CF does look cool but playing music sounds like absolute garbage.. so give and take..

on another note I confirmed with a VERY reliable source that the SVJ will be at the Quail this year!!!!!!!! :eusa_dance:

The two cars where spotted again today on a sunny cloud-free Nürburgring. Impossible to tell if they just ran some laps or did a real record attempt though ...

Can't be correct. Other cars on sale with CF inner door panels. Is this specific to a certain market?

It’s a 100% correct. But like CHADW said, it limits to a single piece large surface area panel. Small inlays are allowed as are CF with metal backing but that obviously defeats the purpose.

the CF does look cool but playing music sounds like absolute garbage.. so give and take..

on another note I confirmed with a VERY reliable source that the SVJ will be at the Quail this year!!!!!!!! :eusa_dance:

Highly reflective hard surfaces coupled with confined area and speakers placed in the wrong places. It’s hopeless for good sound. Better off getting a race exhaust upgrade. :)

Quail or Pebble or both, the SV-J will be there. :icon_thumleft:

It’s a 100% correct. But like CHADW said, it limits to a single piece large surface area panel. Small inlays are allowed as are CF with metal backing but that obviously defeats the purpose.

Highly reflective hard surfaces coupled with confined area and speakers placed in the wrong places. It’s hopeless for good sound. Better off getting a race exhaust upgrade. :)

Quail or Pebble or both, the SV-J will be there. :icon_thumleft:

yes and yes!!! that's exactly what I did with the race exhaust! but wasted money on the sensonum :(

on the perf the sensonum sounds pretty good fyi (so the carbon doors really screws this up on the sv)

yes and yes!!! that's exactly what I did with the race exhaust! but wasted money on the sensonum :(

on the perf the sensonum sounds pretty good fyi (so the carbon doors really screws this up on the sv)

I have posted here on numerous occasions that the Sensonum "upgrade" on the A is a total waste of money. All it offers is a better amp; all the speakers are relatively the same. The beefier amp and the "Sensonum" tags on the speaker grills all add weight to the car which for a SV is defeating the purpose (yes, I am being anal about it :icon_mrgreen:). Keep in mind that in addition to the door cards, the CF tub of the SV is partially exposed as well meaning more reflective hard surfaces. You are correct, it sounds horrendous. :(

You are also correct on the H Perf. The H's cabin was designed to be more user friendly and I guess Audi did some acoustic analysis for it too. Speaker placements made a lot more sense and the Sensonum upgrade involves more than just having a better amp. It would be interesting to see what Lambo have done for the Urus sound system but that's another thread for another section. :)

I'm guessing the A replacement will get a premium audio option. Maybe B&O seeing how's already offered on the Urus.

I have posted here on numerous occasions that the Sensonum "upgrade" on the A is a total waste of money. All it offers is a better amp; all the speakers are relatively the same. The beefier amp and the "Sensonum" tags on the speaker grills all add weight to the car which for a SV is defeating the purpose (yes, I am being anal about it :icon_mrgreen:). Keep in mind that in addition to the door cards, the CF tub of the SV is partially exposed as well meaning more reflective hard surfaces. You are correct, it sounds horrendous. :(

You are also correct on the H Perf. The H's cabin was designed to be more user friendly and I guess Audi did some acoustic analysis for it too. Speaker placements made a lot more sense and the Sensonum upgrade involves more than just having a better amp. It would be interesting to see what Lambo have done for the Urus sound system but that's another thread for another section. :)

:iamwithstupid: the urus B&O sound option looks sick!!! looks like they finally got this ;)

:iamwithstupid: the urus B&O sound option looks sick!!! looks like they finally got this ;)

B&O is the upgrade choice for top of the line Audis. Must have option IMO :icon_mrgreen:

B&O is the upgrade choice for top of the line Audis. Must have option IMO :icon_mrgreen:

For the top line Audi’s, I suppose...

For the Lambo’s, well... :icon_mrgreen:

SV Sensorum sounds great so long as the car is not running and the doors are open, perfect for a party in a car park!

I have ordered sensorum on every car i have owned, finally realized what a total waste of money it is as the only time i have the radio on is in traffic and at a very low level when i'm bored, its a totally stupid option for a big engine loud car imo.

Would rather have a key compartment or glove box which was finally an option on later cars and is something that would actually get used.

I might missunderstand the whole carbon doors thing you guys talk about. If so I am sorry for wasting your time! But look at this picture the inside of the door is clearly covered up with a sort of fabric. But look closely and you can see parts of whats under it. A black glossy material. Carbon? FOR SURE!

31357969_2098759683472971_6742906837185593344_n.jpg

^Not wasting time at all and thank you for adding your input to the issue.

The issue is that very piece covered by the fabric material. The LP670-4SV has that piece in a single large piece of CF as did the LP750-4SV. The Gallardo Superleggera and the LP570-4 Superleggera and its derivatives are like that too. But with the new DOT regs, that's no longer possible as proven by the Huracan Performante. So what will happen to the SV-J? Alcantara like the HP? I do hope you are correct on the CF being hidden by the fabric but I am not optimistic about it. The pic isn't high-def enough to show what that gloss black piece is made of and judging from the Huracan (Performante or not), gloss black plastic is more than a possibility. Whatever it is, let's hope that it won't be too rudimentary looking.