Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

That's an easy bet, when VCR lost a bet to me he had to buy me dinner but because we live in different countries we had to fly internationally so we can meet in the middle :icon_mrgreen:

You boys should do something similar, the loser pays for dinner, the winner picks the location haha.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's an easy bet, when VCR lost a bet to me he had to buy me dinner but because we live in different countries we had to fly internationally so we can meet in the middle :icon_mrgreen:

You boys should do something similar, the loser pays for dinner, the winner picks the location haha.

Yeah that's too easy.

Fortis should add that he's on one continent while I am on another; but the dinner took place on a third continent!

But that was fun, there really wasn't any loser at all. Fortis would agree that it was a great dinner. :icon_thumleft: :)

Your housekeeper has nothing to worry about. :icon_mrgreen:

I tend to agree but you never know.

I use to talk to my mates about which car was better, faster, more hp, which one i’d buy based off lap times etc......when I was 10.

All this ring talk about road cars is mind-numbing.

Who cares! I don’t.

You need the same driver using the same tyre at the same track on the same day.

If you don’t have that then it’s a waste of time comparing.

Here’s the verdict.....they are all very fast cars!

Buy what you like.

Yeah that's too easy.

Fortis should add that he's on one continent while I am on another; but the dinner took place on a third continent!

But that was fun, there really wasn't any loser at all. Fortis would agree that it was a great dinner. :icon_thumleft: :)

That dinner was fantastic, thank you once again!

I tend to agree but you never know.

I use to talk to my mates about which car was better, faster, more hp, which one i’d buy based off lap times etc......when I was 10.

All this ring talk about road cars is mind-numbing.

Who cares! I don’t.

You need the same driver using the same tyre at the same track on the same day.

If you don’t have that then it’s a waste of time comparing.

Here’s the verdict.....they are all very fast cars!

Buy what you like.

I know it’s pretty stupid talking about which car is faster, better has more HP and a host of other parameters and characteristics in particular on a car forum.

Prediction; 6:45 for SVJ and 7:45 for Urus.

Huracan Facelift is there testing too.

https://www.motor1.com/news/240871/lamborgh...urburgring-lap/

But weren't the conditions less than ideal for both cars? I assume they were running on the same day, and the Urus was already running around 7:45, so I'm wondering if they can get more out of it if they were to actually go for it.

For me, it’s additional fun, like putting a couple bucks on a football game. It ends up being more interesting even though it is meaningless. I thank my fellow Viper enthusiast for the friendly wager.

I like the Lambos and have had most of the modern ones, I just prefer Porsches. Some of that is attributable to the two dealers in my area.

The 3RS ran sub 7, that is amazingly quick. But I can tell you it doesn’t have the power to be a great street car. The 2RS only went 10 seconds quicker but it will be 10 times the street car with 50% more power. And I’ll probably enjoy the 3 more at Sebring.

It’s a great time to be a car guy!

That’ll make it more fun. Deal.

ill put up another $100 on the SVJ beating the GT2RS ring time? :icon_mrgreen:

excuses wont count... tires, repaved track, roll bar, faster color, etc..

ill put up another $100 on the SVJ beating the GT2RS ring time? :icon_mrgreen:

excuses wont count... tires, repaved track, roll bar, faster color, etc..

Faster color! Haha! Well played! Not to mention the editing that Lambos does with the speeding up the video and what not ;) But I am with you 100 %. If the Lambo is allowed (by VAG) to beat the GT2RS, it will imo. But since they are in the same group maybe we will see some company poiltics come into play?

For me, it’s additional fun, like putting a couple bucks on a football game. It ends up being more interesting even though it is meaningless. I thank my fellow Viper enthusiast for the friendly wager.

I like the Lambos and have had most of the modern ones, I just prefer Porsches. Some of that is attributable to the two dealers in my area.

The 3RS ran sub 7, that is amazingly quick. But I can tell you it doesn’t have the power to be a great street car. The 2RS only went 10 seconds quicker but it will be 10 times the street car with 50% more power. And I’ll probably enjoy the 3 more at Sebring.

It’s a great time to be a car guy!

I’d love to get in the Porsche game but haven’t had any luck. Which really is frustrating since my Lambo dealer also owns 2 Porsche dealerships! And I have spent quite a bit of money there.

Would love to get into Porsches as well but trying to get one is incredibly frustrating.

on the subject of VAG allowing the SVJ to beat the Porsche - if they don't I think that's a serious misstep for them, especially when bringing back a name as hardcore as the Jota. It was made for the track and will cost more than 2x the GT2RS. If they want the Aventador to go out with a bang this thing needs to be an absolute beast.

Maybe that’s why the 2RS had standard tires rather than the good ones on the 3RS, to give the sister Lambo team a fighting chance? The 2RS is certainly more than 10 seconds faster than the 3RS but they achieved what they wanted and called it a day.

Speaking of calling it a day, did the Jota finish it’s testing and just miss the mark? I believe they packed up.

Maybe that’s why the 2RS had standard tires rather than the good ones on the 3RS, to give the sister Lambo team a fighting chance? The 2RS is certainly more than 10 seconds faster than the 3RS but they achieved what they wanted and called it a day.

Speaking of calling it a day, did the Jota finish it’s testing and just miss the mark? I believe they packed up.

Conditions weren`t quite there, but they will be back once the conditions improve.

The ring is rented out for trackdays this week and next will be N24 so from what I've heard the next chance to see the Lambos out on the Ring will be on the 14th. I think since they did a sub-7 minute run that this might have been one of the last runs "in chill mode". From the 14th and on I think they won't play around with cones on the finishing straight and all that. Just a thought.

Information beginning to leak on production numbers. Anyone have info?

I have heard a lot of different numbers. Anywhere from 200 total to close to 1000 total (Roadster and Coupé combined). What other info have leaked?

can never ever go wrong with a green lambo imo.

That's why I have a VI SV Roadster and a VM Performante Spyder (that was not my choice though, stock car - but I love it!)

For the SVJ I will go Verde Scandal to make a Verde family :)

And I used to have only black cars ....

Isn’t that the guy who claimed that the Performante’s lap was fake? I am having hard time taking these guys serious even if they have a pretty cool stop watch LOL

Isn’t that the guy who claimed that the Performante’s lap was fake? I am having hard time taking these guys serious even if they have a pretty cool stop watch LOL

Porsche ·McLaren fans

smiling_emoji_emoticon_character_embarrassed_unctuous_way_60142281.jpg

Would you be disappointed if it’s only 760 hp.? I would.

I just heard that and hope it is not true and closer to 800 hp or at least 780 hp

Would you be disappointed if it’s only 760 hp.? I would.

I just heard that and hope it is not true and closer to 800 hp or at least 780 hp

I've heard from multiple people they are producing 1000 units total, both coupes and roadsters, and final metric horsepower will be 770 PS, which is 759.46 HP .

I've heard from multiple people they are producing 1000 units total, both coupes and roadsters, and final metric horsepower will be 770 PS, which is 759.46 HP .

if it beats the ring record I would even take 750hp :icon_mrgreen:

The Performante did it's 6:52.1 around the ring not because of great horsepower. Mainly it was thanks to a little something we call ALA. We all know that ALA does amazing things to the Huracán, so why would it not do the same to the Aventador SVJ? Sure, it's a lot heavier, but it also has a lot more power and RWS to help that. My friend who just got his Aventador S told me that the RWS in the car makes it a totally different thing to their old LP700. So yeah, those two will be the key-things when it comes to the Aventador SVJ's lap. And I mean, we know the car is crazy fast already, so who cares if it's 760, 770 or even 800 hp? I think the SVJ will get a similar update as the Performante. 30 hp, about 50 kg lighter plus the RWS and ALA. Also the gearbox will be tweaked further I think.

I say 790 HP, -100 kg off SV and 730 NM of torque. Then you have RWS, ALA 2.0 and Trofeo R tires on top of that. Should be enough for some track records.