Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

The business models of Lamborghini and Ferrari are almost mutually exclusive; they cannot be compared to each other. Ferrari is a self-containing huge marketing machine that has long established a solid following. Lamborghini; despite having the blessing of Audi & VAG; is on a shoestring budget. Given the extremities, I tip my hat to Winkelmann and Domenicali for their efforts and results. For the same reason, I don't think Domenicali would want to step on his former employer's toes just in case and hence his comment of Ferrari being a compliment. There is no telling where Lamborghini is heading so long as they are just a small sector of the big VAG pie and especially when big brother Porsche takes up a good chunk of it as well. Lamborghini needs to make a certain quantity for sheer survival and to finance their next flagship; with the SV-J and the few-off model carrying the torch.

If this is indeed the last NA & non-hybrid V12 car that Lamborghini will ever make, then the rumoured 1000 SV-J's aren't too many. They probably will retain their value quite well once people begin to realize the SV-J is marking the end of a certain Lamborghini era; as another member has indicated. Although I am confident that this isn't the end of this powerplant. It might not operate as a standalone unit anymore but it should continue its service in tandem with some hybrid tech.

That does it...Let's have everyone on LPower chip in and let's just buy the damn company...We can have Roman be the CEO, Allan as head of Marketing, Fortis as head of design and LP Daddy Head of Quality control. Who's in?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The business models of Lamborghini and Ferrari are almost mutually exclusive; they cannot be compared to each other. Ferrari is a self-containing huge marketing machine that has long established a solid following. Lamborghini; despite having the blessing of Audi & VAG; is on a shoestring budget. Given the extremities, I tip my hat to Winkelmann and Domenicali for their efforts and results. For the same reason, I don't think Domenicali would want to step on his former employer's toes just in case and hence his comment of Ferrari being a compliment. There is no telling where Lamborghini is heading so long as they are just a small sector of the big VAG pie and especially when big brother Porsche takes up a good chunk of it as well. Lamborghini needs to make a certain quantity for sheer survival and to finance their next flagship; with the SV-J and the few-off model carrying the torch.

If this is indeed the last NA & non-hybrid V12 car that Lamborghini will ever make, then the rumoured 1000 SV-J's aren't too many. They probably will retain their value quite well once people begin to realize the SV-J is marking the end of a certain Lamborghini era; as another member has indicated. Although I am confident that this isn't the end of this powerplant. It might not operate as a standalone unit anymore but it should continue its service in tandem with some hybrid tech.

I agree with this - the biggest similarity between Lambo and Ferrari is price and the country they're produced in. Even then, the V12s are on different ends of the spectrum - One is a peacock spaceship, the other is a grand tourer.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out with a Performante level update to the flagship Lambo. The S is already a significant improvement to the 700, I can't wait to see how good the J will be.

Side note, I heard you'll be able to spec your SVJ allocation at Quail. Wish I could make it!

To those that say 1000 SVJ's WORLDWIDE is not exclusive enough...get a life! Maybe 500 will make their way to the US market. I can pretty much guarantee that I will have the only one in the entire state of Utah. Thats exclusive enough for me.

Ferrari V12's? LMAO...the 'Superfast' is ugly as F@@k.

It is and it isn’t . By the end of the production cycle , my guess is that there will be 10000 aventador’s out there , call it whatever , 50th , S, SV , SVJ , still basically the same car with different front spoilers or stickers . To the average joe , same shit , one would be hard pressed to tell the difference between all of them . Are they good looking cars ? Definitely and best bang for the buck in the supercar segment but hardly exclusive , the same body shape goes on for way too long and that has been Lambo’s issue since the Gallardo . But they need to be profitable and I suppose this is the only way to do it . The Urus might be the game changer for the company , it should fill up the coffers very nicely and might allow for new cars with a shorter life cycle

I agree with this - the biggest similarity between Lambo and Ferrari is price and the country they're produced in. Even then, the V12s are on different ends of the spectrum - One is a peacock spaceship, the other is a grand tourer.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out with a Performante level update to the flagship Lambo. The S is already a significant improvement to the 700, I can't wait to see how good the J will be.

Side note, I heard you'll be able to spec your SVJ allocation at Quail. Wish I could make it!

I'll be sure to snap some pics and text them to you since I'll be at the unveiling :icon_thumleft:

+1.

Makes you wonder what happens to SVJ prices once the replacement is announced especially if they make say a 1,000 SVJs as rumored.

They will be steady, it's never good to get the 1st production year, add a hybrid in there and it get's even scarier, I'd give Lambo a good few years to iron the bugs first.

The Ferrari V12 will always be significant in the automotive landscape. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of the styling, that's one thing they always get right.

The F140 family in particular has been special -- the Enzo has been the blueprint engine for Ferrari since 2002.

Are you sure they get them right? They should at least try to keep the wheels on them, don't think that's too much to ask LOL

Are you sure they get them right? They should at least try to keep the wheels on them, don't think that's too much to ask LOL

The engine is so powerful, the wheels just come off. :icon_mrgreen:

Of course a lighter car with a faster gearbox wiith 60 PS more will be faster in a drag race. The F12 beat the LP700 in a drag too. But when the corners came the Lambo was faster. I am sure the S is faster on track than the 812 :)

Of course a lighter car with a faster gearbox wiith 60 PS more will be faster in a drag race. The F12 beat the LP700 in a drag too. But when the corners came the Lambo was faster. I am sure the S is faster on track than the 812 :)
And for sure the SV is faster than the TDF. My 991 GT3 was faster at COTA than and F12!

And for sure the SV is faster than the TDF. My 991 GT3 was faster at COTA than and F12!

Your 911 gt3 will go the track and so 100 Laps any issues . I don’t see any of the Italian super Cars lasting as long without some form of a glitch

Your 911 gt3 will go the track and so 100 Laps any issues . I don’t see any of the Italian super Cars lasting as long without some form of a glitch

Performate, this car is bullet proof.

I used to think that but not so much anymore. I hear more nightmare from Porsche guys and all their issues with GT3 and GT4. The couple of Lamborghini esperienza i attended the Huracans and Aventadors were thrashed around the track from 9am to 5pm non stop. Hell they even let them idle

during lunch break. Not one of them had issues. They alll had 4-5k miles and the instructors said all miles were on the track for all cars and they just change tires and oil and filter.