Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

A lot of people wrote off the Aventador, called it a dinosaur but boy were they wrong. Taking the lap record from the GT2 RS is a big deal and fact that the Aventador did it is even bigger. Once the number is announced you will see the haters turn out in droves who will claim it's fake.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've known for a long time that a record was going to happen. And when Misha filmed a video where the SVJ drove with a Mercedes in front of it seemingly taking pictures I knew the record was broken. The only question that remained was the time. It is an impressive time for sure. Especially with no turbos, no DTC and being relatively heavy! In a sense a real David and Goliath.

:icon_mrgreen:

You and I think alike LOL. I was examining that ALA pic myself and comparing to the detail shown for the Performante on its dash. The Performante shows a surprising amount of detail for a small pic like the stripe.

20180721_051147.jpg

:icon_mrgreen:

The really interesting part is the Cx graph under the car. At 332kph none of the bars are lit. Cx is drag coefficient. The new ALA vents on the top of the nose vent air upwards in front of the hood. What this does is it forces the air stream to deflect far ahead of the car instead of being deflected by the hood. This effectively reduces the frontal area of the car which reduces drag and increases top speed.

I didn’t know there are only six colors. Are they allowing Ad Persona ?

They will, I think he’s referring to the base colors.

They are allowing ad personam but there are 6 'dealer spec' colors that they could choose from for their first car. The first customer specced cars will be delivered a few months later.

Anyone know what the six colors are going to be

Matte white, matte green, red, yellow, grigio telesto, dark purple.

Everything else Ad Personam. Credit again to...

Matte white, matte green, red, yellow, grigio telesto, dark purple.

Everything else Ad Personam. Credit again to...

🤖

Spec'ing mine at Quail-reserved time already on the configurator there. Color decisions are the worst but going to try to go in with something in mind.

New info from a video they posted on YouTube:

-Bronze engine cover like Performante. Even the insides of the exhaust are bronze.

-Pretty much the same interior as an Aventador SV, some Forged Composites added, different door sills though.

- Impressive "Weight to Power"

- Marco Mapelli as the driver for the Ring run. Roll-cage again included for safety measures.

I'm sold. Just talked to dealer, putting down a deposit for the roadster.

Put a deposit down for a roadster. Plan on doing it in Viola Parsifae. Now the wait....

Put a deposit down for a roadster. Plan on doing it in Viola Parsifae. Now the wait....

I am surprised there was a spot open this late in the game. Did they confirm they had an open allocation for you?

I am surprised there was a spot open this late in the game. Did they confirm they had an open allocation for you?

They said they would get me one, of course the contract does contain language that says they will refund the deposit if they can't get me one, so I guess only time will tell.

Ballsy on the color, but I love it!