Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

I am surprised there was a spot open this late in the game. Did they confirm they had an open allocation for you?

I was told I have a good chance of getting a coupe allocation with delivery next summer. I think allocations will be be market dependent. Locally we got dinged with a 25% luxury tax earlier this year so it might deter potential buyers.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was told I have a good chance of getting a coupe allocation with delivery next summer. I think allocations will be be market dependent. Locally we got dinged with a 25% luxury tax earlier this year so it might deter potential buyers.

Isn't that 25% just disgusting, that's 10% over and above the previous tax for what? So lets say the car is $800K CAD add $200K CAD for tax and your at the magic $1,000,000 mark (assuming of course you have no trade-in)..

Good luck on your allocation!

New info from a video they posted on YouTube:

-Bronze engine cover like Performante. Even the insides of the exhaust are bronze.

-Pretty much the same interior as an Aventador SV, some Forged Composites added, different door sills though.

- Impressive "Weight to Power"

- Marco Mapelli as the driver for the Ring run. Roll-cage again included for safety measures.

This is that video!

Put a deposit down for a roadster. Plan on doing it in Viola Parsifae. Now the wait....

That’s fantastic that color will blow your mind, congrats :icon_super:

Put a deposit down for a roadster. Plan on doing it in Viola Parsifae. Now the wait....

Congrats!! Good luck with the allocation - hope it goes smooth. That is going to be an AMAZING car my friend.

The Viola Parsifae should look AMAZING with the gold/bronze engine cover and bronze exhaust accent details.

Awesome screenshots Fortis.

The rear end looks amazing, I can't wait for the SVJ to be unveiled.

Spec'ing mine at Quail-reserved time already on the configurator there. Color decisions are the worst but going to try to go in with something in mind.

Docta, I am doing the same - there will be a hospitality section for us to spec our SVJ’s at Quail. It’s going to be crazy at Quail this year. I’m still going to raid the Caviar bar....and drink a shit ton. Would it be a good idea to spec the car drunk?

Awesome screenshots Fortis.

The rear end looks amazing, I can't wait for the SVJ to be unveiled.

The rear end is what the competition sees :icon_mrgreen:

Forged carbon inside and weave on the engine bay, really, really hope the exterior bits are not forged, would really detract from the car for me, looks terrible next to the proper stuff

Also if the pics of the redline at 9000 rpm are correct then that’s way over 800 hp

Aventador 8250 700 hp

S 8400 740 hp

Sv 8500 750hp

Centenario 8600 770hp

SVJ if it is 9000 would mean 800+ hp

Forged carbon inside and weave on the engine bay, really, really hope the exterior bits are not forged, would really detract from the car for me, looks terrible next to the proper stuff

Also if the pics of the redline at 9000 rpm are correct then that’s way over 800 hp

Aventador 8250 700 hp

S 8400 740 hp

Sv 8500 750hp

Centenario 8600 770hp

Logical I hope u r right about 800 hp 👌

Hate the forged carbon too, it really looks cheaply forged 😂

The chopped up CF looks shitty IMO. Cheaper way to use CF and not worry about getting perfect weave.

Aventador 8250 700 hp

S 8400 740 hp

Sv 8500 750hp

Centenario 8600 770hp

It won't be over 800hp. It will be pretty close to 800. Looking forward to the unveiling at the Quail and, as others have pointed out, spec'ing the car with Ad Personum who will be on site.

Spoiler and shark fin are forged composite from what I know. You can also see it in that dashboard photo of the SVJ.

It won't be over 800hp. It will be pretty close to 800. Looking forward to the unveiling at the Quail and, as others have pointed out, spec'ing the car with Ad Personum who will be on site.

I think you're probably right.

Comparing the Aventador to an F12 or 812 is typically pointless except in this one exercise maybe...two 6.5 liter Italian V12s free of ghey blowers and turbos.... :icon_super:

Compression ratio on the F12 was higher than the base Aventador which is how it had more power from a smaller engine. According to R&T, the Aventador had a compression ratio of 11.8:1 compared to the F12's 13.5:1 to explain 700 hp/509 lb-ft @ 6.5 liters versus 730 hp/509 lb-ft @ 6.3 liters.

I just looked up the SV's compression ratio and apparently it's still at 11.8:1, with slightly more power than the F12. So it looks like there's room to touch 800 given it's identical displacement to the 812. The 812 compression ratio is at 13.6:1. The SVJ has room to go up in compression ratio certainly...

How about bore and stroke?

Bore and stroke for 812: 94 mm x 78 mm

Bore and stroke for SV: 95 mm x 76 mm

Higher bore is better for hp, and higher stroke better for torque all things being equal.

I think a clean 815-830 will be hard to achieve without sacrificing driveability, since you're pretty much tapped out with redline -- years ago it was unheard of to have a 9000 rpm redline in a street V12 -- 8500 rpm in a 4.7 liter F50 was a big deal, and now a 4.7 V12 should be able to rev to 10,000 RPM (esp if a 4.8 L V10 in the Lexus LFA is good for 9,500). You can probably get big 800+ hp if you give up a bit of torque, but don't think that improves the drive experience. Torque is typically the more important day to day metric, but too much of it and you start to go the way of a low revving muscle car.

That's always the fun art to balancing hp and torque. What feels good versus what's faster....

Extrapolating the power increase from F12 TDF to 812, it seems the hp/liter is very close going from 6.3 liters to 6.5. 780 PS (769 bhp) to 800 PS (789 bhp)....with identical rating, it should be about 805 PS for the 812.

Honestly, the only goal should be to hit a clean 800 for the coolness factor. 820, 840, etc. is not going to make or break this car.

For years the debate used to be whether a Diablo SE30 Jota or GT really had hp bordering 600 hp.........the perspective has easily been lost as this SVJ will be more an 800 hp car than any of those Diablos were ever going to be 600 hp (stock at least).

Dat Exhaust

giphy.gif

Docta, I am doing the same - there will be a hospitality section for us to spec our SVJ’s at Quail. It’s going to be crazy at Quail this year. I’m still going to raid the Caviar bar....and drink a shit ton. Would it be a good idea to spec the car drunk?

Probably not the best idea but I'll fend off the cougars...

Speaking of I'm going to setup a Quail meetup thread so we can finally coordinate an LPower meeting this year.

Spoiler and shark fin are forged composite from what I know. You can also see it in that dashboard photo of the SVJ.

I am pretty sure the dashboard of the SV without infotainment had forged carbon, it makes sense that the wing is forged, Lamborghini said they can only achieve the complex shape required for ALA using forged, it sucks because weave looks a lot better.