Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

comparisons and weight/power ratio are done with the dry weights (That's a stupid way to do that, but Ferrari does it and so all the others follow...)

ciao

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I typically have used the rule of thumb to add 100 kg of fluids when estimating kerb weight. Maybe the Aventador takes more? That would be a Kerb weight at around 3600 pounds though. I think SV's come in around 4000 pounds if I'm not mistaken in the real world.

I typically have used the rule of thumb to add 100 kg of fluids when estimating kerb weight. Maybe the Aventador takes more? That would be a Kerb weight at around 3600 pounds though. I think SV's come in around 4000 pounds if I'm not mistaken in the real world.

They both on the same engine and transmission there is no way the fluid weight is different between two by much. And the standard SV is 3362

Here we are guys! Full video is out!

Time to celebrate! Especially you guys who put a deposit down!

Dry weight doesn't include battery and driver: other 100 kg, 220 Lbs

ciao

Here we are guys! Full video is out!

Time to celebrate! Especially you guys who put a deposit down!

:icon_super: :eusa_dance: :turboalex:

wait a minute after further review im calling B.S, his racing gloves were made out of synthetic suede which gives him an unfair advantage through turns... ;) lmfao :shock:

Well done to my favorite car maker :eusa_dance:

All done with no turbos, no hybrid electric assists, just pure V12 glory.

It is quoted at 1525 KG Dry so sub 1600 with fluids etc.

Huge congrats though! I think it could have easily gone below 6:43 mark, saw some room for improvement (he missed a gear shift at the beginning) for Mr Mapelli. A bit disappointed it isn't 800+PS, but I can't complain.

Also ALA 2.0 works the same way I posted many pages back. Amazing feat what they turned Aventador into.

Always knew the SVJ would beat the HP but to beat the GT2RS and take the crown at the ring, truly amazing.

Always knew the SVJ would beat the HP but to beat the GT2RS and take the crown at the ring, truly amazing.

With no turbos and no electric assists like in the 918 Spyder and the P1

It is quoted at 1525 KG Dry so sub 1600 with fluids etc.

Huge congrats though! I think it could have easily gone below 6:43 mark, saw some room for improvement (he missed a gear shift at the beginning) for Mr Mapelli. A bit disappointed it isn't 800+PS, but I can't complain.

Also ALA 2.0 works the same way I posted many pages back. Amazing feat what they turned Aventador into.

You think fluids only weight 70kgs?

The standard SV is quoted at 3362lbs and wet is 3900+ lbs

What a fantastic day for us Lamborghini lovers around the world!! The end of an era (raw V12, no hybrid assist) and it goes out with the ultimate BANG.

Marco Mapelli = BALLS OF fcuking STEEL again. That is a BIG car to be throwing around like that. Jeeze!

Great company. Fantastic car. I am like a proud parent today!

Can't wait to see what the speed was down the last straight section (Döttinger Höhe?) . He was on it the entire time,throwing that car around like a boss.

Exceptionally well done !

Can't wait to see what the speed was down the last straight section (Döttinger Höhe?) . He was on it the entire time,throwing that car around like a boss.

Exceptionally well done !

Screen shot showed 332km/h, c-hair over 206mph.

Thanks!

On the straight in the video it looked like he passed 340 km/h/212 mph. SVJ is probably good enough for a 370 km/H 230 MPH top speed.

Also I misunderstood the weight figure, it could potentially be lighter than 1525 KG dry. We will have to wait and see.

On the straight in the video it looked like he passed 340 km/h/212 mph. SVJ is probably good enough for a 370 km/H 230 MPH top speed.

Also I misunderstood the weight figure, it could potentially be lighter than 1525 KG dry. We will have to wait and see.

The standard Aventador (LP700) will do 230 mph flat out (confirm to me by several sources) so I wouldn't be surprised if the SVJ could hit that or close to it (Like 220-225) due to the added aero.

Funny how Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche and McLaren all agreed that 217 mph was the "magic number" for top speed for the DOT :lol2:

My local dealer told me at a VIP thingy that Lamborghini did over 400 on Nardo with the S but the tires started melting ... No idea how accurate the speed was but it sounds strange to me. But why would he bring it up and lie to me?

My local dealer told me at a VIP thingy that Lamborghini did over 400 on Nardo with the S but the tires started melting ... No idea how accurate the speed was but it sounds strange to me. But why would he bring it up and lie to me?

No damn way it's 248+.

How much have you dealt with Lambo or their dealers?

They leave their dealers and their customers in the dark 90% of the time on everything. So the chance of specific info like that getting out accurately is unlikely.

Well done to my favorite car maker :eusa_dance:

All done with no turbos, no hybrid electric assists, just pure V12 glory.

God DAMN that’s blistering, the other thing I want to point out is how stable is at those crazy speeds, same deal like the Performante, the GT2RS driver on the other hand looked sucidal behind the wheel, that’s what’s incredible about the Performante, it’s so easy and reassuring to drive fast, the SVJ looks the same, I can’t wait to get my dirty paws on that beast !

Interesting... :eusa_think:

No damn way it's 248+.

I can see it being totally feasible. Remember, the McLaren F1 did 241 mph with 618 hp and only 479 ft/lbs torque...The original LP700 can do 230+ (confirmed to me by 2 separate race drivers at Lamborghini, one dealer contact and one factory contact) and with the S having more power, revised driving dynamics and aero, I could see it getting to 240. I tracked S and the car got to 160 mph without breaking a sweat, unlike other car's I've driven that start to lose their balls around 150. The Aventador S has 730 hp and 510 ft/lb torque, so while it has more weight, it has 100 hp more, 40 more torque, and 25 years of driving dynamics.

God DAMN that’s blistering, the other thing I want to point out is how stable is at those crazy speeds, same deal like the Performante, the GT2RS driver on the other hand looked sucidal behind the wheel, that’s what’s incredible about the Performante, it’s so easy and reassuring to drive fast, the SVJ looks the same, I can’t wait to get my dirty paws on that beast !

And it's single clutch! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Interesting... :eusa_think:

I can see it being totally feasible. Remember, the McLaren F1 did 241 mph with 618 hp and only 479 ft/lbs torque...The original LP700 can do 230+ (confirmed to me by 2 separate race drivers at Lamborghini, one dealer contact and one factory contact) and with the S having more power, revised driving dynamics and aero, I could see it getting to 240. I tracked S and the car got to 160 mph without breaking a sweat, unlike other car's I've driven that start to lose their balls around 150. The Aventador S has 730 hp and 510 ft/lb torque, so while it has more weight, it has 100 hp more, 40 more torque, and 25 years of driving dynamics.

And it's single clutch! :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

The weakest link, if it was DCT it would’ve been faster, also perhaps it would spend more time in my garage than dealer’s workshop 😉

I doubt it. Nardo was in much better condition when they set the record with the F1. It's really bumpy these days. F1 probably weighs more than a 1,000 pounds less wet. Don't they limit Aventador's top speed to 217 mph because of the tires? Why would they run a gear that could take the Aventador to 248 mph? I've also seen documented info on 230 mph, but 248 mph it's a stretch.

Either way, to finish a long production run and post that time, it's really impressive. Shows you what a rabbit hole all the hypercar hybrid car malarkey was.