• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's reconvene when:

They green light it for production and/or Make a 2 door version

Believe me, I'll be on stand by. I'm saddened they didn't make this. But I kinda like that Lamborghini and Ferrari stay out of each other's way.

They have to be sporty, no? :lol2:

The GTs IMO have to be aggressive but elegant at the same time, more comfortable than sporty, imagine taking your girl out to a beautiful dinner, all dressed up elegantly, would you like to get there in a straight pipped Aventador to make her ears bleed or a nice rumbling comfortable GT?

That’s the reason why I am missing the point of sporty/aggressive front engined exotic sports cars.

As for design it comes down to the “language” you like, if you like the origami Lamborghini puts out they could draw a bicycle and you’d be attracted to it, if you like the round curvy organic shapes Ferrari designs you’d be attracted to that no matter what, personally I am not attracted to long nose bulbous shape cars, they look awkwardly out of proportions for me, the 812 type cars is the least of my favorite car designs, mostly because the design is too conflicted, they are trying to make a sensuous shape aggressive so you think it’s a sports car more than a GT and that’s where the design fails for me because they are using two conflicting languages, kind of like designing a child friendly minimalist house interior, you can do it but you’d definitely alienate fans of the individual design languages.

That’s where Aston nails it, in particular with the new Superleggera, that car is stunning because it has just a touch of aggression on otherwise a very sensuous/curvy body design, unfortunately for me the interior lacks, I don’t like Aston interiors, Bentley on the other hand KILLS the interiors and so you can almost forgive them for the almost uninspired exterior design, what I’d like to see is the new Bently GT interior in the new Aston Superleggera.

Because I see the GT as more of a utilitarian car I could accept the ugly shape if I could fit my entire family in it and that’s the reason why I really like the 4 seater Ferrari Lusso, unfortunately it’s only 4 seater and they lose half their value before the ink drys on the contract so you’d be much better off with an Aston/Bently/Benz

My favorite Ferrari design at the moment is the Portofino, I’ve spent a lot of time looking at that car and the design is beautiful mostly because they aren’t trying to make it aggressive.

Anyway back to proper hairy chested bad ass sports cars the SVJ, the king of the green hell :icon_super:

The SVJ might not be number limited according to this article...

Unfortunately exactly in line with the feedback I got, we get the record we’ll make as many as we can sell, we don’t we will limit it, I hope that’s not correct because limiting the numbers would make this car extremely special, last of the NA V12 and a record holder.

I don’t collect so I don’t care but I can see how those who want to collect them would be quite pissed if that were to happen.

Unfortunately exactly in line with the feedback I got, we get the record we’ll make as many as we can sell, we don’t we will limit it, I hope that’s not correct because limiting the numbers would make this car extremely special, last of the NA V12 and a record holder.

I don’t collect so I don’t care but I can see how those who want to collect them would be quite pissed if that were to happen.

I'm all for them making as many as possible...Since a brand new one is out of the budget it'll make it easier for me to pick up a second hand one :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

...hopefully :eusa_think:

I'm all for them making as many as possible...Since a brand new one is out of the budget it'll make it easier for me to pick up a second hand one :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

...hopefully :eusa_think:

No matter how many they make they will not drop like the average models but don’t let that be a deterrent, go hard and you will get there :icon_super:

No matter how many they make they will not drop like the average models but don’t let that be a deterrent, go hard and you will get there :icon_super:

Thank you, that is in full progress now :icon_thumleft: I don't expect them to drop, but it's easier to find 1 or 2 of a production run of 1000 vs 600 :icon_mrgreen:

Huge congratulations to the company. Has there ever been a better time to be a Lamborghini person/ owner? Probably not.

The SVJ ring record achievement will trickle down to all us owners irrespective of the model. Not only the current quickest time but 3 of the top 8 cars (should be 3 of 6 as those radicals are nothing more than track cars frigged to be road legal). I watched the whole video and Marco Mapelli didn't appear to be on the ragged edge like he was 3 years ago in the SV. I actually think he left 2 or 3 seconds on the table in the SVJ.

And they continue to consistently make the best looking cars, model after model, of any manufacturer over the last 50+ years.

Looks and ability. Who could want for more?

Huge congratulations to the company. Has there ever been a better time to be a Lamborghini person/ owner? Probably not.

The SVJ ring record achievement will trickle down to all us owners irrespective of the model. Not only the current quickest time but 3 of the top 8 cars (should be 3 of 6 as those radicals are nothing more than track cars frigged to be road legal). I watched the whole video and Marco Mapelli didn't appear to be on the ragged edge like he was 3 years ago in the SV. I actually think he left 2 or 3 seconds on the table in the SVJ.

And they continue to consistently make the best looking cars, model after model, of any manufacturer over the last 50+ years.

Looks and ability. Who could want for more?

:iamwithstupid: Yeah it does look like a few seconds were left on the able, much like with the original SV. But hey, as you stated, 3 of the top 6 cars are Lambos :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

I guess they just want to sell as many as possible like when the HP beat record

Imagine if it was 800HP and limited, could that be the next one !?

Yeah honestly if it turns out that it is not limited and they are just going to pump them out I will most likely cancel my order. Because at that point I know 100% I will get one in the used market for $200k off eventually.

I honestly would be really mad if it wasn’t limited. Why would a manufacturer whore out their top dog like thar ?

Yeah honestly if it turns out that it is not limited and they are just going to pump them out I will most likely cancel my order. Because at that point I know 100% I will get one in the used market for $200k off eventually.

I honestly would be really mad if it wasn’t limited. Why would a manufacturer whore out their top dog like thar ?

I am certain the production numbers will be no more than the SV.

I am certain the production numbers will be no more than the SV.

I really hope so. I am confirmed to have the #1 slot for roadster with my dealer so it would suck to give it up.

Roadster will be rarer than the Coupe. I guess that's basic knowledge.

Remains to be seen if they pull a Performante (1 year of production, producing as many as they can) or limited numbers similarly to SV with a plaque that says 1 of X.

Lamborghini Aventador SVJ review: 760bhp prototype tested

Well, you take an SV, you apply the learning of the Huracán Performante (ALA adaptive aero, four wheel steering) and then turn it up to eleven. More power, tougher suspension, more downforce – you know the score.

But actually there’s more to it than that – and it mostly stems from the downforce. We’re in the age of it now, as I’m sure you’ll have noticed. And because car companies are in the early learning stage, the gains are big. The J has 40 per cent more downforce than the SV, yet no more drag. One per cent less in fact.

Total downforce at VMax is around 490kg, split roughly 40:60 front to rear. And it’s that split that’s the difference. The SV’s aero split was 20:80, and when you tried to drive it fast, you noticed. Without the aero pressure on the front, the handling balance was off. It understeered relatively easily and when you got beyond the limits of the rear, it broke away fast. This is all respective, you understand. By any standards, the SV had a lot of grip – witness how fast Marco Mapelli made it go around the ‘Ring. But also watch the film again to see just how busy it kept him…

Now, the aero split mimics the 43:57 weight distribution and that helps set-up. The extra downforce has also meant more fundamental changes: the tyre sidewalls have had to be stiffened, the hydraulic power steering has had to be retuned, the torque split adjusted and so on.

Full article: https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/aventad...011/first-drive

aventador_svj_anteprima_003.jpg

aventador_svj_anteprima_026.jpg

aventador_svj_anteprima_048.jpg

aventador_svj_anteprima_069.jpg

aventador_svj_anteprima_106.jpg

Roadster will be rarer than the Coupe. I guess that's basic knowledge.

Remains to be seen if they pull a Performante (1 year of production, producing as many as they can) or limited numbers similarly to SV with a plaque that says 1 of X.

I'm thinking it'll be limited production like the HP but not number limited.

I'm thinking it'll be limited production like the HP but not number limited.

A lot of deposits will be refunded if it doesn't go limited numbers. My dealer says limited number

A lot of deposits will be refunded if it doesn't go limited numbers. My dealer says limited number

I hope you are right man. Cause I will be one to cancel.

Ask Ferrai why so many F40's got made...if they sell a bunch, its great for profitability.

Ask Ferrai why so many F40's got made...if they sell a bunch, its great for profitability.

There is no question about that but also that was 30yrs ago. They don’t do that anymore.

Hell they learned quickly witn the F50. And numbers don’t lie. An F40 is $1-1.5mil where the F50 is $3mil +. And I am not in thar category but majority believe the F40 isna better car but prices don’t show it.

I hope you are right man. Cause I will be one to cancel.

I hope I am wrong but you might be safe to cancel now, I was told they will be running the way of the Performante, as many as they can pump in one year but since they can’t make them as fast they are thinking they will be as limited as the SV, who knows at this stage, I think even Lamborghini hasn’t decided. I mentioned this in my earlier comments, those who want very low SVJ numbers should pray for no record.

As for you being able to get it for $200k less, how is the SV market over there? Have they dropped that much yet? That might be a good indication but I bet the SVJ will hold a bit stronger being the last NA V12 the Roadster even stronger, the other downside is that if and when you will find something $200k cheaper it might not be your desired bespoke combo and the last downside YOLO, if you have the money to burn who really cares, buying it is a dumb financial decision to begin with, you getting few hundred k off would hardly make it any smarter :icon_mrgreen:

Lamborghini Aventador SVJ review: 760bhp prototype tested

Full article: https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/aventad...011/first-drive

This review kind of deflated my excitement for the SVJ, same complaints about the gearbox and unfortunately I know exactly what the reviewer is talking about, it seems that the car is a more refined wilder looking SV, would the performance differences be noticeable other than at stratospheric speeds? That’s left to be seen.

Either way I’ve learned to take reviews with a huge grain of salt so I will withhold final judgment until I test drive one myself until then I will just be cautiously optimistic.