Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My friends who ordered it want to cancel if it’s only 760 hp and unlimited.

It won’t help if the price is higher than the limited SV !

The 760 HP is to keep it under the Centenario, it would’ve been nice if they gave it a nice round number 800 :icon_mrgreen:

Are you selling your SV or just keep collecting them?

Full article: https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/aventad...011/first-drive

This review kind of deflated my excitement for the SVJ, same complaints about the gearbox and unfortunately I know exactly what the reviewer is talking about, it seems that the car is a more refined wilder looking SV, would the performance differences be noticeable other than at stratospheric speeds? That’s left to be seen.

Either way I’ve learned to take reviews with a huge grain of salt so I will withhold final judgment until I test drive one myself until then I will just be cautiously optimistic.

It’s funny how same article can be read and people have different tastes in their mouth. For me this is what I took away from it.

1) they still hate the ISR- but we already knew it wasn’t gonna have DCT and I personally like that kick in the ass.

2) It is still a big girl

3) we got titanium intakes and SVJ makes more power between 2500-7500 more than SV does at peak

4) they increased down force significantly without any addition of drag (1%)

5) best handling Lamborghini the editor has driven

6) the 4WS and ALA 2.0 are on point

7) seats suck lol

The 760 HP is to keep it under the Centenario, it would’ve been nice if they gave it a nice round number 800 :icon_mrgreen:

Are you selling your SV or just keep collecting them?

I heard about 760 from way back and mentioned it here then..

Yes 800 limited edition would have been much better IF this is really last NA Lambo especially since Ferrari has 812 ..

Maybe Lambo will make another one with 800 or go 780 then 800 and sell us more cars . Don’t be surprised 😃

You know I never sell and keep hoarding them so SV will stay 😂

It’s funny how same article can be read and people have different tastes in their mouth. For me this is what I took away from it.

1) they still hate the ISR- but we already knew it wasn’t gonna have DCT and I personally like that kick in the ass.

2) It is still a big girl

3) we got titanium intakes and SVJ makes more power between 2500-7500 more than SV does at peak

4) they increased down force significantly without any addition of drag (1%)

5) best handling Lamborghini the editor has driven

6) the 4WS and ALA 2.0 are on point

7) seats suck lol

The seats don’t suck for me, I actually love them LOL, I can’t wait to drive this beast, I always said I love the Lamborghini design so much that I’d buy them without motors :lol2:

Yes 800 limited edition would have been much better IF this is really last NA Lambo especially since Ferrari has 812 ..

Maybe Lambo will make another one with 800 or go 780 then 800 and sell us more cars . Don’t be surprised 😃

Who knows but you know if they make another more special one you and me both will be there with a chequebook LOL

You are a proper hoarder 😂, I’ve lost count, how many do you have so far ?

It's Lamborghini so it's not too farfetched that they might release a limited last edition SVJ with a bump in HP and charge an extra $150k lol.

Who knows but you know if they make another more special one you and me both will be there with a chequebook LOL

You are a proper hoarder 😂, I’ve lost count, how many do you have so far ?

Yes ! Definitely if it’s more special 😃 I love Lambo despite its problems (which I constantly report to the factory lol) and they sometimes listen . They are improving with Domenicali on top !

I only have 3 Lambos. It’s an addiction but I’d like Lamborghini to go back to being most exclusive and fastest as I remember it from the old days ! It’s a big ask now because it may not be profitable for co

It's Lamborghini so it's not too farfetched that they might release a limited last edition SVJ with a bump in HP and charge an extra $150k lol.

Exactly. And idiots like me will buy it !

Yes ! Definitely if it’s more special 😃 I love Lambo despite its problems (which I constantly report to the factory lol) and they sometimes listen . They are improving with Domenicali on top !

I only have 3 Lambos. It’s an addiction but I’d like Lamborghini to go back to being most exclusive and fastest as I remember it from the old days ! It’s a big ask now because it may not be profitable for co

Only 3 LOL, that’s plenty, well done!

What color combo are you going to do on the SVJ?

I'm not sure which seats to get. Which ones get more headroom the buckets or the comfort seats?

Carbon buckets or nothing.

Not sure if this image was posted but I assume these are one of wheel designs that'll be offered on the SVJ.

aasdasd.png

I really hope so. I am confirmed to have the #1 slot for roadster with my dealer so it would suck to give it up.

Hmmm I have allocation for a coupe but wondering now if I should hold out for a roadster. Don’t know if I can wait that long!

If Lamborghini decides to do a race exhaust, it will be pushing near 800 HP.

There are at least 2-3 new wheel options available with the SVJ.

Perfect combo would be a Roadster with comfort seats. Long ago I was told that the production of the Roadster will only run for half a year. That must mean it will be more exclusive than the Coupe. Being the last N/A V12, Roadster should hold, if not appreciate in value after launch. But people don't buy these cars for resale money (Ferrari lol) people buy them to enjoy them.

Carbon buckets or nothing.

I'm concerned with headroom, so trying to figure out which seat will give me more.

I'm concerned with headroom, so trying to figure out which seat will give me more.

I am assuming the carbon seat since it has no padding.

The comfort seats recline as well as move fore and aft. The carbon buckets do not recline. More headroom with the comfort seats at least in SV.

There is no question about that but also that was 30yrs ago. They don’t do that anymore.

Hell they learned quickly witn the F50. And numbers don’t lie. An F40 is $1-1.5mil where the F50 is $3mil +. And I am not in thar category but majority believe the F40 isna better car but prices don’t show it.

While that is true, an F50 being worth $3 million does nothing for Ferrari, because thats an after the fact price. The F50 was made in small numbers because they never planned to build it, however with the Enzo and the La-Ferrari, they made those is higher quantity, and yes they made well beyond the official "production run." Italian math is a funny thing.

Regardless, the SVJ will be a nice money maker for Lambo the only question is how much. And if you want to talk out out of this world pricing, the Pagani Zonda HP Barchetta takes the ultimate cake at $17.5 million new :icon_mrgreen: Good for Pagani getting R&D money in a super quick grab :lol2:

Six things you need to know: Lamborghini Aventador SVJ:

It's the end of the road for the naked V12

“This is the last time the V12 will be on its own,“ Maurizio Reggiani, Lambo’s R&D boss told me. That alone will ensure buyers flock to the Aventador SVJ – this 6.5-litre 760bhp motor will forever be Lamborghini’s ultimate V12. From this point on, the V12 – and the V10 in the Huracán if it continues – will be electrically assisted. Both Reggiani and CEO Stefano Domenicali not admitted it, but expect hybrid to be the answer across the board, including for Urus.

Weight will be the issue

The one thing that concerns Reggiani about the electrification of Lamborghini is weight, “we do not yet have the right solution, but we do know weight-saving will be key. This is the biggest challenge for the future of the super sports car”. Lambo has long pioneered carbon technology. Expect to see more evidence of Sesto Elemento-style weight-saving going forwards.

That 'J' has been used sparingly throughout Lambo history

The name that has been applied to the most extreme versions of Lamborghinis going back to the original 1970 Miura P400 Jota. It’s been used very sparingly: neither the Countach nor the Murcielago ever wore it, but in 1993 Lamborghini created the Diablo SE30 Jota (pictured) and two years later a one-off Diablo Jota to homologate two race cars for the Japanese GT championship.

The name comes via the FIA's rulebook

Good story. Back in 1970 Lamborghini wanted to get the Miura into racing, so chief test drive/engineer Bob Wallace got hold of the FIA rulebook and turned to Appendix J – the section that dealt with homologation specials and one-offs. Although the Miura never raced, the name (the letter J in Italian is pronounced Jota) stuck.

Lambo has not forgotten its roots

“We are still a super sports car brand,” Domenicali told me, obviously eager to make it clear that while the Urus might already be Lambo’s best-selling model of all time, it won’t be the car that defines the brand. He’d had one other concern: “I thought everyone would order an Urus in black or blue or grey, I thought yellow would only be maybe five per cent of cars, but actually we have 14 per cent of orders in yellow.”

The Nordschleife was a key development target

“The target for our engineers was to do better than the SV,” says Reggiani, “but for us to say better means to be the best.” In other words, the target for the Super Veloce Jota wasn’t just the standard SV’s time, or the Huracán Performante’s, they were aiming at Porsche’s GT2 RS record from the very start.

Source: Topgear.com

The comfort seats recline as well as move fore and aft. The carbon buckets do not recline. More headroom with the comfort seats at least in SV.

You can actually recline / tilt the carbon buckets, same as in MurciSV, or Aventadors or Performante. It needs to be done by fixed, ie: through actual screws and bolts; then it’s fixed in the new tilted position.

That really helps in terms of headroom and making the seats more comfortable to sit in.

You can actually recline / tilt the carbon buckets, same as in MurciSV, or Aventadors or Performante. It needs to be done by fixed, ie: through actual screws and bolts; then it’s fixed in the new tilted position.

That really helps in terms of headroom and making the seats more comfortable to sit in.

:iamwithstupid: you can actually buy aftermarket runners adapters which have additional holes for further reclining the seats.

While that is true, an F50 being worth $3 million does nothing for Ferrari, because thats an after the fact price. The F50 was made in small numbers because they never planned to build it....

The F50s were all leased to the owners for 2-3 years before they were allowed to own them, to combat the speculators who made a killing on the F40.

The 288 production was increased slightly as was the F40. F50 was right on the mark, I don't recall them making over the original projection.