It's the end of the road for the naked V12

Weight will be the issue

That 'J' has been used sparingly throughout Lambo history

The name comes via the FIA's rulebook

Lambo has not forgotten its roots

The Nordschleife was a key development target

Source: Topgear.com

- Sad end of the road for the NA V12.

- Don't think the weight is that significant -- were the LaF, P1, 918 considered heavy?

- Great story on the Jota genesis.

- I saw Mapelli's racing resume. He has the goods to get the RWD record if the company allows it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can actually recline / tilt the carbon buckets, same as in MurciSV, or Aventadors or Performante. It needs to be done by fixed, ie: through actual screws and bolts; then it’s fixed in the new tilted position.

That really helps in terms of headroom and making the seats more comfortable to sit in.

Yes. I did that in my 570 and Murcielagos I was speaking of automatic, non-fixed solutions. Good clarification.

Does anyone know if while the SVJ is being built if they will continue to build the S and S roadster as well?

If that is the case how many Aventadors in total do you think Lamborghini can make in a single year maybe that way we can figure out what the production could be for the coupe and roadster.

When I was last there they had a weekly production figure on a board above the line. From memory I am fairly sure the number was 22.5. Assuming production efficiencies have increased in the intervening period my guess would be 24 cars/week

In any working year there will be an efficiency factor. Things like summer and Christmas shuts, breakdowns, staff absence, quality driven "stop the line" and parts availability are all real world contributors. I would take a punt at 48 weeks efficiency in the year. My estimate would be 48 x 24 = 1152 units per year

With regard to total potential build number there are 3 questions that come to mind. How many per year, when will build start and when will it cease.

1) As alpha6164 insightfully asks - will they continue to build the S? The announcement that the SVJ build numbers are to be open ended suggests that they are leaving themselves flexible on this question. The cars are all built to order so it depends on those actual orders. If no one ordered the SVJ, then apart from a few demonstrators and press cars, the line would continue to produce the S. If on the other hand all orders were for SVJ then S production would reduce to a trickle. The percentage split between S and SVJ will depend on the proclivities of Mr & Mrs Customer with price and exclusivity being an important factor in their decision making process.

2) When will production commence? Deposits have been taken. Some will stick and some will bail out. More orders will follow after Monterey. What is certain is that builds won't start until cars are specced. This process can be quick or as slow as the customer wants. Some will have it locked down in a single session with the salesman. Others will ask the world and his wife for their opinion before deciding. It's very much an individual thing. I am going with an average of 4 weeks.

Additionally they have S pipeline orders to fulfil before SVJ build commences. Therefore my guess is that production will commence in late autumn 2018 with first deliveries in mid winter 2019 at the earliest.

3) I think the most important question for an open ended customer driven production run is - when will SVJ build cease? For sake of argument say the SVJ/ S ratio is 70%. 1152 x 0.7 = 806 SVJ per year. Assume just one year. That would mean 800 units. If it were say 20% then that would be 230 units per year. Lamborghini will have a very good idea of what the ratio will be. I have no idea myself but my gut says 60 to 70% bias SVJ.

If only one year of production then that would mean either yet another AV variant or the AV replacement would cause SVJ production to finish. Received wisdom is that the AV replacement is no earlier than 2021 and I buy in to this. So the question is - will SVJ production go through to 2021 or will there be another latest and greatest as a swan song? Personally I think the SVJ will be built for 2 years 2019/2020. Lamborghini has stated it won't be a number on a plaque limited but it will be limited in the sense that annual AV production is finite. The build numbers depend on the SVJ/S ratio.

Then I think there will be a run out model for the final year 2021. Possibly even two models - a refresh of the S and a low number car (200 - 300 limited, numbered units) as an outrageous last hurrah.

Only time will tell if my guesses are correct.

You pay your money and you take your choice

That was a great post Darth Sidious - I never thought about the last hoorah car being a big deal until the news that the SVJ would not be limited. If that truly is the case I have a feeling that a lot of people with deposits on the SVJ will hold off. The SVJ is obviously a great car but judging from the responses of the brands biggest raving fans (the members on this forum) we don't just want performance, we want exclusivity. To make an 'unlimited' amount with a totally new flagship car looming just seems poorly thought out.

the Top Gear article mentions a 20hp gain over the SV and ends up at 760hp ... but the SV is an LP750-4, so the SVJ will be an LP770-4 in the end? Makes sense no?

the Top Gear article mentions a 20hp gain over the SV and ends up at 760hp ... but the SV is an LP750-4, so the SVJ will be an LP770-4 in the end? Makes sense no?

The model designations are listed in PS (Metric Horsepower)...when converted to HP (mechanical Horsepower), that's the result. so the SV-J will be a 770...and have 760hp

The more important question is, where are the renders? :icon_mrgreen:

Darth, great analysis and extrapolation...I think your production time of 2019/2020 2 year run is accurate.

Isn’t there an emissions law shutting down pure NA production by 2020?

760 hp = 770 PS

I heard that the SVJ is definitely not the last NA Aventador.

Lambo will milk it dry as far as possible.

They will make at least 2 more models the last will be limited 800 hp and we customers will be happily buying each model then the hybrid will arrive !

Domenicali and his team are very clever and are adopting some Ferrari marketing tactics 😂

760 hp = 770 PS

They will make at least 2 more models the last will be limited 800 hp and we customers will be happily buying each model then the hybrid will arrive !

Domenicali and his team are very clever and are adopting some Ferrari marketing tactics 😂

This is honestly what I figured as soon as I heard they wouldn't be numbered. Tons of hype but there is still a swan song coming - crazy to me they would use the JOTA name but not have it be the ultimate.

760 hp = 770 PS

How confident or reliable is this source? And since 2020 we are assuming is the end of the Aventadors run wouldnt they have to shortly announce it at least by beginning of 2019?

This is honestly what I figured as soon as I heard they wouldn't be numbered. Tons of hype but there is still a swan song coming - crazy to me they would use the JOTA name but not have it be the ultimate.

Perhaps they'll follow the Diablo modeling strategy (which it seems that they are) which means an Aventador GT & GTR could be next :eusa_dance:

I think this still should hold pretty well !

B4E86C38_2F20_4682_A599_4EA996FCDA31.jpeg

B20CF981_1CC5_4697_BB2E_6CD8D02F2608.jpeg

That’s freaking hot! I hope it looks like that or better.

Lamborghini is on a tight schedule already, there is no way they will fit in "another last special" for the Aventador. They still have the S and S Roadster, plus SVJ Roadster production to cope with on top of that new special edition hypercar (probably special operations center will take care of it. Special one-off models like Centenario, Veneno etc are built in a separate building.)

If they do a last special edition, it will be extremely limited. We are talking about 5-30 units of it.

I tend to agree with APB’s analysis, if they will make another LE SVJ the numbers will be small so they cope with tight production schedule and very expensive so it’s worth their while, otherwise why would you bother ?

Let’s not forget they are also building the 60 odd units of the limited edition run.

I tend to agree with APB’s analysis, if they will make another LE SVJ the numbers will be small so they cope with tight production schedule and very expensive so it’s worth their while, otherwise why would you bother ?

Let’s not forget they are also building the 60 odd units of the limited edition run.

:iamwithstupid:

I agree: more likely one more limited edition and why not since there is demand?!. Time will tell 😃

I agree: more likely one more limited edition and why not since there is demand?!. Time will tell 😃

From a business POV I’d just make more SVJ the overall result would be the same, or some very limited bodykitted SVJ for 3 times the price, Lambo is very good at those LOL