Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

i'm not a big fan of those mustaches...most of the aftermarket bodykits have them too, and they ruin the original design IMO.

I'm not sure I love the SVJ looks that much more than a plain SV (especially front 3/4), because it's bordering on being too busy; the SV added plenty of violence over a regular Aventador (S), not sure it needs so much more. Of course will have to re-evaluate in 3 years...

But that side profile is fantastic and the performance gains are significant so overall a win. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pidu:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure I love the SVJ looks that much more than a plain SV (especially front 3/4), because it's bordering on being too busy; the SV added plenty of violence over a regular Aventador (S), not sure it needs so much more. Of course will have to re-evaluate in 3 years...

But that side profile is fantastic and the performance gains are significant so overall a win. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pidu:

Let’s talk in few weeks...

I fully agree.

Seems like “excessive detailing” is the styling trend of late and that even and especially applies to the current Japanese cars. Just look at the Civic, Corolla, Camry, RAV4 etc.: what’s with all the side slits, creases, folds etc...? Not sure I am buying the trendy “Gundam” look...

Anyway, if the SV-J needs those added aero ports for its ALA to function properly resulting with the added performance, so be it. Otherwise, as it currently suggests, this sure isn’t the best looking model out of the Aventador series.

This is flashback to when they showed the SV and half the board INCLUDING myself lost their shit that it wasnt good looking lol. I really remember back and tell myself was i blind? 6 months later it was the most beautiful Aventador yet. I aint making that mistake again :)

All I am hearing is people:

1 Trying to talk themselves out of wanting one

2 Cant get one right now so more of the above...

3 Being negative just cause

All of these people will change their position when it is released. :eusa_dance:

I am never judging before I see a car IRL, I thought the Senna was an ugly POS until I saw one IRL, now I’d love an allocation but no go :(

I am quite sure the SVJ will be NUTZ!

Some ALA parts, I was wrong on the wing, it does have little holes like Performante. In fact they seem to be smaller (zoom in to see them properly):

lamborghini-aventador-svj-close-look.jpg

Only a few weeks away. Very nice and accurate renders Lambocars!

All of these people will change their position when it is released. :eusa_dance:

:iamwithstupid:

I remember back when people were disappointed that the Murcielago and Gallardo special editions were just paint jobs and now that the Aventador special edition is a record setting track animal it still doesn't seem to be enough ...

:iamwithstupid: I think the SV is overall the best looking car they've made. The SVJ is just badass...it's not pretty but but damn from these renders it looks badass. I can't wait to see it in the flesh.

:iamwithstupid:

i'm not a big fan of those mustaches...most of the aftermarket bodykits have them too, and they ruin the original design IMO.

Yeah, for now it appears that way.........for now.... :icon_mrgreen:

Let’s talk in few weeks...

No doubt! I know you'll have some ammo by then... :lol2:

I fully agree.

Seems like “excessive detailing” is the styling trend of late and that even and especially applies to the current Japanese cars. Just look at the Civic, Corolla, Camry, RAV4 etc.: what’s with all the side slits, creases, folds etc...? Not sure I am buying the trendy “Gundam” look...

Anyway, if the SV-J needs those added aero ports for its ALA to function property resulting with the added performance, so be it. Otherwise, as it currently suggests, this sure isn’t the best looking model out of the Aventador series.

Your last part is gold - if these additional aero ports are needed for ALA, so be it. Agree!

BTW, styling discussion is just that, discussion. Nobody bought an Enzo for the outright styling......a total spaceship versus their regular cars, at least this one is relatable.

Just think of the SVJ as a street legal SV race car and all is good. :icon_pidu:

This is flashback to when they showed the SV and half the board INCLUDING myself lost their shit that it wasnt good looking lol. I really remember back and tell myself was i blind? 6 months later it was the most beautiful Aventador yet. I aint making that mistake again :)

I'm a slow adopter to styling, so I'm guilty as charged. I didn't like the LP560 when it dropped and now can't see how I didn't immediately prefer it over the original G.

Aventador I think I was lukewarm to, and now I also prefer it over a Murcielago styling wise (base to base, SV to SV, etc).

6 months from now I might call the SVJ the greatest looking car that's ever been. :lol2:

Don't think anyone is being negative.

Initial consensus is a better car driving wise at maybe the expense of some style, which overall makes it a better car to most.

I bet many think the SVJ/SV styling difference is smaller than the SV(J) to S. The base/S really feels like a totally different car than the SV(J).

I remember back when people were disappointed that the Murcielago and Gallardo special editions were just paint jobs and now that the Aventador special edition is a record setting track animal it still doesn't seem to be enough ...

If VCR is right then I think nobody will care.

If the SVJ could have been achieved with an SV body, people might be disappointed.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Where's is Captain Chaos' epic "Cycle of L Power Post" when you need it?

When you get around to it, please do a Roadster SVJ in Rossi Mars and Giallo!

New Giallo Orion Aventador SVJ Roadster render:

2019_aventador_svj_6.jpg

The rear engine cover is removable it isn’t hinged, glass might make it too heavy. It will be interesting to see how they resolve the roadster.

Nice, the thing in the middle of the engine cover will actually be glass.

I was hoping this to be the case.

The rear engine cover is removable it isn’t hinged, glass might make it too heavy. It will be interesting to see how they resolve the roadster.

They could use plexi or lexan like the side windows on a race car? I have no idea, but it would look really nice, also note I've heard the manifolds are gold/bronze like the Performante ones

I was hoping this to be the case.

They could use plexi or lexan like the side windows on a race car? I have no idea, but it would look really nice, also note I've heard the manifolds are gold/bronze like the Performante ones

That’s true, they might use lexan, the manifolds are bronze, I can’t wait for the car to be revealed and see some crazy renders from you :icon_thumleft:

Found this online ... looks like the Roadster version will have something special for the ALA

25017268_859248910926840_8238980556407177216_n.jpg

(this is not my photo, just found it searching)

its enough for me ;)

Found this online ... looks like the Roadster version will have something special for the ALA

do you know when was that photo taken?

410754.jpg

February……

New rear view ... glass section on engine cover slightly showing the engine, quick release are set close to the rear wing it seems (seen on TopGear video), part of the side intake seems to be black (seen on the Lamborghini video that showed the dashboard cluster with an image of a white SVJ) ... and my own idea, an SVJ script on the door:

2019_aventador_svj_7.jpg