Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New rear view ... glass section on engine cover slightly showing the engine, quick release are set close to the rear wing it seems (seen on TopGear video), part of the side intake seems to be black (seen on the Lamborghini video that showed the dashboard cluster with an image of a white SVJ) ... and my own idea, an SVJ script on the door:

post-106629-1533807353_thumb.jpg

Perfect.

New rear view ... glass section on engine cover slightly showing the engine, quick release are set close to the rear wing it seems (seen on TopGear video), part of the side intake seems to be black (seen on the Lamborghini video that showed the dashboard cluster with an image of a white SVJ) ... and my own idea, an SVJ script on the door:

2019_aventador_svj_7.jpg

This post should be marked NSFW

post-106629-1533807353_thumb.jpg

I like your interpretation of the vent behind the door. This car is going to be on another level.

If the ALA display is a hint there is going to be a Y pattern on the rear cover as part of the standard livery. The side intake will have a CF leading edge as well.

post_11006_1532148295_thumb.jpg

Has anyone confirmed if this is actually going to be limited yet or is it still up in the air? I need to confirm my order but don't know if I want to if there's a 'swan song' AV coming out next.

Has anyone confirmed if this is actually going to be limited yet or is it still up in the air? I need to confirm my order but don't know if I want to if there's a 'swan song' AV coming out next.

I spoke to the rep for East Coast and said it will not be numbered. And no word that there will be another one but did not rule it out.

Slightly updated side view on the SVJ Roadster:

2019_aventador_svj_4.jpg

I think the lower part of the front bumper and that fin in the side of the front bumper could be color coded instead of carbon fiber

I think the lower part of the front bumper and that fin in the side of the front bumper could be color coded instead of carbon fiber

From the dash screen it looks to be the case.

Not sure if this is true but I read the limited SVJ will be called "J63" and will be 63 full exposed carbon bodied SVJ's in addition to the one off hypercar.

I spoke to the rep for East Coast and said it will not be numbered. And no word that there will be another one but did not rule it out.

If SVJ is not limited there will be another one or more "Special editions" before they introduce the successor. It doesn't change the fact that SVJ is going to be awesome. And SVJ not being limited may increase SV prices long term.

Successor is supposed to be out as early as 2020 Geneva Motor Show. They still got plenty to reveal, including SVJ Roadster, One-off Hybrid Hypercar, Huracan facelifts and etc. Limited Hybrid Hypercar is "reserved" for 2019 Geneva Motor Show.

Also this further confirms that SVJ as a model (special editions exluded ofcourse) will be the last non assisted N/A V12 Lamborghini ever:

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercars/...aventador-svj#1

It doesn't change the fact that SVJ is going to be awesome.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

This car is the Ring King and most badass car they've built to date.

Not sure if this is true but I read the limited SVJ will be called "J63" and will be 63 full exposed carbon bodied SVJ's in addition to the one off hypercar.

I want the exposed carbon body one :shock:

No that isn't true, that is the new one off lambo.

No that isn't true, that is the new one off lambo.

:iamwithstupid:

I do not think that is true either and I was at the "few-off" special model event. Someone (certainly not sl55, of course) is splicing the info. between the special model and the SV-J together; hence the alleged "J63" designation which seems incorrect.

Factor in all the logic and rationale, it's more than likely that Lamborghini SpA hasn't even finalized themselves on how many SV-J's (coupe & roadster) will be made and whether they should be numbered or not. The quantity of the "few-off" has been finalized; then there are the regular AV-S coupes and roadsters to cater to. How many V!2 flagship (all its variants) can the factory produced within the next 36months? There is a number circulating around from "reliable sources" on the SV-J's quantity and, contrary to what has been said here, it appears low; too low to be totally convincing IMO. Keep in mind that we are also at the homestretch on the unveil so a deliberate rumour to add to the hype is not unexpected.

If they can and given Lambo's undeniable fact it is still a rather small manufacturer, they will build the last few "final edition" cars just to squeeze every single Euro out from the AV-series. But the difference, if any aside from the paint job, should be minimal. (The Pirelli Edition, Miura Tribute and the Japan 50th Anniversary are good hints.) A) It won't be worthwhile to tinker with a plethora of tests and trials to up just a few hp more unless they charge the moon for it but who would pay that especially when Lambo has to ensure it does not eat into the special model. B ) If they make less than the special model then it will make the special model a lot less "special" and those who are paying $$$$ for the special model are all going to cry foul. (Lambo executed that very well with the SV vs. the Centenario so they sure won't mess it up now.) C) There is a lesson learned from the Gallardo Final Edition. Not exactly a car that people were lining up to buy and even till this day, how often are these G-FE talked about or even remembered.

:iamwithstupid:

I do not think that is true either and I was at the "few-off" special model event. Someone (certainly not sl55, of course) is splicing the info. between the special model and the SV-J together; hence the alleged "J63" designation which seems incorrect.

Factor in all the logic and rationale, it's more than likely that Lamborghini SpA hasn't even finalized themselves on how many SV-J's (coupe & roadster) will be made and whether they should be numbered or not. The quantity of the "few-off" has been finalized; then there are the regular AV-S coupes and roadsters to cater to. How many V!2 flagship (all its variants) can the factory produced within the next 36months? There is a number circulating around from "reliable sources" on the SV-J's quantity and, contrary to what has been said here, it appears low; too low to be totally convincing IMO. Keep in mind that we are also at the homestretch on the unveil so a deliberate rumour to add to the hype is not unexpected.

If they can and given Lambo's undeniable fact it is still a rather small manufacturer, they will build the last few "final edition" cars just to squeeze every single Euro out from the AV-series. But the difference, if any aside from the paint job, should be minimal. (The Pirelli Edition, Miura Tribute and the Japan 50th Anniversary are good hints.) A) It won't be worthwhile to tinker with a plethora of tests and trials to up just a few hp more unless they charge the moon for it but who would pay that especially when Lambo has to ensure it does not eat into the special model. B ) If they make less than the special model then it will make the special model a lot less "special" and those who are paying $$$$ for the special model are all going to cry foul. (Lambo executed that very well with the SV vs. the Centenario so they sure won't mess it up now.) C) There is a lesson learned from the Gallardo Final Edition. Not exactly a car that people were lining up to buy and even till this day, how often are these G-FE talked about or even remembered.

+1.

Slightly off topic but DDE is wrapping his Huracan in SVJ camo :icon_mrgreen:

37982623_659886867701146_369553263907622

I don't think we will be seeing the Aventador successor in 2020 already ... that is almost impossible logistics wise.

At the moment the waiting list, if you put in an order for a new Aventador, is about 8 to 10 months ... if we look at the production numbers per year I would put that at 1,200 Aventador so on average 100 V12's per month (not really exact because the factory closes down in August, but for argument sake let's stick with that) ... so with a 9 month waiting list, that would mean they have about 900 Aventador still to be built that have been ordered already, most of those would be Aventador S and Aventador S Roadster.

Now add the production for the SVJ and SVJ Roadster ... as I guess the few that are already being built on the assembly line are pre-production demo/press cars ... let's say they do 500 SVJ and 400 SVJ Roadster ... that's another 9 months of production ... so we are already looking at 18 months worth of Aventador models needing to be built ...

If they want to show the successor at the 2020 Geneva Motor Show it would mean they have to modify the assembly line for the new model in August 2019 (that is when the factory is closed, and they can remove the Aventador line and install the new line) ... but that is less than 12 months from today ... so there is no way they can still build all the Aventador they need.

So I am sure we will not be seeing an Aventador replacement in 2020, but more likely 2021 ... so they change the line in August 2020 which leaves them about 24 months worth of Aventador production ... which makes perfect sense ... I think they will be accepting Aventador S and S Roadster orders while the SVJ and SVJ Roadster are available, but if I would make a guess I would think they will stop the ordering process by January 2020 so they have 8 months to finish building the Aventadors still on order ... and that would mean they have kept the Aventador in production for 10 years ... and with 8,000 units of the V12 being built up to July 2018 I guess they will reach 10,000 Aventador by the time production is halted.

Found this online ... looks like the Roadster version will have something special for the ALA

25017268_859248910926840_8238980556407177216_n.jpg

(this is not my photo, just found it searching)

alamborghini_aventador_svj_spied_with_aggressive_aero_gets_closer_to_production_7.jpg

alamborghini_aventador_svj_spied_with_aggressive_aero_gets_closer_to_production_10.jpg

alamborghini_aventador_svj_spied_with_aggressive_aero_gets_closer_to_production_3.jpg

alamborghini_aventador_svj_spied_with_aggressive_aero_gets_closer_to_production_12.jpg

alamborghini_aventador_svj_spied_with_aggressive_aero_gets_closer_to_production_15.jpg

This is flashback to when they showed the SV and half the board INCLUDING myself lost their shit that it wasnt good looking lol. I really remember back and tell myself was i blind? 6 months later it was the most beautiful Aventador yet. I aint making that mistake again :)

That was me with the Senna....thought pics looked like shit.

Butttt....in the flesh.....oh myyyyy!

I am never judging before I see a car IRL, I thought the Senna was an ugly POS until I saw one IRL, now I’d love an allocation but no go :(

I am quite sure the SVJ will be NUTZ!

Hah, just wrote this....repeat