Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

If you think about it logically, the A-pillars were an option for the SV, if you get a Roadster you can get carbon roofs, that leaves the rear deck lid in carbon and the wing support, I personally don’t see the value, if it’s only $100k more just to say that yours is the rarest out of 1800 units it might be worth it I guess but otherwise it wouldn’t make much sense to me.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: $100k Sticker pack. All the carbon exposure is Ad Personam options you can already do on any Aventador.

There's 900 coupes excluding the SVJ63, so 963 coupes total. The official Lamborghini website refers to the SVJ coupe specifically, meaning the SVJ Roadster is coming later. The roadster will be produced in similar numbers to the coupe, likely slightly less.

In total we'll see over 10,000 Aventadors. Exactly as alpha said, these are all Aventadors, whether it's the 2012 base or the Centenario. Up to you to decide whether there is exclusivity in any of the models.

For me, I was 100% onboard with the SVJ. I'm now at 50%.

You're dead on with the production numbers. As for exclusivity, Lamborghini needs to make their money so I can see why they are capping production at 963 coupes, if they even make that many (*cough cough LP760 SV production cough cough*).

On the plus side it makes your SV more rare so it's value should hold strong.

There is not a question in my mind about it being an upgrade. I have driven the Aventador S and its a significant improvement over standard Aventador with the 4ws. Just the 4wheel steering alone is a major major upgrade. So the SVJ having that and better suspension, lighter, ALA etc is def an upgrade. The question really is more about production numbers. If they made 300 of them everyone would be losing their mind to get one.

:iamwithstupid: Honestly, if you like it, just get it and drive the shit out of it. 900 coupes is a "lot" but at the same time it's still a super rare car and it's the top of range hypercar you can get right now.

It's hilarious that Lamborghini makes the most badass car that's faster than everything out there and people still aren't happy :lol2:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would have liked less, but only if I got one of the less numbers!

Newer is almost always better, it will be a much better car to drive if it’s anything like the S, tough crowd, ring record, big loud V12 and jaw dropping looks. I couldn’t really have asked for more except free money with it, which is what people have been used to over the last few years!

I don’t see an issue with the number, currently the market is double what it used to be so all things remaining similar they would be fine for numbers retaining value. There is so many new dealers here it’s crazy. The problem is only if we move back to a market that we had 5-6 years ago when they came out and they actually were exclusive not because of numbers able to be produced, but the amount of buyers out there for them.

We have lived a lucky few years of cars not losing much compared to not that long ago, will it continue forever is anyone’s guess? I suspect it will continue for a while at least, there is a lot of money about in the world and finance is cheap.

Personally I wouldn’t buy a car of that value unless I was prepared to keep it for a few years and because I really wanted it (which I do) rather than it making money or being the latest shiny thing that everyone not just Lambo fans want. The market chasers that don’t even like cars but just want the car for show and then want out and into the next new thing is very bad for the brand and market and imo and also terrible as an owner profile, not so many years ago I would have bet I would like almost every Lambo owner I met, there was just something similar about them no matter race, colour or age now it’s probably 50:50. The world is changing and so is the brand, the numbers are just a reflection of that, if that’s a good or bad thing for the Lambo fans is open ended but it is certainly different in the last few years.

I also think the performante market is the most vulnerable should the market turn a bit.

Personally I wouldn’t buy a car of that value unless I was prepared to keep it for a few years and because I really wanted it (which I do) rather than it making money or being the latest shiny thing that everyone not just Lambo fans want. The market chasers that don’t even like cars but just want the car for show and then want out and into the next new thing is very bad for the brand and market and imo and also terrible as an owner profile, not so many years ago I would have bet I would like almost every Lambo owner I met, there was just something similar about them no matter race, colour or age now it’s probably 50:50. The world is changing and so is the brand, the numbers are just a reflection of that, if that’s a good or bad thing for the Lambo fans is open ended but it is certainly different in the last few years.

I completely agree with Topjay. Particularly in the quoted bit above about Lambo owners. It good to know I am not alone in noticing this.

BTW - in your avatar photo I am the 4th car on the convoy (the yellow car). I think this was a convoy to Wilton in 2011 or 2012?

Newer is almost always better, it will be a much better car to drive if it’s anything like the S, tough crowd, ring record, big loud V12 and jaw dropping looks. I couldn’t really have asked for more except free money with it, which is what people have been used to over the last few years!

I don’t see an issue with the number, currently the market is double what it used to be so all things remaining similar they would be fine for numbers retaining value. There is so many new dealers here it’s crazy. The problem is only if we move back to a market that we had 5-6 years ago when they came out and they actually were exclusive not because of numbers able to be produced, but the amount of buyers out there for them.

We have lived a lucky few years of cars not losing much compared to not that long ago, will it continue forever is anyone’s guess? I suspect it will continue for a while at least, there is a lot of money about in the world and finance is cheap.

I also think the performante market is the most vulnerable should the market turn a bit.

Agreed. Well said.

Another thing to add to what you already said; people only want something they feel guaranteed to make money on, because of some supposed low production numbers. At least Lamborghini are willing to build their most exclusive car in bigger numbers than expected, so people who WANT the car and to use it, will actually be able to buy one. This should be applauded! Unlike Porsche or Ferrari where you have to jump through hoops and beg to get a car, and even then you aren't sure of getting the car at list price.

Bravo Lambo!! I love the SV-J.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

standing-ovation.gif

Looks like the Senna might be gunning for the SVJ's ring record...

https://www.motor1.com/news/264070/mclaren-...seeking-record/

As tracked out as that car is it had better come close or beat the time...Then again...Where is the McLaren P1's time?

tumblr_inline_mx6z0kzNtT1s2m7xu.gif

And I am sure it will have no problem breaking it. Hell the 720s with right tires will do it.

Still looking for that time...

tumblr_inline_mx6z0kzNtT1s2m7xu.gif

Agreed. Well said.

Another thing to add to what you already said; people only want something they feel guaranteed to make money on, because of some supposed low production numbers. At least Lamborghini are willing to build their most exclusive car in bigger numbers than expected, so people who WANT the car and to use it, will actually be able to buy one. This should be applauded! Unlike Porsche or Ferrari where you have to jump through hoops and beg to get a car, and even then you aren't sure of getting the car at list price.

Bravo Lambo!! I love the SV-J.

:iamwithstupid: Precisely, Lamborghini will let you get their latest and great (with the understandable exception of the 1-off cars) without the headache of jumping through all these BS hoops. When getting an SVJ is simplier than getting a Porsche GT4 you know something is up :eusa_wall:

:iamwithstupid: MJ cant even get one I heard.. :/

I don’t know who MJ is but statistically due to our numbers here there are lot less potential suckers so my chances are greater :icon_mrgreen:

I bet you that they will have some very special LE Roadster available just sit tight 😉

There's 900 coupes excluding the SVJ63, so 963 coupes total. The official Lamborghini website refers to the SVJ coupe specifically, meaning the SVJ Roadster is coming later. The roadster will be produced in similar numbers to the coupe, likely slightly less.

In total we'll see over 10,000 Aventadors. Exactly as alpha said, these are all Aventadors, whether it's the 2012 base or the Centenario. Up to you to decide whether there is exclusivity in any of the models.

For me, I was 100% onboard with the SVJ. I'm now at 50%.

I feel exactly the same considering that 6 months after I take delivery they will have a new car, hybrid, DCT perhaps looking like Terzo Millennio and I will have an old clunker single clutch tranny :icon_mrgreen: I really need to drive this thing before I am all in.

If they would make 900 in total you’d take a punt but 2000 they will be everywhere like the Performante, locally I believe the number of Performante exceed the number of standard Huracans, or at least it seems that way, the showroom at the moment is full of HP cars, I think I’ve counted 4 or 5 versus 1 standard car, not looking forward to the bath when I am ready to sell my HP LOL

I don’t know who MJ is but statistically due to our numbers here there are lot less potential suckers so my chances are greater :icon_mrgreen:

I bet you that they will have some very special LE Roadster available just sit tight 😉

michael lordan..

the SVJ in my book is a grand slam! ring record, great looking, and mid 500's starting price is very impressive!

Lamborghini right now is killing it, people just love the brand and the cars they're bringing to the market. In a couple years we'll see the A replacement which will probably blow minds and will be a another grand slam for the brand.

Lamborghini right now is killing it, people just love the brand and the cars they're bringing to the market. In a couple years we'll see the A replacement which will probably blow minds and will be a another grand slam for the brand.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

:iamwithstupid:

On the plus side it makes your SV more rare so it's value should hold strong.

I think SV values are going to get hurt and by spring 2019 they are going to be a very good buy IMHO

Finished creating the Aventador SVJ Roadster version, front view, side view and rear view (which was the hardest to do) ... and I did some Ad Personam on it:

aventador_svj_roadster_1.jpg

aventador_svj_roadster_2.jpg

aventador_svj_roadster_3.jpg

Also took on the interior with some 'special' options ... first up the lightweight seats:

aventador_svj_roadster_5.jpg

aventador_svj_roadster_7.jpg

But also with the comfort seats:

aventador_svj_roadster_4.jpg

aventador_svj_roadster_6.jpg

Programming to go online as we speak ...

Finished creating the Aventador SVJ Roadster version, front view, side view and rear view (which was the hardest to do) ... and I did some Ad Personam on it

Bro, that looks epic 🔥🔥🔥🔥

No joke Lamborghini needs to hire you.

Can you please please do the exact same thing as above except make the car blu Cepheus, NO color trim around the wheels, interior, calipers, accent lines and the SV in yellow.

In a couple years we'll see the A replacement which will probably blow minds and will be a another grand slam for the brand.

Nope.

The sad thing about the SVJ is that bar any Pagani-esque final final editions this is the end of the Aventador. This is the apotheosis of the Av. The grand fanfare. The big buxom bitch with the show stopping voice is limbering her vocal chords.

Which means the replacement will be the base spec model. The blank canvas to start on. No wings, no needless flaps and stripes. We start the circle of discontentment again. We see the mules, we see the renders... we see the specifications... we see the names... the nay-sayers neigh... the lovers love... the circle continues.

I think SV values are going to get hurt and by spring 2019 they are going to be a very good buy IMHO

That is my thought as well, essentially newer version of the same car available and enough of them for people to actually be able to buy one, why would anyone buy a SV unless it was at a good discount or they couldn’t get th new car.

They might be a collectors car one day but not at the moment.

Finished creating the Aventador SVJ Roadster version, front view, side view and rear view (which was the hardest to do) ... and I did some Ad Personam on it:

Your work is awesome man.

This would be close to my spec, I'm waiting for Lambo cars to get his configurator up and going so I can make some further tweaks. Finger crossed a few deals in the works come through so I can finally bring home a new toy :headbang:

Oh man that would be great. How are those deals looking?

seats.jpg

I got the leather trim done on my sport seats similar to the picture above but in red on my HP which is arriving in a couple weeks. It delayed my car by a couple months but it's well worth the wait.

I can't wait to play on the updated configurator when it comes up...Some way, some how, we're getting you to Monterey next year :icon_super: