Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

On 8/31/2018 at 3:46 PM, porter said:

Yes. And they're making over 10,000 Aventadors. You can't compare the Ford GT or Carrera GT or whatever to just the SVJ run. You have to compare it to the entire Aventador run because they are all Aventadors. And that's why the values never climb. There's too many and the market agrees.

When Ferrari makes a limited edition, it's an entirely different car. What Lamborghini does is dress up an existing model. The Reventon was a Murcielago. The Veneno and Centenario are Aventadors. There's just no getting around that. And that's the difference that the market sees. You buy an ThethetheFerrari or 918 and you are buying a totally different car. Yes there will be some homology in some mechanical aspects and switchgear, but it's not a 911

with new aero and lipstick.

It's a thing Lamborghini does to squeeze a 10 year product cycle out of a model. They are a smaller boutique company. Lambo brings in around 700 million a year revenue. Ferrari is at least 5x higher at 3.5 billion. FIVE TIMES is a lot. Imagine being 5x wealthier than you are today. You get the picture. You'd be able to do a lot of things differently. And that's the luxury Ferrari has that Lamborghini doesn't.

What Lamborghini has done on its current budget is incredible. Even if they only hold the ring record for a few months, they've HELD IT. Amazing.

But all that said we get back to the reality that what Lamborghini has done here is hyped up their halo vehicle, then stolen their own thunder by producing 63 more "even more desirable" vehicles (that in itself is a point of discussion). Why even do that? That was retarded. Then we've got the inevitable SVJ Roadsters coming down the pipe. Then the Limited Edition hybrid that was viewed in NYC. Then what next? Maybe another couple "last hurrah" vehicles for only a few lucky hundred people? Who knows?

It's just too many too fast and sure, we drive these vehicles for fun and don't care about the appreciation, sure there's that argument. But the counter argument is that people who have the stroke for this car are not dumb guys. They are good with money and don't like wasting it. No one wants to take a 100k kick in the balls after driving a car for 18 months. It's a pretty sickening feeling.

I don't see any problems as you describe. 

Ferrari requires a buy in - something used on the lot or undesirable and lose 50 - 100k as you drive off the lot then buy another and another and you may get a special order car additionally the dealer will want it back at a lower price in order to keep your place in line. Lamborghini is a much shorter line than McLaren Porsche Ferrari. 

Porsche - you can't get anything special unless you bough into the 918. Own a CGT there were 1200 made not 10 20 50 like the special LE Lamborghini runs. It's far more exclusive and Lamborghini is focussed on performance first. The Hybrid will be a J on steroids faster and good luck finding something faster that you can take to a Lambo dealer vs Koenigsegg Pagani that will take months - then you have the new Mercedes Aston hyper cars that are eye watering to maintain. 

63LE J carbon edition is for two groups -  guys who get the hyper car and want the 63LE and those that placed a hyper car deposit and don't receive the hyper car taking a 63E J. 

What's next - who knows go look at McLaren who introduces a new LE every year or even better Ferrari who just sold 200 - 2M one or two seaters that isn't street legal and no hoop in case of a track incident. Next is a special limited faster track focussed Huracan that may be faster than the J. The Enzo was a 599 engine all their one off's are standard frames and engines. The ThethetheFerrari was a hybrid Porsche was a hybrid McLaren was a hybrid that is costing owners near 100k for a new battery regardless the Lamborghini is a Hyper car but only 63 units. 

People who stroke check - in your own words they aren't dumb and Lambo is breaking records sales and on track. Confused as I see the brand doing great all around. 

I will  sell my SV Roadster at the most take 25 - 50k loss and was offered msrp the first year - hardly a kick in the balls from my perspective Lamborghini is doing things their way. Staying NA performance focussed and very exclusive with their special editions. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/31/2018 at 3:00 PM, Luxeous said:

This is honestly one of the most spot on posts here. It's impossible to compare something like an f40 to a special edition Aventador, no matter how good this variation ends up being. I feel like the one thing Lambo is missing is that those of us willing to write the check for a car with that sort of price tag expect more exclusivity, not just lap time performance. The V12s have always been peacock cars, I have to believe Lambo knows that. If that's your audience, it'd make sense to make more limited, truly special pieces than just revamp a 6 yr old design. Personally I'm kind of bummed out - I really wanted to like this car and was stoked to be first on the list for an allocation. It felt special because I had been told 185 cars. At 900 cars plus a special edition of that, it's sort of left me feeling meh about it all together. At this point I feel like I'd rather just wait til the next model, even though they'll pump out even more of them, as it'll be unique for the first year or two.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade that's getting one, I'm sure it'll still be a fantastic car.

I agree wholeheartedly with you and Porter. I too was super stoked to be one of the first to receive the SVJ.  When I heard 900 I pulled out, delayed to the roadster.....but when that number is told to be high I’ll likely move to an SA or CGT

5 hours ago, Plastique999 said:

I agree wholeheartedly with you and Porter. I too was super stoked to be one of the first to receive the SVJ.  When I heard 900 I pulled out, delayed to the roadster.....but when that number is told to be high I’ll likely move to an SA or CGT

458 Speciale's and Aperta's Ferrari made more than SV's and J's combined. 

Coupe production from Porsche GT2RS 1000 / F12tdf's 800 / Senna's 750 the 600LT unlimited production Ford GT 2000. 

I don't think Lambo is wrong when you look at other like models and brands - it's V12 rear engine monster that will go down as one of the best cars ever produced. If this were Ferrari McLaren Porsche there would be ADM and a line out the door. My guess is people will be fighting for J slots even with 900 coupes and 900 roadsters. 

On 9/21/2018 at 4:20 PM, Luxeous said:

6'6". The problem for taller guys is actually 2 fold with seats like that - 1 is that you can't sit slightly bow-legged as the sides hold your hips in too much. The second is that without being able to recline, my head actually touches the roof. In contrast, I had about 2" of headroom left in the comfort seat coupe with a significantly more comfortable driving position. 

I love how we're the exact same height and have the exact same color preferences...Though I was able to manage the bucket seats with a smidge of space, you're right that the comfort seats make it far more driveable for us tall guys. When I tracked the Aventador S, with a helmet on my head was literally pinned to the roof of the car :aiwebs_001:

34 minutes ago, Supercar Ace said:

I love how we're the exact same height and have the exact same color preferences...Though I was able to manage the bucket seats with a smidge of space, you're right that the comfort seats make it far more driveable for us tall guys. When I tracked the Aventador S, with a helmet on my head was literally pinned to the roof of the car :aiwebs_001:

Lol dude I can't believe you could make the bucket seats work, it was actually hilarious how poorly I fit in them. Honestly made the comfort seat car feel huge and spacious - I actually appreciated it much more. 

11 hours ago, Plastique999 said:

I have to say that even though I wasn't a fan of 900 made, I get it. The car will be in high demand given what it is and the reviews that continue to come out on it will only increase it imo. Jonny Lieberman from Motor Trend was one of the few to drive it on public roads and said that it's one of the best cars he's ever driven - he was on The Smoking Tire podcast if you'd like to hear more. 

The only way this ends up working long term to make Lambos hold their value more like Porsche / Ferrari is if the performance is there to back it up. With the Perf and the SVJ, I think we're finally starting to see that. As Lambo owners and enthusiasts, I think it's a huge win for all of us. I doubt there will even end up being 500 total here in the US - we're just a bit jaded here in SoCal as 90% of those 500 end up being our neighbors lol. 

6 minutes ago, Luxeous said:

I have to say that even though I wasn't a fan of 900 made, I get it. The car will be in high demand given what it is and the reviews that continue to come out on it will only increase it imo. Jonny Lieberman from Motor Trend was one of the few to drive it on public roads and said that it's one of the best cars he's ever driven - he was on The Smoking Tire podcast if you'd like to hear more. 

The only way this ends up working long term to make Lambos hold their value more like Porsche / Ferrari is if the performance is there to back it up. With the Perf and the SVJ, I think we're finally starting to see that. As Lambo owners and enthusiasts, I think it's a huge win for all of us. I doubt there will even end up being 500 total here in the US - we're just a bit jaded here in SoCal as 90% of those 500 end up being our neighbors lol. 

True on that last point. We also need to see Lambo's financial side...Do they make the car more limited (say 450 coupes) or do they double their profit margin because they can sell 900? 900 is still a very small number but in the collector car market Lambo makes $0, there only making money on the first sale, so they're going to go for as many as they can get away with on that first go. If SVJ values go up that's great and all, but if you're Lamborghini it doesn't matter if used SVJ's go for $1 mil+, they will not see a dime from that. So for them to make less might make some collectors happy, but it hurts their bottom line in the present. Let's not forget, old school Lambo's would have been made in larger numbers if they could have done it at the time, however they simply did not have the resources then to make it happen.

That being said can we take a moment to re-appreciate just how badass it is that Lamborghini has 3 cars in the top 10 on the Ring and holds the #1 spot as well?

20180824_133601.jpg

20180824_133700.jpg

20180824_133729.jpg

20180824_133742.jpg

20180824_134413.jpg

20180824_134525.jpg

20180824_134531.jpg

20180825_145621.jpg

20180825_145645.jpg

20180825_145737.jpg

20180825_145834.jpg

20180825_145916.jpg

I'm curious to find out if I can remove the engine cover by myself on the SVJ.  I would hate to find out that it's a two person job. I like to wash my cars myself and this manual engine cover is PITA. 

44 minutes ago, Unotaz said:

I'm curious to find out if I can remove the engine cover by myself on the SVJ.  I would hate to find out that it's a two person job. I like to wash my cars myself and this manual engine cover is PITA. 

It is advised that two people do it, just like with the Roadster's roof. It can be done alone though, If you got stronger hands. You can lift it off by yourself once you unlatch the engine cover. 

Also a huge thanks to Lambocars for making the best car configurator in the business. Absolutely fantastic!
4BS6RJU.jpg

7 hours ago, Unotaz said:

I'm curious to find out if I can remove the engine cover by myself on the SVJ.  I would hate to find out that it's a two person job. 

Do you have any kids? If no, does your wife want any kids?

WOW, those are fantastic illustrations, thanx for posting. The engineering behind the body work is amazing and very technical. ex./ I had no idea what my front end looked like (on the first gen A) I'm assuming it's somewhat similar to the SVJ. Love how it shows the wind tunnel like illustrations! More like a fighter jet than a car...

Love this new slides.  The SVJ is a beast for sure!  Now big question, when do deliveries start?

I like the car a lot but I can't get over the vents on the front bumper that look like a French mustache. I'm sure the black can be painted the body color to make it blend more.

1 hour ago, DoctaM3 said:

Love this new slides.  The SVJ is a beast for sure!  Now big question, when do deliveries start?

I was just told January if I don't do some ad personam painted bits I wanted, March if I do. Thinking I'll just do January and wrap the parts I wanted painted black, probably easier anyway. 

On 9/26/2018 at 2:44 AM, APB said:

It is advised that two people do it, just like with the Roadster's roof. It can be done alone though, If you got stronger hands. You can lift it off by yourself once you unlatch the engine cover. 

Also a huge thanks to Lambocars for making the best car configurator in the business. Absolutely fantastic!
4BS6RJU.jpg

God freaking damn that spec :eusa_clap:

On 9/21/2018 at 3:08 AM, LamboCARS said:

thank you, took me a while to get it right, but it works nicely now.

That will take some work, as the 'livery' is also coupled to that ... front bumper lower section, side sills and rear bumper are all linked together as seen on the SVJ63 ... but it can be done, sure. How urgent do you need that online? Or would you like me to do a custom render for you? In that case, PM me the specs and I will put it together for you, offline.

I"m tagging you here because I can't send new attachment via DM. I need your help rendering an SVJ roadster in Rosso Effesto, but with a few extra touches noted below. Everything else is fine as is. Thanks in advance!

LP.png

On 9/25/2018 at 6:22 PM, Supercar Ace said:

Do you have any kids? If no, does your wife want any kids?

I do, got two boys but they are much to young to help me.  I guess I gotta ask the wife to help me every time I wash the SVJ. 

4 hours ago, Unotaz said:

I do, got two boys but they are much to young to help me.  I guess I gotta ask the wife to help me every time I wash the SVJ. 

Nonsense...start 'em young :badgrin: Have them bring some tonka tools to help