Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

13 hours ago, Supercar Ace said:

I"m tagging you here because I can't send new attachment via DM. I need your help rendering an SVJ roadster in Rosso Effesto, but with a few extra touches noted below. Everything else is fine as is. Thanks in advance!

LP.png

I tried photoshopping just that front winglet in black on mine but it looks strange with the front lower intake being painted. Your idea for red in the middle is an option but it'll end up just being taped off lines on a piece of CF, not sure you could get it to look right. 

Did anyone else notice that the front winglet seemed to be slightly off color on the green demo car? Wonder if it's because it's a different material than the rest of the bumper? 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Luxeous said:

I tried photoshopping just that front winglet in black on mine but it looks strange with the front lower intake being painted. Your idea for red in the middle is an option but it'll end up just being taped off lines on a piece of CF, not sure you could get it to look right. 

Did anyone else notice that the front winglet seemed to be slightly off color on the green demo car? Wonder if it's because it's a different material than the rest of the bumper? 

It is slightly different in color because it's a different material since it has to be a deformable bumper. However, LamboCars crushed it and rendered my ideal spec:

LP1.jpg

Ace, how did the deals go?  I mean you are asking lambocars to do all of these renders.  The deal must be really really close right? 

I mean it would be horrible to waste Lambocar's time with renders, you want to be closing those deals. 

39 minutes ago, capt_chaos said:

Ace, how did the deals go?  I mean you are asking lambocars to do all of these renders.  The deal must be really really close right? 

I mean it would be horrible to waste Lambocar's time with renders, you want to be closing those deals. 

Couldn’t you just look at each specific render when you are ordering it at the dealer?

2 hours ago, capt_chaos said:

Let's see, some cliff notes:

2014: 

2013 was a great year and came into 2014 strong. Working on an big energy project investment with many green lights. Lots of upside and my primary business is doing good.

2015: 

Energy project gets blocked by local government, spent some cash trying to work around it, which was all for nothing and money was lost. Not the end of the world, but a very noticeable chunk of change was lost. Primary business has a bit of a slow year, which doesn't help. Launch another business which winds up gaining some good traction and is a nice income stream.

2016:

Brokered 2 CRE deals and 2 Tech company deals, while launching a tech project. Each deal was worth a substantial payday. Both CRE deals get stalled out, on one the seller decides to hold after a last minute change of heart by the board, and the 2nd they wind up doing the sale with a buyer different from mine after it down between my bid and another bid that the seller had a personal connection with. 1 of the tech deals goes south after a legal case springs up with the company stalling everything out, the other tech deal gets torpedoed when the one co-founder pulls out of the company and takes his funding, dissolving the company. The other tech project never gains traction. The deals cost me a lot of time, the tech project cost me some cash.

The new business I was working on goes in 2015 flat after a major company comes out with a competing service, which cuts off an income stream. Primary business is at the same level as the prior year, so it hasn't grown, despite investments made to attempt to grow it.

2017: 

Had to spend some cash to put out the fires from the torpedoes. My primary business gets a bit of a boost and some smaller deals come together so the damage is almost equalized. Launched 2 smaller projects. Both never gain traction, so some money was lost.

2018:

Took the play money and used it to launch 4 projects and did some crypto investing. Lost some money on crypto, made some money back, so I'm a little ahead of were I started presently and am holding to see what it does. 1 project has been steady, working on scaling it out. 1 project has proven to not be cost-effective time wise, so it's been shutdown. 1 project is 95% completed but behind schedule due to technical delays, so it can't be launched yet. Frustrating, but there's great upside. The other project which is focused on crowd-sourcing has produced a lot of movement, but no traction yet, which is frustrating.

Too Long; Didn't Read: I've lost a lot of money on entrepreneurial ventures and I've made some money. I haven't managed to hit that break out point again we're I'm really getting ahead and can justify all the toys I want. True frustration is getting within spitting distance of the finish line then being tripped up.

Any other entrepreneurial failures of mine we should discuss while I'm at it? I got plenty that date before 2014, including failing so hard I wound up homeless.

1 hour ago, Assman said:

Couldn’t you just look at each specific render when you are ordering it at the dealer?

Lambocars is much quicker and more convenient. As stated before, the SVJ is out of my immediate price range (I buy in cash, I don't lease) so I won't waste my dealer's time. Lambocar's renders help me stay motivated.

Supercar Ace, I always thought you are a very cool guy but today somebody on the board sent me a gofundme link to a page where you ask people to fund your overseas European holiday WTF??, My jaw hit the floor, I know it’s none of my business but damn that’s beyond my level of comprehension. I was literally speechless.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with your endeavors, reading your post above,  just remember there rarely are any shortcuts in business life or instant gratification, it’s always about the basics, always! You seem to be looking for a unicorn. 

BTW this isn’t an attack but I would be lying if I said that I was not extremely disappointed to learn about your gofundme attempt. If I were you I’d donate that money to a charity. 

See, I am reading your meandering post Ace, all the the time I am thinking this stuff you wrote on gofundme. 

Those poor saps that actually donated. 

I cannot understand why you keep asking Poor Lambocars to put together renders for you free of charge and for what purpose. 

It really is disappointing and questionable behaviour at best. 

C1FC35E0-54C2-4519-ACD8-3F74F9814B2A.png

2B1BF200-C460-459F-A6C4-EC49FFA35B8E.png

A8BD63A1-55B6-4890-B424-8AF5612C5D38.png

113D212C-3353-481F-9EEB-A6967E504696.png

6 hours ago, Fortis said:

Supercar Ace, I always thought you are a very cool guy but today somebody on the board sent me a gofundme link to a page where you ask people to fund your overseas European holiday WTF??, My jaw hit the floor, I know it’s none of my business but damn that’s beyond my level of comprehension. I was literally speechless.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with your endeavors, reading your post above,  just remember there rarely are any shortcuts in business life or instant gratification, it’s always about the basics, always! You seem to be looking for a unicorn. 

BTW this isn’t an attack but I would be lying if I said that I was not extremely disappointed to learn about your gofundme attempt. If I were you I’d donate that money to a charity. 

I''m 99% sure I know who that "somebody" is that sent link out and it's totally fine, I have nothing to hide, especially since I made that post public.

"The other project which is focused on crowd-sourcing has produced a lot of movement, but no traction yet, which is frustrating."

This was part of a larger personal branding test. My holiday was already paid for, and I haven't spent a dime that was donated nor did I ever have any plans to. I won't go into the full reasons for what I was working on or for the very bad advice I took on this because no one cares and at the end of the day the buck ends with me. This particular experiment was never about the money itself, but it resulted in a colossal failure, drew a lot of negative feedback and is one of those decisions that costs you something a lot more valuable than money. But intent means nothing, it's all about results, be they good or bad.

I'm all too aware that there are no short cuts in business or in life, and the for a lot of stuff listed above there are much longer back stories. Those cliff notes are just the summary of things that had been in the works for years. There are no unicorns. Every deal put together and every project launched all had hours upon hours of hard work, sweat, sleepless nights and a lot of time in preparation behind them. It was years of work, networking, and delivering value that led to the potential fruition of opportunities, and when those opportunities arise you have to take them and give it what you've got. Nothing worthwhile comes overnight or comes instantly. But a fact of life is sometimes despite all your work and effort, you still fail. There are no guarantees.

As you know, I have the highest amount of respect for you and a high amount of respect for the members of this board and the gofundme experiment has cost me a lot more than any of you will ever know. I don't have any regrets in life, but this is certainly one of those bullets that can never be un-fired, so I own it and deal with the consequences. You have to own your choices in life, especially when they turn out to be really bad choices, but that's also why I like this community, for the most part everyone owns their shit and they don't let other people's shit slide. My number got called up today and it is what it is. I won't defend my decision or justify it: I made a choice, it turned out to be a bad one, so I am responsible for it.

I've had some nice wins and have had some big losses in life, but the one thing I've learned is that no amount of money gained or lost compares to any amount respect lost by those that you respect. I do sincerely hope this hasn't caused irreparable damage and that I will not be judged solely on this action. This board has always been a sacred space for me but you can never out run your sins.

If you, or anyone wants to talk offline, my door is open.

4 hours ago, capt_chaos said:

See, I am reading your meandering post Ace, all the the time I am thinking this stuff you wrote on gofundme. 

I cannot understand why you keep asking Poor Lambocars to put together renders for you free of charge and for what purpose. 

Those are actually close friends that know me very well and 3 of the 4 donations were made after offline conversations. 

On my list of things that looking back I'm not proud of, this is pretty high on there, especially given that this bad decision is something I'll be judged on for a long time to come.

In the grand scheme it's not the worst choice I've ever made, but it's most certainly the most recent worst choice I've made.

But as I said I have nothing to hide. It was a bad choice and I own it.

-Josh

10 hours ago, capt_chaos said:

You all are so full of yourselves.

Leave the guy alone he did nothing wrong here - anyone here can be torn down it's easy to do when you have mods that are intent on ruining someone. 

1 hour ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Leave the guy alone he did nothing wrong here - anyone here can be torn down it's easy to do when you have mods that are intent on ruining someone. 

I think everyone here is being plenty respectful... Ace would have taken a lot more heat on other boards / Instagram.

With all due respect if you want to play pretend lambo owner do it on your own time.  LamboCARS is giving his time and efforts away for free and hasn't asked for anything in return (as far as I know).  Real heroes don't ware capes (or masquerade around above their financial weight class for that matter).

1 hour ago, escobar said:

I think everyone here is being plenty respectful... Ace would have taken a lot more heat on other boards / Instagram.

With all due respect if you want to play pretend lambo owner do it on your own time.  LamboCARS is giving his time and efforts away for free and hasn't asked for anything in return (as far as I know).  Real heroes don't ware capes (or masquerade around above their financial weight class for that matter).

:iamwithstupid:

3 hours ago, escobar said:

Disagree which is why the mods chose the JOTA thread because it was intended to be hurtful. 

If you believe an owner SV JOTA or hyper car is a hero then let's talk about all the guys who sold their SV within months. 

Most the talkers here - sold their SV and may or may not have a JOTA slot. 

Fortis went on about his SV with renderings for months and months - you think he sent money to Lambo cars and here is again posting a new color combination that he does NOT have on order. 

From what I understand - Lambo cars has several employees and each post or rendering sends traffic to their for profit website. 

Go ahead pick on someone but I assure you there is always someone who can do the same to everyone here who plays a super hero because they are an owner - the amount of SV or soon to be JOTA owners on here are maybe 5 out of 70+ pages. 

I have Bosnian and Croatian employees - these people had a life that could not be worse from war to concentration camps.

Can only imagine how hard you and others life must be!

Financial class - do tell me about this financial class you or others claim is above the man you have chose to pick on. 

5 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

^Let's talk offline. I've derailed this thread enough.

4 hours ago, escobar said:

I have said what I need to on this thread about that side subject and as mentioned earlier anyone that wants further dive into this side topic they can reach me directly, my door is open. Shoot me a PM, leave me a visitor message or reach out to me in any other way.

The purpose of this thread is to talk about the most badass car Lambo's made to date, the Aventador SV Jota and with respect to the forum, we should all stay on that topic in this thread.

I derailed this thread so I'm putting it back on track. That's the last I'll say on this thread about this side subject matter.

I really don’t understand what the big deal is that he had a gofundme campaign for a holiday. People seem to do that on there and for other non charitable endevaours.

Unless I’m missing something it seems VERY harsh to rip into him on this...

Anyway the SVJ is cool but I’d be more than happy with the AV Roadster in S form. It’s a cleaner looking design IMO.

Also, Nuvolari is still the biggest cunt in the online automotive world.

I just want to say that I mentioned a while ago that people should donate $5 to LamboCars every time they wanted a render because so many of you were asking, to which he replied in this thread and I quote: 

I don't make any money from these renders ... it's all for fun.

And not a single one of you had a problem with it, but all of a sudden because Supercar Ace wanted a render of a car that he's working towards, it's a big deal.  Lambocars doesn't work for the factory and I never saw any of you offer to donate in the thread, (not to say that anyone didn't donate). 

He's never claimed to be anyone that he wasn't.  He's never said anything against anyone or stirred any type of trouble here.  I don't think it was fair for Captain Chaos to just come out and dox him like that.  That is the textbook definition of bullying and Ace has never thrown any shade at Chaos, so why throw the stone all of a sudden?  I've cut off every fcuking expense I could right now in order to pay for my business and projects.  It's part of being an entrepreneur and making the dream happen.  My point is, you don't know peoples' situations or what they're going through.  What he does in his own time is his own business.  

I personally, and a few others are here because we are working towards a goal.  I've been busting my ass to get there and I appreciate you guys and your input and advice.  I've made so many good friends here and learned a lot.  What hurts though is sometimes and in the past there are people that did what Captain did to me on here and think it's funny to say insulting things and be as discouraging as possible.  For example.  I asked a question, then Porter kept making fun of me for riding a bicycle to work, then told me to floor my car into a wall, etc, then said I sound like some pothead, asked if I smoked weed, etc.  I asked about a project, someone here said "Nobody will sign your stupid NDA."  Do some of you guys get off on just being a dick to people?  I understand when there's a time to be a dick like when people tell a lie here, or cause trouble, or just act a fool, it's fun to hop in the mosh pit and get in arguments, but calling someone out in front of the whole forum who's literally done nothing wrong is classless.  

2 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Fortis went on about his SV with renderings for months and months - you think he sent money to Lambo cars and here is again posting a new color combination that he does NOT have on order. 

WTF are you on about? I’ve used LamboCars’s configurator like anybody else, over the years he’s done renders for me, most volunteered by him like he’s done for many here, some I requested but saying that I’ve asked him to render for me months in a row is   false and surprisingly worse than your sentence construction, punctuation and grammar. 

If you are insinuating that I don’t have a SVJ on order I can assure you that you are wrong, not that it matters or makes and difference to my life but I am first in line at my dealer.

I really don’t see what the big deal is if one has an order or not or if one decided to keep their SV or not, do you think you are special that you’ve kept your SV?  Not that’s any of your business but I’ve made a very good profit on mine and I sold it, it’s a replaceable commodity, I couldn’t care less about owning it or not took the money and sold it to somebody who liked it more.

Also please pull your head in and don’t even start talking about money because I will make you feel inadequate, also don’t forget to consider you have 20 years on me with a 20 kickstart, settle down. 

You completely missed the whole point of this whole conversation with Supercar Ace.

13 hours ago, Supercar Ace said:

I''m 99% sure I know who that "somebody" is that sent link out and it's totally fine, I have nothing to hide, especially since I made that post public.

Thanks for your post, as I said I have nothing against you, but that action just stunned me and that’s why I mentioned it, I appreciate the fact that you realized that was a big mistake and you are working your way away from it, I also know that you understand and appreciate where I am coming from and I hope you know that whatever I said wasn’t done maliciously, I also think that you know and appreciate that most of it isn’t about LamboCars’s renders and that it goes a bit deeper than that, having said that at the end of the day you don’t owe me or anyone else an explanation for your actions, I am just a stranger to you and so are many here. 

As for your business endeavors, coming from less than nothing myself I appreciate and admire the effort, hard work and determination , everything you’ve briefly explained in your posts above (I know there is a lot more to it) to me sounds very complicated and convoluted, that’s why I am saying you are chasing unicorns, business is very very simple in essence, the basics of doing a successful deal have not changed, trim all the nonsense and if you work hard enough you will eventually get there but if you keep on chasing to good to be true convoluted transactions you are doing nothing but gambling and that’s not the basis of a sustainable business, yes you might get lucky but what if you never will before you run out of money and/or enthusiasm? You need to build a solid base and start with that. 

I tell you what, next time you want to do a deal PM and I will help you negotiate it or at least let you know if it’s a time wasting exercise or not. 

All I can say is I appreciate this forum, it's been the most helpful and knowledgeable when I needed answers compared to the other "you know who" forum. BUT I realize that this place is a "no holds barred" WRT dumb dumb posts and comments, so I think before I post. But I like it that way TBH. I hesitate to comment on the previous few posts since I have no dog in the fight, but one has to be able to turn the other cheek sometimes when you get hit and just move on and not take it personal. This is THE forum for Lambo owners IMHO so I'm willing to take it and occasionally I'll dish it our too, but hey that's what makes life interesting!

RDW

1 hour ago, IanMan said:

I just want to say that I mentioned a while ago that people should donate $5 to LamboCars every time they wanted a render because so many of you were asking, to which he replied in this thread and I quote: 

And not a single one of you had a problem with it, but all of a sudden because Supercar Ace wanted a render of a car that he's working towards, it's a big deal.  Lambocars doesn't work for the factory and I never saw any of you offer to donate in the thread, (not to say that anyone didn't donate). 

He's never claimed to be anyone that he wasn't.  He's never said anything against anyone or stirred any type of trouble here.  I don't think it was fair for Captain Chaos to just come out and dox him like that.  That is the textbook definition of bullying and Ace has never thrown any shade at Chaos, so why throw the stone all of a sudden?  I've cut off every fcuking expense I could right now in order to pay for my business and projects.  It's part of being an entrepreneur and making the dream happen.  My point is, you don't know peoples' situations or what they're going through.  What he does in his own time is his own business.  

I personally, and a few others are here because we are working towards a goal.  I've been busting my ass to get there and I appreciate you guys and your input and advice.  I've made so many good friends here and learned a lot.  What hurts though is sometimes and in the past there are people that did what Captain did to me on here and think it's funny to say insulting things and be as discouraging as possible.  For example.  I asked a question, then Porter kept making fun of me for riding a bicycle to work, then told me to floor my car into a wall, etc, then said I sound like some pothead, asked if I smoked weed, etc.  I asked about a project, someone here said "Nobody will sign your stupid NDA."  Do some of you guys get off on just being a dick to people?  I understand when there's a time to be a dick like when people tell a lie here, or cause trouble, or just act a fool, it's fun to hop in the mosh pit and get in arguments, but calling someone out in front of the whole forum who's literally done nothing wrong is classless.  

You're out of context. You posted you ride a bicycle to work and also have an M5 daily driver, and were wondering if you should trade your M5 in for an old 328. I asked if you were high. You also posted you invented an inflatable car cover that inflates to look like a Prius. I asked if you were drunk.

All you responses ended with lol or a smiley face, so I thought we were cool. Guess not.

Regarding driving your car into a wall, that wasn't me.

Get your poop in a hoop buddy.

4 hours ago, LA_Brit said:

I really don’t understand what the big deal is that he had a gofundme campaign for a holiday. People seem to do that on there and for other non charitable endevaours.

Unless I’m missing something it seems VERY harsh to rip into him on this...

Anyway the SVJ is cool but I’d be more than happy with the AV Roadster in S form. It’s a cleaner looking design IMO.

Also, Nuvolari is still the biggest cunt in the online automotive world.

Appreciate you helping out Superace and if it makes you feel better to call me a C - I am good with that. 

3 hours ago, IanMan said:

Same thing happened too me - in fact they disabled my pm's. 

I think it's time the bs ends!

1 hour ago, porter said:

You're out of context. You posted you ride a bicycle to work and also have an M5 daily driver, and were wondering if you should trade your M5 in for an old 328. I asked if you were high. You also posted you invented an inflatable car cover that inflates to look like a Prius. I asked if you were drunk.

All you responses ended with lol or a smiley face, so I thought we were cool. Guess not.

Regarding driving your car into a wall, that wasn't me.

Get your poop in a hoop buddy.

Create your own. Close your eyes and floor it.

The car cover, I'll give you.  I was new to the forum and really out there trying to find my footing as a young 23(?) year old at the time and I drew some shitty drawing up, but with good intentions at the time, so I get it.  I've moved up quite a bit since then-from drawings to CAD designs and finally showing off projects to companies. 

The best I can do is take it like a champ and shrug it off in those situations, right?  The context just never felt friendly because I felt you always had that reaction to something I'd post, and I never saw it towards anyone else unless they were being a complete ass on the boards.  It's highly possible I took it out of context too, in which case I would like to publicly apologize to you.  I swear I'm not easily offended, but it was definitely hard to tell where you were coming from.  I hope this hasn't ruined anything between the two of us.  I have thick skin but don't like to feel like I have a target on my back.  

Thanks for replying.  

Ian

3 hours ago, Fortis said:

WTF are you on about? I’ve used LamboCars’s configurator like anybody else, over the years he’s done renders for me, most volunteered by him like he’s done for many here, some I requested but saying that I’ve asked him to render for me months in a row is   false and surprisingly worse than your sentence construction, punctuation and grammar. 

If you are insinuating that I don’t have a SVJ on order I can assure you that you are wrong, not that it matters or makes and difference to my life but I am first in line at my dealer.

I really don’t see what the big deal is if one has an order or not or if one decided to keep their SV or not, do you think you are special that you’ve kept your SV?  Not that’s any of your business but I’ve made a very good profit on mine and I sold it, it’s a replaceable commodity, I couldn’t care less about owning it or not took the money and sold it to somebody who liked it more.

Also please pull your head in and don’t even start talking about money because I will make you feel inadequate, also don’t forget to consider you have 20 years on me with a 20 kickstart, settle down. 

You completely missed the whole point of this whole conversation with Supercar Ace.

Could care less about my grammar - I work for a living unlike you who worries about what everyone does NOT have as you just did above.

You aren't first in line  - your post said you are waiting to see what the roadster looks like - as if that's a hard one to imagine! 

I placed a deposit on the hyper car went to NY for the viewing went to Monterey for the parties - understand that cars or driving isn't really your thing but it is mine as are car people. 

You must have posted 50 different SV color options over and over asking everyones opinion only to sell it because you placed money over the car - ironic!

Then posted here again - same as the other member but since you have more money or the mod thinks it's somehow offensive when someone doesn't have a deposit ... hmm!

You target people who you don't believe are worthy of being here - you did it twice in the last two posts. I would pull out your pm's you sent me describing another member who had an SV but he couldn't afford it - but for you or the other mods deleted my mailbox such a classy move. 

Do tell me what I'm missing - you went after a guy publicly because you could as it's what you and the other mods do. 

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

0.jpeg

Could everyone just chill , who gives a fuck who owns what or who has a bigger dick . For the record , if any of you doesn’t like what the forum offers , don’t post here .